• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Fugitive

Barelysane

Can't seem to get it to copy. It keeps saying that it is protected. Is there a setting that I need to change on anydvd? I have downloaded the newest version. I also have tryed it with 1click and roxio. also tryed to download it with anydvd right to computer but that didn't work either. Thanks for any help that you can give.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.2: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

(If you use something other than Clonedvd, right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to haddisk" . . . after you can import that rip into whatever you want)

3. Use the latest Clonedvd: click
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe

4. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

5. If you still have problems, then . . .

A) a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

If you use something other than Clonedvd, right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to haddisk" . . . after you can import that rip into whatever you want)
That is what i did when i said I tried to download it. It said that there was protection or something and would not work.

It usually installs itself when I download it.

That is what i did when i said I tried to download it.

That's not what downloading means. You mean rip. You tried to rip the disc.

It said that there was protection or something and would not work.

That's not the full error message.

It usually installs itself when I download it.

No. Anydvd does not install by itself. You need to run the Anydvd file you downloaded and install it.

Go through all of step 5 and provide the information that I requested please.

Thanks for the help

I really like to have it pointed out how much I don't know about computer talk. I also really like to be talked down to. So thanks again you made my day. And didn't help me at all.

I really like to have it pointed out how much I don't know about computer talk. I also really like to be talked down to.

And I really don't enjoy being attacked for no reason. I wasn't talking down to you. I was trying to make sense of what you wrote; I still don't understand what problem it is that you're having because you still haven't provided any information that I requested, which might be useful to help troubleshoot your issue.

So thanks again you made my day. And didn't help me at all.

I recommend you familiarize yourself with the forum rules:

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=51369#post51369

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

I really don't have the patience, in my spare time, to bother helping people here that are being belligerent. Good luck to you. Maybe someone else will help you.

Last edited:
I really like to have it pointed out how much I don't know about computer talk. I also really like to be talked down to. So thanks again you made my day. And didn't help me at all.

It is extremely hard to help someone if the problem isn't understood. Webslinger is attempting to figure out your problem. Asking questions is necessary.

Please answer the questions. :)

I am sorry but I real felt like if big dummy when I read your post because I really don't know very much about computers and the post you left of stuff for me to try made me feel like a bigger fool. I couldn't do half of what was on there because I don't have a clue what it means. I didn't know that there was a difference between ripping and downloading. So you really are talking over my head here. I had tried to search to see if the fugitive had any messages that would help before i even asked but I could not find any. I thought that since it was an older movie maybe I just had to change a setting in anydvd because it is what removes the protection and that is what came up. Sorry didn't write it down but it said something about the protection would not let me do it. So I retried the harddrive things and it came up with this file0 3 VTS_01_3.VOB 346007552 401408. Don't know about you but I really am not having a good day.

I am sorry but I real felt like if big dummy when I read your post because I really don't know very much about computers and the post you left of stuff for me to try made me feel like a bigger fool. I couldn't do half of what was on there because I don't have a clue what it means. I didn't know that there was a difference between ripping and downloading. So you really are talking over my head here. I had tried to search to see if the fugitive had any messages that would help before i even asked but I could not find any. I thought that since it was an older movie maybe I just had to change a setting in anydvd because it is what removes the protection and that is what came up. Sorry didn't write it down but it said something about the protection would not let me do it. So I retried the harddrive things and it came up with this file0 3 VTS_01_3.VOB 346007552 401408. Don't know about you but I really am not having a good day.

A FileIO 3 error means there was a read error. This could be caused by a number of things including a bad original disc. Even if a disc looks perfect w/o any marks or scratches it still can be flawed. There are also software programs that can cause incompatibilities.

I would ask you to please do the following things for me :)

(1) Ensure AnyDVD is running.
(2) Put the problematic original disc in your DVD drive/reader and wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
(3) Right-click the red fox icon in your systray.
(4) Select Create Logfile...
(5) Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file. This can take a little time so be patient.
(6) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
(7) Go to your My Documents folder
(8 ) You will see a zip file called "AnyDVD_Info_DriveLetter_DiscName.zip" (or something similar; see Step 6)
(9) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like a paperclip (
attach.gif
)
(10) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "Go Advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
(11) A small pop-up window should appear. If the window doesn't appear then please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
(12) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
(13) Click "Upload"
(14) Go back to your post and click "Submit Reply".

Do the above will help us help you. :)

Back