• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD DVD setting for PDVD HDD playback

hlkc

I have been ripping BD movies to my HDD and play from same HDD perfectly fine. I just got one of those LG combo HD DVD/BD drive and still able to do the same, BD ripped and play from PDVD only, but not HD DVD. When I played HD DVD, PDVD will just disappear... I am thinking it might be the HD DVD setting of my AnyDVD is not correct. I am sure someone here successfully ripped their HD DVD to their HDD and play fine from their PDVD 3319a. If you are the lucky one and reading this post now, can you please share with me that which box you checked and unchecked in your HD DVD setting in your AnyDVD icon?

Or if you have some ideas other than the AnyDVD setting I can try, I really appreciated.

AnyDVD 6.3.0.3
PowerDVD 3519a

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Anyone? I spent all day and tried to use AnyDVD to rip the HD DVD, Latest Harry Potter, to HDD and play from PDVD 3319a and PDVD just disappear as soon as I hit play. On the other hand, BD ripped to HDD using AnyDVD and play back using PDVD is fine. Any idea why? FYI I used to have Sony BD player before switch to the new LG combo HD DVD/BD player.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like your PowerDVD installation is hosed to me. Can you play HD DVD's in it from disc with AnyDVD running? Have you tried ripping an ISO image of your disc, mounting it, and playing it back? I'd also consider reinstalling your version of PowerDVD.

P.S. Get the beta 6.3.0.9 of AnyDVD.

Sounds like your PowerDVD installation is hosed to me. Can you play HD DVD's in it from disc with AnyDVD running? Have you tried ripping an ISO image of your disc, mounting it, and playing it back? I'd also consider reinstalling your version of PowerDVD.

P.S. Get the beta 6.3.0.9 of AnyDVD.

Thanks for your reply. I never able to play any disc on the player before from BD to HD-DVD. But I don't care, my goal is to rip the discs and wacth it from my HDD when I have time. But as I mentioned I have no problem to do that on BD but just can't do it on HD DVD. As soon as I hit play on a HD DVD folder from PDVD, PDVD just disappear. I installed numerous times on few different version like 3319a and latest 3516 and they all are the same - BD fine but not HD DVD... Even tried to put the 3319a files to 3516 to make it latest PDVD and able to play from HDD BUT still can't play HD DVD only BD! One thing I have to mentioned that is I used to have a Sony BD drive prior I swap it is using LG combo drive now. But I checked it is using the latest LG driver... maybe something else in the system is acting up :mad:

Please help if you have any idea for me to go forward since I tried all I can think of already.

Thanks.

I'm not sure I follow why you can't play from the disc directly for either BD or HD DVD. If it's the same LG drive I have, you should have no problems. My advice is to try this:

-Disable AnyDVD
-Insert the HD DVD you're trying to rip
-Open ImgBurn and select read mode
-Read the image to the hard drive and remove the disc
-Enable AnyDVD
-Mount new image with Daemon Tools
-Attempt playback in PowerDVD

If this doesn't work, you have far bigger problems to sort out on your system than I'll be able to help you with. I'm able to play from disc or image any of my movies.

I'm not sure I follow why you can't play from the disc directly for either BD or HD DVD. If it's the same LG drive I have, you should have no problems. My advice is to try this:

-Disable AnyDVD
-Insert the HD DVD you're trying to rip
-Open ImgBurn and select read mode
-Read the image to the hard drive and remove the disc
-Enable AnyDVD
-Mount new image with Daemon Tools
-Attempt playback in PowerDVD

If this doesn't work, you have far bigger problems to sort out on your system than I'll be able to help you with. I'm able to play from disc or image any of my movies.

Thanks for your help. Will try that now. One thing I never done is "Mount new image with Daemon Tools" What is that mean? I see that everywhere but never know what that means. Can you explain to me how to do that?

Thanks again!

You need to install Daemon Tools.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

Download it from one of the mirrors listed there. Be VERY careful when you install it as it will try to install spyware unless you uncheck it. Unchecking it won't cause any problems.

After it's installed, just click on the icon and select your ISO image. Mission accomplished, you've now mounted your image. :)

just open instant burn and there is no where I cna see to choose read mode and when I hit next it tells me that "a supported disc is not inserted."...

Let me know how it goes.

Will do. Btw, when I inserted any BD or HD-DVD disc in the LG GGC-H20L combo drive, then I hit play from PDVD via this LG drive, PDVD will either crash or disappear. All I am using this drive is read the HD-DVD and BD to the HDD. But right now, I can only play BD but not HD-DVD. Hope I can play HD-DVD soon.

