• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and DVD-RAM. What's the problem?

raffaella

This compatibility issue between AnyDVD and DVD-RAM is not clear to me. Here’s my situation:

As I have only a Pentium IV 3.4GHz pc with a Plextor PX-760A burner, I was waiting to purchase a Sony VGN-CR240EB (NB) laptop to load the trial version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. The Sony has a speedier Core 2 Duo chip and a burner that burns DVD-RAM discs.

My plan was to rip DVD-videos containing 25 minute TV episodes and store them on 9.4GB double-sided DVD-RAM discs. Those discs are playable on my standalone JVC XV-NA70BK player.

Why should using DVD-RAM discs present any compatibility problem for AnyDVD? As Slysoft says, it’s merely a DVD copy guard ripper. Once AnyDVD rips off the protection from the commercial DVD, you then need to use something like CloneDVD (or other DVD burning software that supports DVD-RAM’s –VR record mode) to burn the unprotected DVD movie-or the particular TV episode (s) you wish to copy. Correct?

Please advise.

1. Welcome to the forums. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully please

2. Concerning the thread you originally posted in (which has nothing to do with what you're writing about), it's not a problem with dvd-ram. It's a problem with Matshita drives.
Matshita (Panasonic oem) burners should really be avoided. They are cheap junk (which is probably why some laptop companies love these drives), die easily, and also suffer from region coding issues. Click this

Essentially, you posted in the wrong thread.

3. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.4 for the dvd-vr format. Don't have Anydvd running. See if that helps. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=81170&postcount=1

Last edited:
raffaella said:
.....Once AnyDVD rips off the protection from the commercial DVD, you then need to use something like CloneDVD (or other DVD burning software that supports DVD-RAM’s –VR record mode) to burn the unprotected DVD movie-or the particular TV episode (s) you wish to copy.....
@ raffaella,

Welcome to the Forum.

The CloneDVD software program does not support the DVD-VR (Video Recording) format. The CloneDVD software program only supports the Commercial DVD Movie format which is the DVD-V (Video) format.

Regards,
Coaster

The CloneDVD software program does not support the DVD-VR (Video Recording) format.

Officially, Clonedvd does not support dvd-vr. Unofficially, Clonedvd has supported dvd-vr since Clonedvd 2.9.1.3 (but don't use that beta; its' buggy. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.4): click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=12100. Clonedvd does not require Anydvd to be running when using dvd-vr discs.

Likewise Anydvd does not officially support dvd-vr, but it will provided the A.I. scanner is forced on/enabled (which isn't recommended for normal usage) in Anydvd 6.3.0.9

This is a relatively new change.

Last edited:
raffaella,

CloneCD will copy DVD-RAM disc.

1Click could not read the DVD-Ram disc
CloneDVD either but, CloneCD will.
Try that :)
here is the info of a DVD-RAM disc:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.9)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N JL10 030223061DE5FF4713
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-ram (version 6), Layers: 1
Total size: 2236704 sectors (4368 MBytes)

You wrote in the other thread that Clonedvd will if Anydvd is disabled. :confused:

DVD-RAM is a completly different format but, for some reason it copies fine in CloneCD... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This DVD-RAM disc came from Panasonic a DVD Recorder that supports DVD-RAM discs. AnyDVD is not required at all to copy with CloneCD because AnyDVD does not support DVD-RAM discs. AFAIK.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Webslinger,

Thank you for educating me concerning the DVD-VR processing functions incorporated in CloneDVD version 2.9.1.4/AnyDVD version 6.3.0.9.

I have to file that information in my cerebral data bank.

Regards,
Coaster

DVD-RAM is a completly different format

No. Dvd-ram can also use be FAT formatted or use a UDF file format.

But anyway the OP was talking about dvd-vr being recorded onto dvd-ram discs. And you stated dvd-vr worked fine in Clonedvd (the latest beta) without Anydvd running.

Last edited:
Back