• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD SHUTDOWN

My Clone DVD is also being shut down by Windows XP !

If you have Zonealarm on your system, ensure Anydvd is being given permission to access the trusted zone.
Similarly if you have a firewall, antivirus or spyware program--ensure it's not blocking Anydvd from running.
Provided you downloaded Anydvd from Slysoft's website, Anydvd is a safe program (you have nothing
to be paranoid about).

If you have System Mechanic, System Mechanic Pro, or any kind of registry monitoring program, please ensure
these programs are allowing Anydvd's installation program to modify your registry--as those programs can block
Anydvd from installing properly.

If you keep getting "your trial has ended" messages, despite using your license key
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=196

linx05 says Teatimer enabled on Spybot can cause problems during installation: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36804&postcount=5

Try to ensure you don't have other unnecessary programs running in the background,
such as Powerdvd while using Clonedvd. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=6674

Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Clonedvd (start-->all programs-->Elaborate Bytes--->Clonedvd2-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Clonedvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

clone dvd shutdown

This has never happened before- what happened?

This has never happened before- what happened?

Just update to Clonedvd 2.9.1.5 (or reinstall it). Follow the steps I listed.

Without knowing what's on your system or what you've done, I really have no idea.

I have 2.9.1.2 and I do have Spybot but I can't figure out how to modify Teapot- maybe I should just uninstall Spybot?
then reinstall the newer version of CloneDVD?

I have 2.9.1.2

Update to 2.9.1.5

and I do have Spybot but I can't figure out how to modify Teapot- maybe I should just uninstall Spybot?

Uninstall teatimer. If you can't, then uninstall Spybot, update to Clonedvd 2.9.1.5, and then reinstall Spybot (but I would personally avoid installing teatimer).

When updating to Clonedvd 2.9.1.5, do this:

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Clonedvd (start-->all programs-->Elaborate Bytes--->Clonedvd2-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Clonedvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

Just update to Clonedvd 2.9.1.5 (or reinstall it). Follow the steps I listed.

Without knowing what's on your system or what you've done, I really have no idea.

I've had the same problem on 4 different partitions, 2 XP 32 and 64 bits and 2 Vista 32 and 64 bits. The last attempt I made, I installed CloneDVD2 with my Internet connection closed and the program worked perfectly well. I copied a DVD without any problem. I restarted the program with the Internet connection open, and I got the same error message as before after a couple seconds. I suspect that some changes have been made on the internet link checking for a program update which creates a fault and shuts down the program. This condition has started mid afternoon yesterday.

I've had the same problem on 4 different partitions, 2 XP 32 and 64 bits and 2 Vista 32 and 64 bits. The last attempt I made, I installed CloneDVD2 with my Internet connection closed and the program worked perfectly well. I copied a DVD without any problem. I restarted the program with the Internet connection open, and I got the same error message as before after a couple seconds. I suspect that some changes have been made on the internet link checking for a program update which creates a fault and shuts down the program. This condition has started mid afternoon yesterday.

That's interesting. About 5 people here resolved their issue by simply uninstalling and reinstalling. Someone else also had to disable a registry monitoring program.

I haven't had any issues on 3 different systems (2 xp and on Vista 64 Ultimate bit edition).

Last edited:
This happened to me as well. I used CloneDVD two days ago and it worked perfectly. Today, I started the program, and after a few seconds, CloneDVD reported that it encountered a program error and terminated the application. I also had just updated to AnyDVD 6.3.1.2. After restoring to the previous version of AnyDVD (and re-booting after the re-install), the same thing occurred - CloneDVD reported that it encountered a program error and terminated.

I then logged into this forum, followed the instructions posted here to remove both AnyDVD and CloneDVD (keeping my registration information from both uninstalls), cleaned the registry, then re-installed both of the applications from scratch. Everything now works perfectly once again.

I then logged into this forum, followed the instructions posted here to remove both AnyDVD and CloneDVD (keeping my registration information from both uninstalls), cleaned the registry, then re-installed both of the applications from scratch. Everything now works perfectly once again.

Yeah, that's what is fixing the problem for most people.

That's interesting. About 5 people here resolved their issue by simply uninstalling and reinstalling. Someone else also had to disable a registry monitoring program.

I haven't had any issues on 3 different systems (2 xp and on Vista 64 bit edition).

Just tried it again on my XP partition. I get the error trying to copy a DVD or writing a ISO file. If I shut down my Cable Modem, everything works fine no error. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall, but one should'nt have to do this normaly. The problem is definitely Internet related.

Just tried it again on my XP partition. I get the error trying to copy a DVD or writing a ISO file. If I shut down my Cable Modem, everything works fine no error. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall, but one should'nt have to do this normaly. The problem is definitely Internet related.

Try Updating to Clonedvd 2.9.1.5

I have CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 and AnyDVD HD 6.3.1.2 installed, thank you.

Ok, then uninstall and reinstall using the steps outlined previously.

I am unable to reproduce your problem at all. I am, obviously, connected to the internet.

I will try to follow your instructions and report back. THANK YOU.

Ok, then uninstall and reinstall using the steps outlined previously.

I am unable to reproduce your problem at all. I am, obviously, connected to the internet.

OK, uninstalling and reinstalling resolved the issue. I would still look into the Internet connection angle, with the number of people reporting the problem, my specific configuration is not at fault and well behaved software should not require uninstalling and reinstalling to correct the situation.

I would still look into the Internet connection angle

Very odd . . .

You could certainly be right. I have no idea why this is happening.
And I don't understand why uninstalling and reinstalling seems to work (but it does).

I don't work for Slysoft (and actually Elaborate Bytes develops Clonedvd--not Slysoft), but I will forward your concerns to one of the Slysoft developers.

Last edited:
Very odd . . .

You could certainly be right. I have no idea why this is happening.
And I don't understand why uninstalling and reinstalling seems to work (but it does).

I don't work for Slysoft (and actually Elaborate Bytes develops Clonedvd--not Slysoft), but I will forward your concerns to one of the Slysoft developers.

Thanks for your quick answers. It would be interesting to see if other users have noticed the Internet connection quirk too

hazzah!

Followed your instructions...It's working ! I have the free AVG and I cannot figure out a way to turn off the Teapot. Should I BUY a version; which would give me more controls?

Followed your instructions...It's working ! I have the free AVG and I cannot figure out a way to turn off the Teapot. Should I BUY a version; which would give me more controls?

If everything is working even with Teatimer running, then there's no need to worry.

Last edited:
Back