• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Saw IV Problems

Enforcer

I have the latest greatest AnyDVD Beta installed, and I am trying to rip it to my hard disk. It will get to 49% and completely freeze up. I had to do a hard shut down three times now, and it still will not get past 49%. Webslinger, please help.

Download Nero CD/DVD Speed and see if there is any bad sectors on the DVD.

I have the latest greatest AnyDVD Beta installed, and I am trying to rip it to my hard disk.

Using what method?

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

There could be bad sectors on a brand new DVD?

Yeah, bad original discs are becoming more common, but I'm not sure what method you're using to rip, and you haven't uploaded an Anydvd .zip file yet. So it's difficult for me to say whether you have a bad original disc.

49% could be right around the layer break position.

Last edited:
Using what method?

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

I attempted to rip the dvd to my hard drive via AnyDvd, and it stopped at 49%. Here is my log file. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_Saw_IV.zip
    262.8 KB · Views: 4
I attempted to rip the dvd to my hard drive via AnyDvd, and it stopped at 49%. Here is my log file. Thanks for your help.

I told you to do this before, and you still haven't . . .

You have Roxio's Drag-to-Disc packet writing software on your system, which may cause conflicts with Anydvd, Clonedvd, and other software. If you require drag and drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable. You don't need to remove the entire Roxio suite, but you do need to get rid of drag-to-disc.

Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 7.1.0.188 (7.1.0.188)
Company: Roxio
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2004 Roxio, Inc.
Description: CDRAL for Windows 2000 Kernel Driver
FileVersion: 7.1.0.188
ProductVersion: 7.1.0.188

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version: 7.1.0.188 (7.1.0.188)
Company: Roxio
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2004 Roxio, Inc.
Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Burning Helper Driver
FileVersion: 7.1.0.188
ProductVersion: 7.1.0.188

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Cdr4_xp". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". . Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that the programs that installed those filters will no longer function properly.

And it's possible your QSI SDW-082 needs a firmware update (or might be slowly dying).

Last edited:
I told you to do this before, and you still haven't . . .

You have Roxio's Drag-to-Disc packet writing software on your system, which may cause conflicts with Anydvd, Clonedvd, and other software. If you require drag and drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable. You don't need to remove the entire Roxio suite, but you do need to get rid of drag-to-disc.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Cdr4_xp". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". . Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind that the programs that installed those filters will no longer function properly.

And it's possible your QSI SDW-082 needs a firmware update (or is possibly slowly dying).

I did not want to lose using my Nero software by doing that. If removing those filters will allow me to still use it, then I will. I am very apprehensive in doing that, because I am worried I will screw something up on my computer. I have had no issues with the AnyDvd since we last discussed this type of problem. You mention dvd-ram. How do I do that? If it is a firmware issue, how would I check for an update? Thanks for everything.

I did not want to lose using my Nero software by doing that.

That's not Nero. That's Roxio.

If removing those filters will allow me to still use it, then I will.

You won't be able to use Roxio's Drag-to-disc.

I am very apprehensive in doing that, because I am worried I will screw something up on my computer.

There's no problem if you backup your registry first: a) Click (windows) Start-->run-->type "regedit" (no quotation marks)-->hit enter
b) File-->export-->Select "Export Range all"-->choose a filename and a location-->click "save"

If it is a firmware issue, how would I check for an update? Thanks for everything.

Check the drive manufacturer's website (or check with your laptop company's website).

Ok. As far as I know, I do not use Roxio. Keep in mind I am a newbie. I use Nero exclusively for burning Music and Movies (unless I use CloneDvd2). Is Roxio something that may have come loaded on the computer when I bought it? Or is it something that works with Nero? Thanks again.

I just checked my loaded programs. I removed PowerDvd, because I never use it. That is the only program that I saw, that might use drag to drop. Is there a way I can check to see if it is removed now?

I just checked my loaded programs. I removed PowerDvd, because I never use it. That is the only program that I saw, that might use drag to drop. Is there a way I can check to see if it is removed now?

Why did you remove Powerdvd? Powerdvd isn't a problem. 90% of the people in the Anydvd HD forum use Powerdvd. Powerdvd has nothing to do with packet writing software.

If you didn't do as I wrote, then you haven't resolved the problem. Roxio's Drag to disc filters need to go.

Packet writing software allows you to drag and drop files to a blank dvd as you would to a floppy disc. Instead you should use Nero Burning Rom and simply burn.

Last edited:
I have never used Power DVD, so I didn't see any harm in removing it. I hope that is still the case. I am going to remove drag to disk right now. I hope that solves my problem.

Alright. I knew I would screw something up. Now I can not play DVD's on my computer. I use Media Center for my movies. So, I think the packets I removed caused my Media Center to not work anymore.

Alright. I knew I would screw something up. Now I can not play DVD's on my computer. I use Media Center for my movies. So, I think the packets I removed caused my Media Center to not work anymore.

You use Powerdvd to watch movies on your computer. Powerdvd is movie playback software. I never told you to uninstall Powerdvd.

I know. I am not blaming anyone but myself. Is Power DVD a free ware? I dont think I have a copy of it anywhere.

A system restore should do the trick. What do you think?

Back