• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim DVD+R DL Made in India ones aren't so bad?

sorensen721

I've noted that Webslinger and others have been recommending Verbatim DVD+R DLs Made in Singapore, but its very hard (and expensive) to get them here so I've settled with Made in India ones, made by MoserBaer.

The result below doesn't look too bad. What do you think?
Writer: LG GSA-H22L at 2.4 speed
Drive used for the test: Pioneer 107D
DVDRDLIndiaPIPOTest.jpg

Would I get 'better' results if I use a different test drive, a BenQ or Liteon ones maybe?

I am not a scanning freak but I do think there is a chance for better results.

Scans are another "benchmark" type tool and I put very little faith in them.
I have no use for D/L media but the Singapore seem to be the most recommended.

Please tell me how I can scan my DVD Media..

I feel the same way about Memorex as well.

Quality Rating: 97.26% ain't bad...............

Please tell me how I can scan my DVD Media..

I feel the same way about Memorex as well.

Memorex is utter junk

And the Verbatim +R DL made in India aren't terrible, but on average are not as good as the ones made in Singapore.

By the way, I don't trust Pioneer drives for pi/po scans.

Webslinger where can the Verbatim Singapore dvd's be found? I have looked everywhere and can't find them. I can find Verbatim made in Taiwan but not Singapore. Also what is your take on the quality of Sony +R blank dvd's.

Webslinger where can the Verbatim Singapore dvd's be found?

They are harder to find in North America (and typically only on +R DLs).

I can find Verbatim made in Taiwan but not Singapore.

Those are single layer discs made either by Prodisc or CMC and sold under Verbatim's name (so they are held to higher standards than the CMC and Prodisc sold under other brand's labels).

Also what is your take on the quality of Sony +R blank dvd's.

About average (they aren't horrible in general, but they aren't in the same league as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim) . . .

DVD Blank Media

I have used all formats of DVD and the best I have have found is the Panasonic DVD-R with ty3 dye.

I have used all formats of DVD and the best I have have found is the Panasonic DVD-R with ty3 dye.

That blank media you're referring to is made in Japan, is actually made by Taiyo Yuden and is sold under Panasonic's label.

What does your comment have to do with +R DL blank media?

Last edited:
I have a question to Webslinger concerning "Verbatim DVD+R 8,5 GB Double Layer 240 min 2,4x":
Do you recommend burning at 2,4x or is it better to burn at 1x?

Thank you very much! ;)

I have a question to Webslinger concerning "Verbatim DVD+R 8,5 GB Double Layer 240 min 2,4x":
Do you recommend burning at 2,4x or is it better to burn at 1x?

Thank you very much! ;)

I don't recommend burning at 1x.

Honestly, it depends on the burner, and the burner's firmware. For MKM 001 generally 4x or 2.4x works well.

I don't recommend burning at 1x.

Honestly, it depends on the burner, and the burner's firmware. For MKM 001 generally 4x or 2.4x works well.

Burning at 4x although the medium is specified for max. 2,4? :confused:
Sorry, if I am off-posting again... ;)

(BTW: This Lite-On LH-20A1P drives me crazy...)

Burning at 4x although the medium is specified for max. 2,4? :confused:
Sorry, if I am off-posting again... ;)

(BTW: This Lite-On LH-20A1P drives me crazy...)

MKM 001 is rated "up to an 8x speed" on the label (if you look closely).

MKM 001 is rated "up to an 8x speed" on the label (if you look closely).

O.K. 8)

How much do you pay for Verbatim DVD+R 8,5 GB Double Layer?
I am asking this, because here it is expensive... :(
(Each about 2 Euro)

(Each about 2 Euro)

That seems pretty crazy. At the time when I bought mine they were on sale for approximately $1 U.S. per disc (and they were all made in Singapore). I don't live in the U.S. btw.

That seems pretty crazy. At the time when I bought mine they were on sale for approximately $1 U.S. per disc (and they were all made in Singapore). I don't live in the U.S. btw.

Unfortunately nobody in Europe is able to halt inflation... :(
But $1 U.S. for VERBATIM is a steal since I pay 1,30 Euro for INTENSO...

Verbatim D/L run about $2 per disc in the US. The best I have ever saw is about $1.75.

Cost

In the US at my local Sam's Club DVD+RDL Verbatims sell fo $69.95 + Tax for a spindle of 50.

Back