• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Are we that well off with AnyDVD HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone perturbed by the fact that we have to pay big bucks for AnyDVD HD to crack the restrictions of HD/BD? We used to pay NOTHING to crack SD DVD's restrictions with freewares like DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, DVD Genie, etc. Is it really that much harder to write software that cracks HD/BD than it was for SD discs? Does that mean the Hollywood studios are winning? Their schemes may be crackable, but they sure make life much harder for us. Sure, Slysoft can boast about breaking so-and-so restrictions that the studios said was unbreakable. But not everyone is going to pay 79 euro ($115 USD, the new higher price since 1/1/08) for AnyDVD HD to do it. If the restrictions get tougher and tougher to crack, Slysoft programmers will have to spend more resources and time, and the price for AnyDVD HD will get higher and higher. That's not winning the battle. For us to win, AnyDVD HD should be FREE. But it can't be free, because Slysoft needs to get paid to stay in business in order to keep updating AnyDVD HD. And the work must be tough, so that's why we're paying this ridiculously high price.

I agree, there is no need for AnyDVD HD. I'm still using my Betamax machine. :D

If anyone can find freeware for HD/BD+ then I say go and use it. However until HDDVD Decrypter and BD+ Shrinker are on the market I think it'll be a limited market for these products and I think slysoft is the best one going. Not only are their product second to none but their customer support is unparalled. I think its worth supporting Slysoft for their effort and continued support for thier products.
Side note: I think everybody needs to relax a minute and have patience while they work on the BD+.

This is just my .02

Your milage may vary.

-Waz

I agree it's a good product, but it's obviously a tough product to make and they're charging a big price for it, and possibly higher prices in the future. To me, that's just not winning the battle.

everybody were informed that slysoft got new prices at the beginning of the new year so you shouldn't wonder now that the software is to expensive.

anydvd(hd) is one of the best software products at the market that you can find..

if you dont like it.......dont buy it.........sit back and wait at least a year for something if anything that can come close what sly does. sly is doing what they need to.

everybody were informed that slysoft got new prices at the beginning of the new year so you shouldn't wonder now that the software is to expensive.

anydvd(hd) is one of the best software products at the market that you can find..
I used AnyDVD HD last year and the price was high to me even then. My concern is since HD/BD is likely to be a niche medium for now, very few have adopted it and even fewer play them on PCs. So AnyDVD HD must have very low sales and that contributes to the high price. Also, it can't be a freeware like DVD Genie or DVD Shrink, because it's probably not something that a freeware writer can write. The HD/BD restrictions are tougher to crack and require much more work which again leads to high price. My point is, to me, that's not winning the battle.

if you dont like it.......dont buy it.........sit back and wait at least a year for something if anything that can come close what sly does. sly is doing what they need to.

I used it, but didn't buy it because of the price, and soon, maybe you would do the same if the price becomes $150, $200, $300...

I really don't see the point here :confused:. It's not SlySoft who brings you AACS.

If you don't want to pay don't pay :)

I think 79 euro is a more than fair price, see if you can get the proper computer hardware for that amount.

Goodluck

no i wont becuase i purchased it long ago. it is now my precious.

The difference is I think $115 USD (and $49 USD last year) is too high, and you people don't. When the price becomes $150, $200, $250, etc, we'll see how "fair" you think it is.

At the time i probably would not have bought it being that much. however now after using it i would say i would buy it. its an investment. i have 1.5 and 3.5 year old sons who have destroyed many discs and would assume there is more to come. at 20-35 a pop for an HD movie that backup is very handy.

I don't quite understand your persistence on this topic.
If you aren't happy with Slysoft's product/price/whatever, go somewhere else.
I am extremely happy with the product. It works, and it comes with what is maybe the best and most responsive support in the industry. I also don't begrudge Slysoft their desire to stay in business by charging what appears to be a fair price, in a product area that has a constantly rising technical challenge.
Mike

The difference is I think $115 USD (and $49 USD last year) is too high, and you people don't. When the price becomes $150, $200, $250, etc, we'll see how "fair" you think it is.

I'm not questioning the greatness of this product. I'm just questioning if we're actually winning the battle. And I'm not going to buy a product from a company that is losing the battle. To me, a company has lost the battle if it means consumers have to pay such a high price. $115 must be an all time high for a product of this type. Slysoft needs to keep making money to fight this battle, meaning they need to keep getting new customers. They can't make money from existing customers like you. But good luck to them for finding new customers if they charge this kind of price, and for the media being a niche as it is. And if Slysoft can't make money, you lose, s'that simple. You people are happy about the product now, but for how long?

Yea, Slysoft's R&D work probably increased by 2x or more when they started HDM support, esp. with key changes every 3 months. (which BTW is probably coming again any day now if the AACS stays on schedule).

How long has HD DVD and BD been on the market?

How pervasive is the market penetration of HD DVD and BD (not HD DVD vs. BD but percentage of users overall) with respect to entertainment consumption?

Comparing relatively new formats such as HD DVD and BD to modern DVD backup,…..which BTW wasn’t on the seen as soon as DVDs were viable PC products, just isn’t putting things in perspective. Comparatively speaking you are lucky that there is ANY such solution as AnyDVD_(HD).

“winning the battle” as you put it is in part a point of view. I’m sure you would agree that it could be a lot worse,....such as no tools for “fair use” with respect to HD DVD / BD.

And if Slysoft can't make money, you lose, s'that simple.

And without Slysoft you require HDCP compliance, and there's no viable on the fly alternative (imo). So without Slysoft, everyone loses. With Slysoft, I'm not concerned about my HD-DVD movie purchases (even if HD-DVD goes under).

Your point about SD is noted. However, Shrink, R4me, dvd43, decrypter, etc, do not handle the number of different protections/discs that Anydvd does. The only other freeware alternative is dvdfab decrypter, and it does not offer nearly the same number of features as Anydvd does. Moreover, dvdfab decrypter does not decrypt on the fly; and there are a number of things dvdfab platinum doesn't even do as a decrypter that Anydvd does (including the fact that dvdfab doesn't help me when I want to play original discs on my system from other regions).

You signed up to Slysoft's own forums to complain about the price, and what you're doing here is tantamount to trolling. The switch to Euros was announced in late November (the U.S. dollar is weak currently; Slysoft appears to operate in Euros, so Slysoft has been losing money as a result of selling its products in U.S. dollars): http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=70051&postcount=1

You pay once for the features you want, and then the updates are free for life. Compare that with most other companies. Don't like the software? Then don't buy it. Simple

You've expressed your opinion. Many here do not agree with you. Arguments (back and forth) are pointless; this thread has run its course.

Thread closed. :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back