• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Downloading updates causes crashes

sparkym5

Running Windows XP and I've not even installed any of the updates yet just downloaded them both for upgrading when ready, and CloneDvd is crashing before I've even run anything. I'm still running using CloneDvd 2912 and AnyDvd 6300 so just downloading the updates seems to have kicked up an error. Been using these versions with no problems whatsoever.

Maybe not but I burned a disc only 2hrs ago, downloaded the updates went to burn a nother disc and hey presto an error message, strange!

No, they are in a my AnyDvd CloneDvd Updates file ready for when I'm ready to run them, I have saved all the past updates of both programes, just habit.

Maybe not but I burned a disc only 2hrs ago, downloaded the updates went to burn a nother disc and hey presto an error message, strange!

With you first post and now this post it seems there might be a hardware conflict with your system be it RAM going bad or a Power Supply. It can be as simple as there is allot of dust build up in the PC open the side and get a can of air and blow out all the dust very good. Also reseat your RAM too as there may be a possibility that some debris got into the slot too. All just guesses but they are free fixes besides getting the can of air.

Well, install the updates. The programs were updated for a reason.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.2: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

(If you use something other than Clonedvd, right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to haddisk" . . . after you can import that rip into whatever you want)

3. Use the latest Clonedvd: click
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe

4. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

5. If you still have problems, then . . .

A) a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

No, they are in a my AnyDvd CloneDvd Updates file ready for when I'm ready to run them, I have saved all the past updates of both programes, just habit.

So you actually just downloaded them to the desktop and have yet to install? If so see my last post.

Alright, so if all you did was download them and you did not install them the problem was not caused by downloading the new updates. It's coincidental. Annoying but coincidental. The heart of the problem is elsewhere.

OK, I'll install both updates first and see if this cures the problem, my computers inards are as clean as a whistle Charlie, get back later.

Installed the CloneDvd 2915 update and this seems to have corrected the fault without having to uninstall the programme first, not run the AnyDvd update yet. The original Disc I had just inserted for backup before this error occured was Sony's Superbad but AnyDvd 6300 doesn't seem to bothered by it and CloneDvd seems happy now, hopefully just a one off, thanks for all your replies, much apprieciated.

Installed the CloneDvd 2915 update and this seems to have corrected the fault without having to uninstall the programme first, not run the AnyDvd update yet. The original Disc I had just inserted for backup before this error occured was Sony's Superbad but AnyDvd 6300 doesn't seem to bothered by it and CloneDvd seems happy now, hopefully just a one off, thanks for all your replies, much apprieciated.

I recommend updating Anydvd as well.

Thanks Webbo, have allready done it, I only like to update with the final releases anyway. Thanks again.

surely when anyone downloads updates to anydvd/clonedvd2 etc...you install them too?
otherwise why bother downloading them in the first place?:confused:

it takes me well less than 30 seconds to install an update to anydvd.same for clonedvd2 aswell.

Last edited:
surely when anyone downloads updates to anydvd/clonedvd2 etc...you install them too?
otherwise why bother downloading them in the first place?:confused:
it takes me well less than 30 seconds to install an update to anydvd.same for clonedvd2 aswell.
There's not been a final release of AnyDvd since 6.3.0.3 2007 12 21 and CloneDvd2 since Version 2.9.1.2: 2007 08 09, I only downloaded them as I posted earlier a few hours ago, as I only like to update with the final releases anyway I do it when I think too, it's not the be all and end all for me, my paid for programmes my perogative to install when I wish to.

i understand about you only installing final releases as they can cause problems or not work as they should-sometimes.

Sometimes Slysoft betas are more stable than final releases, but as I stated earlier Anydvd 6.3.1.2 is an official version. It's not a beta.

Clonedvd 2.9.1.5 and Anydvd 6.3.1.2 are final releases.
I know that Webbo, and you've totally misunderstood what I said, 6312 and 2915 are the only final releases since AnyDvd 6.3.0.3 2007 12 21 and CloneDvd2 since Version 2.9.1.2: 2007 08 09 everything else was a beta, I bide my time and see how the new releases be it a beta or final pan out with any problems first then I upgrade, sorry but are we not getting a little off topic here?

Back