• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumb Question of the Hour Time

jim1812

Ok guys I have the stupid question of the hour for anyone. I have AnyDVD ver 6.3.0.3, My wife and I ard thinking about purchasing a bluray player. Does this mean that I will have to upgrade my AnyDVD to AnyDVD HD? Also, how about my CloneDVD program ... same?
thanks, Jim

Ok guys I have the stupid question of the hour for anyone. I have AnyDVD ver 6.3.0.3, My wife and I ard thinking about purchasing a bluray player. Does this mean that I will have to upgrade my AnyDVD to AnyDVD HD? Also, how about my CloneDVD program ... same?
thanks, Jim

Yes, to use AnyDVD to help remove protections and annoyances specific to HD-DVD and Blu-Ray you will need to upgrade to AnyDVD HD.

You will also require a blu-ray drive for your computer. Clonedvd does not currenlty handle Blu-ray discs nor HD-DVDs.

Thanks to both you guys, it is appreciated. If I understand you guys correctly (you have to understand that (1) I am an old man of 63 and (2) retired Navy ... 2 strikes already! lol) I will need to purchase AnyDVD HD ... no problem. I have a Toshiba HD DVD player hooked up to my HD LCD TV so I can play the discs (well ok not the bluray). But I will have to purchase a bluray burner for my computer? Anything else I should get while I am trying to talk my wife into it? rofl. Thanks guys. Jim

Oops!

What pgm do you recommend to burn the discs? Nero or what?

Thanks to both you guys, it is appreciated. If I understand you guys correctly (you have to understand that (1) I am an old man of 63 and (2) retired Navy ... 2 strikes already! lol) I will need to purchase AnyDVD HD ... no problem. I have a Toshiba HD DVD player hooked up to my HD LCD TV so I can play the discs (well ok not the bluray). But I will have to purchase a bluray burner for my computer? Anything else I should get while I am trying to talk my wife into it? rofl. Thanks guys. Jim

What pgm do you recommend to burn the discs? Nero or what?

I'm not an expert in this department. I'll let someone with more experience answer.

But I will have to purchase a bluray burner for my computer?

You will need blu-ray burner if you want to burn BD-Rs or BD-RE, yes. If you want to burn HD DVD-Rs, then you will need an HD-DVD burner (which may not be easy to find unless you have a laptop). Some people do use Nero 8 Ultra (North American version). But burning that stuff tends to be very costly.

If you want to simply play or rip HD-DVDs or Blu-rays, then you will probably want to look at the LG GGC-H20L drive. You will also need a decent graphics card and playback software (Powerdvd Ultra is probably what most use on the forums; and you need very specific versions of Powerdvd Ultra to play certain discs if you want to play the ripped files).

If you want to simply play or rip HD-DVDs or Blu-rays, then you will probably want to look at the LG GGC-H20L drive. You will also need a decent graphics card and playback software (Powerdvd Ultra is probably what most use on the forums; and you need very specific versions of Powerdvd Ultra to play certain discs if you want to play the ripped files).

The OEM version also comes with the drive.

Back