• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD+ Clarification

mry110

This BD+ playback "from the hard drive" has me very confused. One thing that would help keep things clear, would be to specify exactly what you mean when you say play back from the HDD (iso, folder, etc). That said could someone clarify this for me.

If you burn a BD+ iso to an HDD without AnyDVD turned on (if that is even possible), can you mount this and play it back using the latest version of PDVD on a HDCP enabled system?

Lots of confusion here. Ok, "from the hard drive" can mean either from a folder or in my case an ISO image stored on the hard drive that's mounted in Daemon Tools. However, in order to play from a folder on the hard drive, you need an older version of PowerDVD such as 3104 or 3319a. For playing BD+ you will need one of those versions, as well.

If you make an ISO of BD+ disc without AnyDVD running (perfectly possible), you will absolutely NEED AnyDVD running when you watch it as it can't be decrypted from an ISO without AnyDVD. So, you will need to make the image, mount it with AnyDVD running, and then play it using one of the aforementioned PowerDVD versions.

Lots of confusion here. Ok, "from the hard drive" can mean either from a folder or in my case an ISO image stored on the hard drive that's mounted in Daemon Tools. However, in order to play from a folder on the hard drive, you need an older version of PowerDVD such as 3104 or 3319a. For playing BD+ you will need one of those versions, as well.

If you make an ISO of BD+ disc without AnyDVD running (perfectly possible), you will absolutely NEED AnyDVD running when you watch it as it can't be decrypted from an ISO without AnyDVD. So, you will need to make the image, mount it with AnyDVD running, and then play it using one of the aforementioned PowerDVD versions.

Thank you that makes sense to me now. What is the difference to the computer if the dvd information comes from a psuedo drive (daemon tools) or an actually Blu-ray PC drive? Is it because the protected path is broken by the HDD?

Is there an update to AnyDVD coming soon which gets past the BD+?

Well, later versions of PowerDVD don't have the "open HD from folder" option any more. It's been removed. So I just make ISOs so that I don't have to worry about what version I'm using...except in the case of BD+. James has said a BD+ solution in AnyDVD HD is coming, but, there is no ETA on when that'll be out. So, for now there's not much we can do except to use an older version of PowerDVD to play those titles. Once a version of AnyDVD comes out that removes BD+, then we don't have to worry about which version of PowerDVD we use anymore as we can just load our ISOs into Daemon Tools and be done with it.

Samuri, good info -- is there any information in AnyDVD settings (right click on AnyDVD tray icon, Settings, Status) to indicate that this is a BD+ disk. I usually see 'AASC encryption removed', but I have not come across any BD+ disks yet since just went format neutral. If it is not displayed in AnyDVD, does anybody know if there is some sort of BD+ titles list maintained anywhere on forums ? Or should we just assume that title is BD+ based on studio ? Is it reasonable to assume that all Fox titles are BD+, what about Disney and others ?

Thanks for your help, Davie.

I'm pretty sure AnyDVD will detect the presense of BD+ and log it in the status window. Anything Fox has released since October 07 will have BD+ on it as far as I know. So, for instance, you'll see this in the status window:

Video Blu-Ray label: SIMPSONS_MOVIE
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

Notice the Media is BD+ protected! line. That should be a pretty good indicator.

I'm pretty sure AnyDVD will detect the presense of BD+ and log it in the status window. Anything Fox has released since October 07 will have BD+ on it as far as I know. So, for instance, you'll see this in the status window:

Video Blu-Ray label: SIMPSONS_MOVIE
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

Notice the Media is BD+ protected! line. That should be a pretty good indicator.

Excellent, exactly what I am looking for. Thank you !

You're quite welcome. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Can anyone help,i have a problem playing 3.10 to yuma blu-ray.
root menu comes up but i cant press play.either by mouse,keyboard or powerdvd remote nothing happens:doh:

I don't have that disc, sorry. Never encountered a problem like that, either.

Back