• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sony S300 and User Created BD-R/RE Discs

JohnH

I just updated the firmware in my s300 blu-ray player to version 3.70 and grabbed an old BD-RE disc that i had burned in a Sony blu ray drive (from Premiere).

It used to be that the player would immediately flag it as a non-supported media. Now, it plays the sounds and advances the recorder index (as if it's tracking perfectly) but does not display picture.

Seems really close to reading/displaying user created BD-R/RE. Anyone have insight as to what's going on?

Premiere won't burn Blu-ray discs, do you mean you burnt it in Encore CS3?

Yeah it's Encore... my bad... Premiere seamlessly transfers you to Encore after rendering for output to media.

I just updated the firmware in my s300 blu-ray player to version 3.70 and grabbed an old BD-RE disc that i had burned in a Sony blu ray drive (from Premiere).

It used to be that the player would immediately flag it as a non-supported media. Now, it plays the sounds and advances the recorder index (as if it's tracking perfectly) but does not display picture.

Seems really close to reading/displaying user created BD-R/RE. Anyone have insight as to what's going on?

i am at 3.70 and don't have any issues with backups of commercial bds on bd-re

what version are you on, is it just 3.0 or 3.0.1?

Back