• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't get rid of **** desktop image

CyberCrone

I downloaded AnyDVD and CloneDVD at the same time. One of them, I can't remember which or if it was both, asked me if I wanted to install a desktop image and I answered no, but it installed it anyway. I hate it, it's ugly, and no matter how many times I delete it in the Control Panel/Display section, it keeps coming back, like a **** virus. I have gone so far as to uninstall both programs, deleted the image in Display again, and restarted my computer AND IT'S STILL THERE. I'm furious! How do I get rid of this thing? Has anyone else had this same experience?

I don't really understand what is being referred to. A screenshot would help so we can see what is meant.

Any shortcuts that are created upon installation should also be removed when the software is uninstalled. Beyond that I don't understand what a "desktop image" is or why it won't go away.

I remember back when I used anydvd before I owned it that if a aleration was used to bypass the 21 days and you uninstalled it it would leave this but it has been a while on that.

I don't really understand what is being referred to. A screenshot would help so we can see what is meant.

Any shortcuts that are created upon installation should also be removed when the software is uninstalled. Beyond that I don't understand what a "desktop image" is or why it won't go away.

Y'know, I am now very muddled. As soon as I posted my message I thought I should reinstall both programs so I could give a clearer description of the process, so I did...and no such offer to install the image at all! So I looked in the folder where I save all the downloaded software install programs and I could not find anything there that I recognize as the source of this image--which, since you ask, is like a screen saver but it doesn't fill the whole screen. It's a huge compass like thing in mostly browns. But I now doubt my own memory about this and withdraw my complaint. If I can find out what installed it I am in a mood to BLAST publishers for it; but it now looks like it was NOT SlySoft. Thanks for taking the time to respond, people.

I remember back when I used anydvd before I owned it that if a aleration was used to bypass the 21 days and you uninstalled it it would leave this but it has been a while on that.

No indeed; I am still four days away from expiration. I don't do that stuff.

I recommend purchasing the Slysoft programs...they pay for themselves very quickly.

Your screensaver problem sounds a lot like the Mechanical Clock screen saver made by another company. My buddy has it, but I think it's ugly.

I recommend purchasing the Slysoft programs...they pay for themselves very quickly. Your screensaver problem sounds a lot like the Mechanical Clock screen saver made by another company. My buddy has it, but I think it's ugly. .

Before I buy the Slysoft programs, I have to use them successfully, and haven't had the time to do that yet; been out of town. I better hurry if I want to prove they work well on my setup before the trial runs out!

Tonight I had time but got distracted by trying to get rid of the accursed ugly mechanical clock--sounds like it might be the one your buddy has. I uninstalled everything I've installed over the last three weeks and it still persisted--it INFURIATES me.

So the solution was to use System Restore and choose a restore point three weeks back. Gone at last--whew! What has made me so irritable is that whatever company offered it--I do remember this much--it was supposed to be an option, and I turned it down, and it installed it anyway. And it is RANK that you can't get rid of it. If I eventually remember which company it was, they are going to get an earful.

I could not find anything there that I recognize as the source of this image--which, since you ask, is like a screen saver but it doesn't fill the whole screen. It's a huge compass like thing in mostly browns. But I now doubt my own memory about this and withdraw my complaint. If I can find out what installed it I am in a mood to BLAST publishers for it; but it now looks like it was NOT SlySoft. Thanks for taking the time to respond, people.

All I can say is that was definitely not installed by any Slysoft products and I can fully understand your irritation.

So the solution was to use System Restore and choose a restore point three weeks back. Gone at last--whew! What has made me so irritable is that whatever company offered it--I do remember this much--it was supposed to be an option, and I turned it down, and it installed it anyway. And it is RANK that you can't get rid of it. If I eventually remember which company it was, they are going to get an earful.

I'm glad you got it sorted out.

I highly recommend the Slysoft products. Just don't let that trial go to waste!

I did the 21 day trial and when it was over, I gladly paid for AnyDVD and CloneDVD...best bang for your buck in the software world IMHO. Never regretted buying it for a second. Pays for it sell, yes indeed.

They had me on day 2 of the trial version. It also helped that their coupon deal was about to expire.

Back