• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ArcSoft TotalMedia (English Version) Availability

Where's the Slysoft player James? ;) Looks like nobody else is gonna be able to knock one out of the park in this ballgame.

Everyone is being so negative. Look on the bright side, this should provide another source for decryption keys. :)

To everyone having issues, I'd say that since they've officially released the product, bombard their tech support with your problems. That should give us some indication of how willing they are to get them fixed.

I have read topics about how people were waiting for an english version. That raises the question on how long have they had a non english version. Does anyone know how long this software has been around? It seems that the core of the software that plays HD files and discs should have been around for a while. The english part is just an update on the user interface.

Since last summer IIRC. So yea, there really is no excuse for the sad shape this is in. I mean, ATI only support in Vista? Um, WHAT? No BD+ support? Excuse me? And the various other issues that people have found. Also, if you uninstall it, as I did on my laptop(never made it to my HTPC thank God), it doesn't remove everything. I'm NOT amused with this software at all. They did not make a good impression on me. Oh well.

Since last summer IIRC. So yea, there really is no excuse for the sad shape this is in. I mean, ATI only support in Vista? Um, WHAT? No BD+ support? Excuse me? And the various other issues that people have found. Also, if you uninstall it, as I did on my laptop(never made it to my HTPC thank God), it doesn't remove everything. I'm NOT amused with this software at all. They did not make a good impression on me. Oh well.

It's supposed to be that it only supports ATI cards in Vista. They supposedly support Nvidia in both XP and Vista 32. I say supposedly because I've had no luck getting it to work at all in Vista 32 with my 8800GT (169.02). I can't get a disk to start at all. Just hits my Xbox 360 drive for a moment and then stops. Nothing, nada, zip... I tried both King Kong and Riddick.

Definite no-go for me.

Last edited:
Considering I got the same set up on my HTPC (vista 32, 8800GT w/ 169.02) there's absolutely no point in even trying to run it there. Besides, I read about some supposed audio issues with it so even if it did work I'd not be happy with the audio output. They could have really stolen a lot of business away from Cyberlink had they released a solid product. And given the time frame that they've had to fix all these issues, I'm not hopeful that things are going to get better any time soon. I hope they prove me wrong, but, somehow I doubt it.

Yea, I don't know what the problem is with my setup. The only thing it will play is media files (tried some xvid avi's). Even a DVD I tried on my HD didn't work. Obviously an install problem of some sort. Missing/incompatible codec or something.

That's awesome. Here we have been waiting for MONTHS for this player to come out and blow us all away. We thought we could finally get rid of PowerDVD. HAHAHHAHA, yea, no. I'll stick to what (mostly) works. As much as I hate PowerDVD Ultra (I was a HUGE PowerDVD fan pre-7 days) it seems we're stuck with it for now. Not much we can do about it I suppose.

Works in my XP install though (which is actually what I use normally). I am on newer vid drivers there (169.21). I'll install the latest vid drivers in Vista tomorrow and see if that helps.

So they're not even fixing it to provide more than stereo sound (as was the case for the English trial I installed the other day)? Either I have a bad setup or they are insane.

(I'm using SPDIF output, currently just via onboard audio from an Intel motherboard.)

I was playing Ant Bully from BD files using TM and 5 minutes in the program crashed. I had to close it using Task Managers but even after that, sound kept coming out of my speakers and I had to reboot windows to stop it.

I tried to reproduce the problem with PDVD and it played with no problem.

One remark I have is:
- powerdvd has been out much longer, but it is far from bugfree.
- arcsoft have just released their player, they are about to get more user experience feedback for bugfixing now that their product has been released.

I see some people are being pretty hard on Arcsoft, considering that WinDVD has never even worked properly on many systems and Nero showtime with high def plugin doesn't cut it for many either: these products have already been out for some time now ...

Let's hope they are faster/better at fixing the outstanding issues than PowerDVD is + they won't strip features off like their competitor did under pressure of the industry.

Unfortunately, over the years PowerDVD has proven to me to be the better player on the market - atleast uptil now... Doesn't mean they could do a better job at actually fixing the bugs and improving on it. Maybe it's about time for somebody else to develop one that beats it in terms of features, reliability/stability... Slysoft? I see a big hole in the market you can take advantage of ;)

This software is not worth 1 cent.
As I already said some days ago, this is the worst piece of SW I ever had on my system. 2 virus alerts on startup, then BSOD and restart, without any possibility to find out what is wrong.

