• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD request for features

rbenard

possible sticky thread?

Please make it possible in CloneDVD to disable the "automatically shut down the computer when done" option box. It is frustrating when the box is 'hit' on accident and your pc shuts down.

Don't rush a good thing.

possible sticky thread?

Please make it possible in CloneDVD to disable the "automatically shut down the computer when done" option box. It is frustrating when the box is 'hit' on accident and your pc shuts down.

As a long time user of CloneDVD 2, I can say honestly, I have never accidentally clicked the shut down the computer after done button. And I have backed up a lot of titles with CloneDVD 2. I just don't get in a hurry, and I watch very carefully what's going on. Frankly, I am unsure why that feature is even there, but I am sure Elby, the Swiss People that developed CloneDVD 2 have a reason for it being there. Maybe so you can start it and leave, after it's done your PC shuts off?

screensaver

Also, a feature to disable the computers screensaver would be nice to!

Just sayin', cause I have had a couple programs that had it! Just a request! Don't get me wrong I love Clonedvd2.

[COLOR="Purple" Maybe so you can start it and leave, after it's done your PC shuts off? [/COLOR]

Yes, that is exactly what it's for. This feature coupled with a batch conversion, would really be nice, but probably not something we will see, because of the speed of transcoding. It's a nice feature with a program that takes a conciderable amount of time to produce an output file. (ie: DVD RB, or DVD Shrink/Recode2 set for deep analysis or best quality

I might add, that this feature is most likely a hold over from not long ago, when pc's were conciderably slower than those of today.

How about a simple line to "insert disc 2" when splitting to 2 discs?

How about a simple line to "insert disc 2" when splitting to 2 discs?

The pop up tells you if you were successful on disk 1. From there you need to go back and select the material for the second disk. Why would you need to be told to insert disk 2?

The pop up tells you if you were successful on disk 1. From there you need to go back and select the material for the second disk. Why would you need to be told to insert disk 2?

No silly, "I mean insert disc 2" at the end of the first disc played in the dvd player instead of the disc just running out to a black screen.:)

More than one movie on a disc!

I think it would be nice to put all the Austin Powers or all three Scream movies on 1 disc. That would be a good feature.

Is there a way to do it now maybe?? :confused:

I think it would be nice to put all the Austin Powers or all three Scream movies on 1 disc. That would be a good feature.

Is there a way to do it now maybe?? :confused:
Even if CloneDVD would could do this, 3 movies on a disk (even a DL) would take a conciderable amount of compression. The quality wouldn't be very good.

For a previous post on requested improvements for CloneDVD2 see;

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=233&highlight=clonedvd2+improvements

I second the suggestion by the OP to make a 'sticky' on this subject and merge any threads so that all suggestions are listed. Hopefully that would cut down on the number of various requests and any new requests could be posted in this 'sticky'. Don't expact that all suggestions will be implemented but hopefully most will eventually be.

I don't know for sure but think that Slysoft now 'owns' CloneDVD2 (including source code). I believe it was owned by Elby. Just checked and saw that Elby still sells CloneDVD2 on their site so I could be wrong.

regards

Title Merge Feature

I would like to see CloneDvd offer a "merge" feature which allows you to merge two or more files on to a disc. For instance a TV episode from one file and an episode from another file. DvdFab Platinum just added this feature and it is very useful. Dvd Shrink has it too. :bowdown:

Back