• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

volume control

GammaTester

Hey programmers,

Could I submit a feature request for future versions of the product. I bought and use the suite of software, yup the whole thing.

In AnyDVD, CloneDVD, etc, etc. could you please add a sound volume preference setting, don't need anything fancy. Something like radio buttons to set the preferred volume to low, med, high or something like that.

The programs play cool sounds of your choice, if fact kindda cool, when action is completed but it doesn't need to wake up the whole neighborhood.

thanks!

:clap:

Actually, personally, I love when programs have an option to completely disable sounds. I like to leave certain programs active that if they make a sound during the night it's okay while others I have no need to hear at all. A volume option, IMO, would be more work than it's worth while the able to enabled/disable would be far easier.

Actually, personally, I love when programs have an option to completely disable sounds. I like to leave certain programs active that if they make a sound during the night it's okay while others I have no need to hear at all. A volume option, IMO, would be more work than it's worth while the able to enabled/disable would be far easier.

You can disable sound in Clonedvd. Just remove the files listed under "preferences".

You can also disable sounds in Clonecd. Uncheck everything under "settings"-->"select sounds"

You can disable sound in Clonedvd. Just remove the files listed under "preferences".

You can also disable sounds in Clonecd. Uncheck everything under "settings"-->"select sounds"

Oh. I didn't know if I removed them there would be no sound. Some programs if you do this you still end up with a Windows Critical sound and that's annoying.

I wish I could get DVD Rebuilder Pro not to make noise that would wake the dead during the middle of the night.

I just turn off the speakers and all is good.

This is easy, of course, but I need to hear certain things during the night. So I can't turn the speakers off or mute the volume. :)

There are applications out there that lets you selectively control the volume for different programs but I've only heard of them being buggy and I'd prefer native support within the original programs, anyway.

it doesn't need to wake up the whole neighborhood.
if you look at the "success" sound wave in adobe audition,it actually peaks at over 0dB (same goes for "wait" and "error" sounds).
that's why it sounds so loud,compared to if you had just been listening to a song at a nice volume in windows media player.
there doesn't seem to be a "standard" volume for sounds-especially on pc's.
i'm forever upping and downing the volume when using the computer on a daily basis.

if you dont like the loudness,download the zip file below and extract all.
copy and paste (or drag and drop) the 3 sounds into this folder location found by clicking start>Run,then typing:
C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\Sounds\
(assuming your main drive is "C" drive).
i've reduced the volume on all 3 .wav's by 6dB

Attachments

• sounds.zip
    63 KB · Views: 2
There are applications out there that lets you selectively control the volume for different programs but I've only heard of them being buggy and I'd prefer native support within the original programs, anyway.

You are right about this, but I'm only aware of one 3rd party app that lets you do this (IndieVolume, and it has problems with Flash). What others do you know about?

Also, if you want to take a big jump, I understand that Vista has per-application volume control built-in.

I understand what r u saying.Usually, I use the windows volume control for different volume settings.Its works.

Back