• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My problem with Mr Woodcock

Tellsch

I cannot get the AnyDVD ripper to work with this movie. I am using v6.3.1.2.

Here is a screen shot of the error

Attachments

• AnyDVD Error.jpg
    AnyDVD Error.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13

A) a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

Post the log files please.

There really should be no problem with this disc...

Last edited:
Log File

Here it is...

*EDIT* Removed log

Last edited:
InCDPass (system32\drivers\InCDPass.sys), Version: 5.0.0.4 (5.0.0.4)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD
Copyright: Copyright 1995-2005 Nero AG and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Description: Ahead RW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 0, 0, 4
ProductVersion: 5, 0, 0, 4

incdrm (system32\drivers\InCDRm.sys), Version: 5.0.0.4 (5.0.0.4)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD Reader
Copyright: Copyright 1995-2005 Nero AG and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Description: Nero MRW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 0, 0, 4
ProductVersion: 5, 0, 0, 4

Nero's Incd is packet writing software, which interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

1. Uninstall Nero's Incd. Check to ensure those two entries I quoted no longer appear in your filters after rebooting.

If you can't figure out how to remove the filters, do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "InCDPass". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "incdrm". Click "Remove Selected Filter" Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

(If you use something other than Clonedvd, right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to haddisk" . . . after you can import that rip into whatever you want)

3. Use the latest Clonedvd: click
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe

4. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

5. If you still have problems, then . . .

A) a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

Last edited:
Thanks

I removed incd and it appears to be ripping it OK, thanks guys.

I removed incd and it appears to be ripping it OK, thanks guys.

You're welcome!

Hey Drinklyeanddie,

The next time someone posts to tell me that Incd works perfectly fine with Anydvd, would never cause problems--and insinuates that I don't know what I'm talking about, do me a favor . . . ;)

:bang:

Of course, the problem may be specific to certain older versions of Incd (I haven't been really paying attention).

Last edited:
You're welcome!

Hey Drinklyeanddie,

The next time someone posts to tell me that Incd works perfectly fine with Anydvd, would never cause problems--and insinuates that I don't know what I'm talking about, do me a favor . . . ;)

:bang:

Of course, the problem may be specific to certain older versions of Incd (I haven't been really paying attention).

And here we have an example where it doesn't work so beautifully, unfortunately, but that's why people are often told they should uninstall it and other packet writing programs and/or filters from other troublesome software.

I'm glad Tellsch resolved the problem. :D

And here we have an example where it doesn't work so beautifully, unfortunately, but that's why people are often told they should uninstall it and other packet writing programs and/or filters from other troublesome software.

Yes. Here is yet another excellent example of why we tell people to remove packet writing software if they are experiencing problems.

@Webslinger @DrinkLyeAndDie

You may remember that I do have InCD installed and it seems to be compatible with my system. It may be version dependent (I have 5.8.9.0 installed now) as I remember using the older version 4, which was horrible and I took it off my system pronto.

However, I do have a question - since I have no fear about trying anything if I run into a problem - if I remove the InCD filter with ImgBurn, will the filter be reinstalled upon next boot up? I guess I can try that too if you don't know.

You may remember that I do have InCD installed and it seems to be compatible with my system. It may be version dependent (I have 5.8.9.0 installed now) as I remember using the older version 4, which was horrible and I took it off my system pronto.

It really should be removed, regardless. Use dvd-ram with a FAT file format; dvd-ram is more stable. UDF is great for causing compatibility issues, especially when transferring discs from one system to the next (regardless of claims that the disc will work in other systems no matter what).

However, I do have a question - since I have no fear about trying anything if I run into a problem - if I remove the InCD filter with ImgBurn, will the filter be reinstalled upon next boot up? I guess I can try that too if you don't know.

No. It's gone. You'd have to renter the filter entry manually in your registry (or reinstall Incd).

By the way, there are a bunch of other examples where removing Incd fixed people's problems here (but I do forget what version was being used). Tellsch is at least using version 5 of Incd (not 4).

But if my directions are followed properly, you'll have backed up your registry before making changes. So if you want, you can just reload your old registry file.

Last edited:
@Webslinger @DrinkLyeAndDie

The problem with InCD and similar filters/software is that the simple "maybe" part makes resolving a problem so difficult. If it "may" cause a problem and nothing else is appearing to be wrong then it just "might" be the problem.

I believe that with a lot of these problematic software programs that it can also come down to the exact setup of a system so it may cause problems for one person but not another. Nonetheless, I still refuse to use nor can I recommend packet writing software. It is historically known for causing problems and being a pain. Some may disagree with me and that is their right but no one can change my mind on the matter.

People simply should make use of DVD-RAM these days and never use packet writing software.

The biggest problem when trying to help people is when they fight you every step of the way. It's when that happens that I ponder why I should waste any time and energy trying to help someone. Afterall, I'm getting nothing for my troubles but grief.

A re-install of InCD or, as Webslinger noted, manually re-adding the registry entry will make InCD work again.

Back