• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD DVD Skipping & Freezing

marcshank

Dell XPS 410 2.9g 4G
Dell 2407WFP Ultrasharp (HDCP non-compliant)
ATI Radion 1650
CyberLink Ultra
AnyDVD HD 6.3.03
LG DVD Burner/Blu-ray/HD Reader Model GGC-H20L

Bought AnytimeDVD HD strictly because the Dell monitor, which was listed as HDCP compliant, is not. The unit plays Bluray fine, but skips and freezes with HD DVD. Can anyone help me with a solution? Most appreciated!

Marc Schenker

Last edited:
The unit plays Bluray fine, but skips and freezes with HD DVD.

1.With all HD-DVDs? Or just 1 disc?

2. Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.

3. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.9: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=80161&postcount=7

4. a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

4. Do what SamuriHL says here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=80161&postcount=7

5. What Powerdvd version are you using?

Last edited:
I'd also suggest checking the cpu usage when playing the Blu-ray discs and when playing the HD DVD's. What format is the main film encoded in on the Blu-rays you have? If they're mpeg2 then that could be why they play and the HD DVD has problems

Format

Thanks for your help. How do you determine the format on the disc -- is it in "information" on the AnyDVD screen?

No, it's not always easy to tell. If you use the Show Information feature of PowerDVD it will tell you when the main movie is playing.

Back