• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it says herehttp://www.engadgethd.com/2008/01/16/itunes-digital-copy-from-fox-dvd-goes-under-the-microscope/
there will be a digital copy of the movie on the disk that people can copy to their HDD. Of course it will have a form of DRM to it. However, does it mean when backing up the disk the DRM on the digital copy will also be removed or am I missing something?

Thanks for the clarification :bowdown:

I had heard of this before but I hadn't actually seen it done.

My thought on this is that AnyDVD & CloneDVD will likely completely ignore anything related to this since they just look for the DVD video.

Other than that I don't know what to say.

AnyDVD also removed AutoRun programs that come with some DVDs so maybe there is some hope. Also, considering that AnyDVD does decryption on the fly and the digital copy is there as a file (i assume) then would it not be a simple matter of drag and drop? I'm very curious about this.

i used anydvd ripper on this title, then encoded it with dvd rebuilder. i didnt have any kind of problems with DRM.

The Digital copy is on Disc 2

They put an MP4 version for iPods and a Fair Play laced DRM version in WMV.

There is some sort of serial # you have to enter that ties that copy to your itunes account or other.

From what I've been able to find out the DRM on the WMV version can be stripped using FairUse4WM. I guess it's a long shot to expect AnyDVD to take care of such DRM, but it is protected content on the disc and we all know what AnyDVD does...:D

EDIT: I think a lot of us can't use FairUse4WM because it doesn't work on Vista and updated XP machines :(

Last edited:
i used anydvd ripper on this title, then encoded it with dvd rebuilder. i didnt have any kind of problems with DRM.

O.k., so Anydvd doesn't have any problems with this disc. Thank you

O.k., so Anydvd doesn't have any problems with this disc. Thank you

Technically, it doesn't remove protection from all of the content on the disc, so I'm not sure if it's a problem or not. This also may become more of an issue if such "inclusions" will become a regular thing.

Technically, it doesn't remove protection from all of the content on the disc, so I'm not sure if it's a problem or not. This also may become more of an issue if such "inclusions" will become a regular thing.

AnyDVD was never designed to remove DRM from digital media like .WMV or .AAC files, so there is no problem. The .WMV and .MP4s are essentially data, and not protected DVD content.

AnyDVD was never designed to remove DRM from digital media like .WMV or .AAC files, so there is no problem. The .WMV and .MP4s are essentially data, and not protected DVD content.

A few things to say about that. First of all, if I am not mistaken then AnyDVD was designed to remove DRM from DVDs so if it does not take care of the digital copy then it's a bit of a problem. Ordinary .WMV and .MP4 files are data but DRM'ed .WMVs are protected and if they are on a DVD then they are protected DVD content, not to mention that everything on a DVD is data (except the carbon and label).

A few things to say about that. First of all, if I am not mistaken then AnyDVD was designed to remove DRM from DVDs so if it does not take care of the digital copy then it's a bit of a problem. Ordinary .WMV and .MP4 files are data but DRM'ed .WMVs are protected and if they are on a DVD then they are protected DVD content, not to mention that everything on a DVD is data (except the carbon and label).

As AnyDVD currently functions it only cares about decrypting the video content of the DVD. I am referring to the content from the VIDEO_TS folder. What does a DRM'ed file have to do with this? AnyDVD will not do anything to this file and any backup you rip won't contain the DRM'ed file.

Then I guess it makes it a little ironic to call the product AnyDVD because it isn't removing DRM from all the content on any DVD.

What's ironic is that this DRM stuff has been mentioned before either here or on cdfreaks and it was said that anydvd will not work at removing DRM content and has no plans on this either. So it does as advertise as it doesn't state it does this.

Then I guess it makes it a little ironic to call the product AnyDVD because it isn't removing DRM from all the content on any DVD.
ivanX, nowhere in any advertisment that is anywhere does it say that AnyDVD does this,(removes DRM) or ever did or ever will. You have recieved enough attention with thread, lets move on.:policeman: Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back