• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD to iPhone

vincent09

I got Problems converting my movies to my iPhone.

Some of my movies are only showing a blank white screen after converting with CloneDVDmobile but i can hear the sound...is that problem known?

vincent

I have the same problem on some of them, I wish there was a solution, does anyone know?

I got Problems converting my movies to my iPhone.

Some of my movies are only showing a blank white screen after converting with CloneDVDmobile but i can hear the sound...is that problem known?

vincent

Do you have any additional information to narrow down the possible cause?
Like: any common property in the group of non-functioning movies (all 4:3 or all 16:9 or all PAL/all NTSC, ...)
Any difference whether you convert with high quality/low quality?
When encoding different chapters from the same movie: do some work, others not?

Really this is a season of a tv show, there are 5 per disc, the first one I did worked, now none of them work, I believe that I am doing all of the same settings, I don't know what else to try, I am using a quality of 17 with deinterlace 1 pass and the resolution I can't change, I hope we can figure this out. thanks, I have searched the forum and there are other people with the same problem, I searched white or blank screen. these are all people who have a white screen but can still hear the sound.

Last edited:
Hi wabash10,

We assume you decrypt the DVDs directly with AnyDVD 6.3.0.6. and use the appropriate profile in CloneDVDmobile (iphone AVC).

"I believe that I am doing all of the same settings" - how about trying the default settings?
Commercial DVD movies don't have to be deinterlaced. Please try the default settings, e.g. default quality level without deinterlacing first.

Chris

...Commercial DVD movies don't have to be deinterlaced...
Chris, can you explain why commercial DVD movies don't have to be deinterlaced? Something has to do the deinterlacing, and I doubt the player (iPhone, Zen, whatever) does that, or am I misunderstanding something here.

Thanks ... Mike

I will try that, when I see the white screen it isn't on the iphone, I check it in itunes first and that is where I see the white screen, I don't think it would be different in the iphone vs itunes right? I am suppose to choose the Video_TS right? also this is a season of a tv show, I am splitting the "chapters" episodes into seperate files.

Last edited:
Okay on the IPhone it works but I can not watch it in itunes, What software would i use if I wanted to watch it in itunes? I would like to do this, I know that I will need two files the iphone ones and the itunes ones, should I use clonedvd or clonedvd mobile for this? Also on the iphone the little preview box that shows you a screenshot from the video is white. thanks

Having a similar issue. As soon as I drag and drop a converted movie into iTunes to sync with the iPod touch 16gb it is a white screen.

Hi wabash10,

We assume you decrypt the DVDs directly with AnyDVD 6.3.0.6. and use the appropriate profile in CloneDVDmobile (iphone AVC).

"I believe that I am doing all of the same settings" - how about trying the default settings?
Commercial DVD movies don't have to be deinterlaced. Please try the default settings, e.g. default quality level without deinterlacing first.

Chris
Wabash10 was talking specifically about a DVD of TV shows, so he SHOULD be checking the Deinterlace option should he not? This is Video-based material. Or am I completely misunderstanding the help text for this item?

It works on the phone but how do I watch it in itunes?
If it works on the phone then CloneDVDMobile has done its job.

How iTunes handles the video overlay is another matter altogether. If you want to preview the file, try playing it in the standalone Quicktime player and see if it plays properly. If it does, then it is an iTunes problem. If it still shows a white screen in the standalone player, go here:
http://malektips.com/quicktime_windows_0008.html
and follow their instructions (Changing the video settings in quicktime to “safe mode”).

Edit: you are using the latest version of iTunes, of course?

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
safe mode didn't work, I don't know what the problem is, I am using the most recent itunes, I currently have the clonedvd and anydvd also, could I use these softwares to create an Itunes compatible file? I also don't know if another format in clonedvdmobile would work like selecting ipod video instead.

safe mode didn't work, I don't know what the problem is, I am using the most recent itunes, I currently have the clonedvd and anydvd also, could I use these softwares to create an Itunes compatible file? I also don't know if another format in clonedvdmobile would work like selecting ipod video instead.
As I wrote before, if it plays on your phone then CloneDVDMobile has done its job. Using another iPod profile probably won't fix your white screen problem (but you can always try that).

Have you tried to play the file created by CloneDVDMobile in iTunes on another system? If it works you have a problem in your particular environment. Did you install latest graphics drivers?

CloneDVDMobile is a version of CloneDVD specifically for creating PMP files - CloneDVD does not do that. AnyDVD just removes the copy protection (for both).

okay, neither computer will play the file in itunes, I don't know if another ipod type would work. I know it has done it's job but it would shure be nice if I could kill two birds with one stone.

okay, neither computer will play the file in itunes, I don't know if another ipod type would work. I know it has done it's job but it would shure be nice if I could kill two birds with one stone.
Well, iTunes (Quicktime) has known problems based on the PC environment. Why you need to watch it in iTunes sort of stumps me. If you want to watch it on your PC - use the original DVD.

If you can watch the file in your player then you are at home base compared to many of us who need to do a further conversion step or can't get it to work in the player at all. :(

it has a dvd player but I don't want to haul all of these dvds with me wherever I go. I don't even know what a codec is.
thanks

Back