Why the hell did the idiots of Cyberlink ever removed the HD playback possibility.

I never thought that the day comes when I LIKE to use PDVD.

Slysoft, thats really no joke, u have the biggest chance of all to just make an all-inclusive HD-PLayer with AnyDVD HD included. That would be the absolute killer application.

god im glad i read this forum, i was about to invest my hard earned money in this application

One remark I have is:
- powerdvd has been out much longer, but it is far from bugfree.
- arcsoft have just released their player, they are about to get more user experience feedback for bugfixing now that their product has been released.

I see some people are being pretty hard on Arcsoft, considering that WinDVD has never even worked properly on many systems and Nero showtime with high def plugin doesn't cut it for many either: these products have already been out for some time now ...

Let's hope they are faster/better at fixing the outstanding issues than PowerDVD is + they won't strip features off like their competitor did under pressure of the industry.

Unfortunately, over the years PowerDVD has proven to me to be the better player on the market - atleast uptil now... Doesn't mean they could do a better job at actually fixing the bugs and improving on it. Maybe it's about time for somebody else to develop one that beats it in terms of features, reliability/stability... Slysoft? I see a big hole in the market you can take advantage of ;)

The criticism is deserved, IMO. They're releasing a product after months of delays that is STILL buggy and incomplete. It's not like their internal testers couldn't figure this out. I mean they say right on the page "does not work with anything but ATI in Vista". GREAT! There goes a large portion of your market right there. I'm sure there's a TON of people still on XP, yes, but, there's quite a few of us that like Vista for various reasons. The inability to play BD+ titles...come on, seriously?! BD+ has been around since October for crying out loud. The sound problems that are being reported are also ridiculous. So yea, we're being hard on them. But they're trying to sell us a product that costs almost as much as their competitor. If they want the sale, they have to be at least as good as but probably better. At this point, they're not even close. And again, this after months of delays. I don't hold out much hope of a "quick" bug fix to all these problems.

I do agree that it leaves the market open for yet another player to come in and take it all. PowerDVD is working on version 8 supposedly. Will it fix all the current issues? Who knows. I do know that people in the cyberlink forum are waiting for profile 1.1 fixes. Given my experience with Resident Evil Extinction last night, I can see why.

Is it too much to ask for a player that simply works?

This software is not worth 1 cent.
As I already said some days ago, this is the worst piece of SW I ever had on my system. 2 virus alerts on startup, then BSOD and restart, without any possibility to find out what is wrong.

Why the hell did the idiots of Cyberlink ever removed the HD playback possibility.

I never thought that the day comes when I LIKE to use PDVD.

Slysoft, thats really no joke, u have the biggest chance of all to just make an all-inclusive HD-PLayer with AnyDVD HD included. That would be the absolute killer application.

And I gave you a hard time for those comments because I THOUGHT this was some kind of beta that they let slip by mistake. It's unbelievable that this is the final release that they want people to pay for. It has potential, I'll give them that, but, honestly, if it doesn't get fixed soon, yea, good luck selling it.

I mean they say right on the page "does not work with anything but ATI in Vista". GREAT! There goes a large portion of your market right there.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=12855990&postcount=588

Also, somebody re-installed Vista and fixed what sounds like the same problem I have (with it not playing at all).

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=12872849&postcount=692

I watched Pitch Black all the way through in XP. It worked very well and didn't appear to have the black crush problem I've always had in PowerDVD. I was also able to turn off hardware accell.

That first link is interesting. That would explain James' problem with it. I'm still not sure I want to put this on my HTPC though. I have an 8800 GT in there so it'd work according to that post. I don't know...I want more people other than me to test it further. :D I'm certainly not reinstalling Vista on that machine. It was a pain to get set up correctly in the first place. Now that I've finally got it working well I ain't touching it. Anyway, thanks for the links. Very enlightening.

did I point out that they have the analogue outputs for the centre and right speakers reversed, so it's useless for 5:1 and 7:1 sound.

Back