• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

FLV Encode

bowenit

Could you include a solution to do an FLV encode please? I do some website work and it will only work with this format.

Could you include a solution to do an FLV encode please? I do some website work and it will only work with this format.
What is the "it" in question? (What are you trying to play on?)

Yeah - I echo profcolli here :)

Mencoder (which is the utility that CD-M uses to do the encoding) will encode your source to Sorenson H.263 video (according to Wikipedia, the format used in Flash video - FLV - although Flash 8+ apparently supports H264 video) and mp3 audio (again according to Wikipedia, the format used in most Flash videos) but the question is what containers (AVI, MP4, etc) does your device support?

The following profile (modified DivX profile) will create an AVI file with a FLV video track and an mp3 audio track (identified by GSpot). Tried to modify it to create an MP4 but couldn't seem to get it to work :( Ended up with no ouput after CD-M runs mp4box. Tried it at the command line and it seems that mp4box doesn't support the video format.

Code:
[* Generic (FLV/MP3) AVI]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
VTag=FLV
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts br=%abrate%
lavcopts=vcodec=flv
moac=mp3lame
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000

Last edited:
Yeah - I echo profcolli here :)

Mencoder (which is the utility that CD-M uses to do the encoding) will encode your source to Sorenson H.263 video (according to Wikipedia, the format used in Flash video - FLV - although Flash 8+ apparently supports H264 video) and mp3 audio (again according to Wikipedia, the format used in most Flash videos) but the question is what containers (AVI, MP4, etc) does your device support?

The following profile (modified DivX profile) will create an AVI file with a FLV video track and an mp3 audio track (identified by GSpot). Tried to modify it to create an MP4 but couldn't seem to get it to work :( Ended up with no ouput after CD-M runs mp4box. Tried it at the command line and it seems that mp4box doesn't support the video format.

Code:
[* Generic (FLV/MP3) AVI]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
VTag=FLV
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts br=%abrate%
lavcopts=vcodec=flv
moac=mp3lame
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000
[\code][/QUOTE]

What is, where is mencoder?

Sorry, should have explained myself a bit better. Mencoder is the utility that CloneDVD Mobile (CD-M) uses to encode a DVD into the format you require. You don't need to run it directly. I was just giving you a bit of background info :)

The profile I gave you is for CD-M. Have a look in the directory in which CD-M is installed (probably something like C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile). You should see a file called 'devices.ini'. If you open it in a text editor you should see other similar profiles for other devices. You can add the profile I gave you to the end of the file, save, and then restart CD-M.

It died

After apending the above code block I get this when using it (Version 1.2.0)

File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -ffourcc FLV -af volume=0 -aspect 4:3 -of avi -noodml -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=517:abitrate=128:threads=2 -audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts br=128 -vf pp=fd,scale=320:240,harddup -info name="The Story of Mona Vie" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "C:\Users\Ian\webdev\rgvmonavie.com\video\monaviastory-st-english.avi" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

Cannot get Console handle of stdout
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
[swscaler @ 00D0EEC4]720x480 -> 320x240
[flv @ 00D27560]multi threaded encoding not supported by codec
Could not open codec.
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.

Back