Thanks.

Will do. Btw, when I inserted any BD or HD-DVD disc in the LG GGC-H20L combo drive, then I hit play from PDVD via this LG drive, PDVD will either crash or disappear. All I am using this drive is read the HD-DVD and BD to the HDD. But right now, I can only play BD but not HD-DVD. Hope I can play HD-DVD soon.

Thanks.

SERIOUSLY, you have bigger problems if that's the case. It shouldn't just "disappear". That means it crashed. This image thing, it ain't going to fix that problem. You need to figure out what's going on with PowerDVD first.

SERIOUSLY, you have bigger problems if that's the case. It shouldn't just "disappear". That means it crashed. This image thing, it ain't going to fix that problem. You need to figure out what's going on with PowerDVD first.

I think so too. May I ask are you using the same method to play HD DVD and BD? For example, if you play the HD-DVD or BD from HDD, are you just select the folder and hit play? I can only do that in BD not HD-DVD now. As soon as I hit play the HD-DVD folder, PDVD will just disappear/crash. One thing I don't get it, why just HD-DVD not both? Once again, I can do BD perfect and watch a BD, Sunshine, this afternoon perfect.

Do you think because I used to have a Sony BD drive before this LG drive. Do you think there is some setting left over from PDVD belong to that Sony BD drive prohibited me to play BD? I did completely removed all I can think of even use MS clean up tools to make sure there is nothing left for the PDVD I installed before I re-installed the PDVD 3319a I am using now.

Any thing you can think of I can try in PDVD I really appreciated. Btw, I wrote to PDVD and they are not responding yet :mad:

Cyberlink support is notoriously....lacking. So I'm not surprrised there.

-Uninstall PowerDVD
-Reboot the machine
-Open Regedit and check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software keys for a Cyberlink folder. Delete it if you find them
-Run CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com) and use the registry clean option. Have it fix any problems found
-Reboot again
-Reinstall PowerDVD

At this point with or without AnyDVD running you should be able to play both HD DVD and BD from disc without PowerDVD disappearing. If that's not the case, you have serious system problems that I'm not going to be able to assist you with.

Cyberlink support is notoriously....lacking. So I'm not surprrised there.

-Uninstall PowerDVD
-Reboot the machine
-Open Regedit and check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software keys for a Cyberlink folder. Delete it if you find them
-Run CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com) and use the registry clean option. Have it fix any problems found
-Reboot again
-Reinstall PowerDVD

At this point with or without AnyDVD running you should be able to play both HD DVD and BD from disc without PowerDVD disappearing. If that's not the case, you have serious system problems that I'm not going to be able to assist you with.

I sure did not do what you described above. I only did the remove and MS cleaning. Will stop mounting now and do this instead.

Btw, I have a key from PDVD for Sony BD player. Do you think the key I have will disable HD-DVD playing in PDVD?

I sure did not do what you described above. I only did the remove and MS cleaning. Will stop mounting now and do this instead.

Btw, I have a key from PDVD for Sony BD player. Do you think the key I have will disable HD-DVD playing in PDVD?

Yes, this is definitely bad!! The Sony OEM version probably only supports BD!!! Use the version that came with the LG drive. However, this will not give you HD audio in more than stereo. You may need to upgrade to the full version, however, try this for now. Forget everything I just told you to do as I thought you were already using the LG version. Just uninstall it, and reinstall using the LG version.

Yes, this is definitely bad!! The Sony OEM version probably only supports BD!!! Use the version that came with the LG drive. However, this will not give you HD audio in more than stereo. You may need to upgrade to the full version, however, try this for now. Forget everything I just told you to do as I thought you were already using the LG version. Just uninstall it, and reinstall using the LG version.

Oh my... No after I did exactly what you stated above and I even take my time to remove all Sony BD and any BD word in the registry one by one and still acting exactly the same. No problem playing BD from HDD but can't play any disc from drive directly and HD-DVD from HDD... I know you might run all of ideas. If you have any left, please DO let me know and I sure want to try.

Many many thanks from bottom of the heart.

No, unfortunately I really do not have any clue at this point what could be wrong. Either Cyberlink support or someone else in this thread are going to have to help you I'm afraid. Good luck!! What a pain for you.

No, unfortunately I really do not have any clue at this point what could be wrong. Either Cyberlink support or someone else in this thread are going to have to help you I'm afraid. Good luck!! What a pain for you.

Thank you man. Really appreciated all your ideas.

Back