• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Written by Island Thunder

if we was using logic here, then if james is REALLY the chief developer then island thunder would have to be him, but maybe an older alias before he chose james. OR, james is not the original developer and island thunder was and james has since taken over the continuing development of anydvd since island thunders departure.

I really appreciate your post. You are the first who doesn't criticise me for my question... ;)
James Wong isn't a pseudonym. I would say that's his real name (although he has a good reason for using an alias).
I doubt anybody in the forum is able to tell us the truth, apart from James. But he doesn't seem to be interested in doing so... :(

I really appreciate your post. You are the first who doesn't criticise me for my question... ;)

I never criticized your question. :) I just never found figuring it out to be of much value. I took it for what it was... unknown.

But I do care. As paying customers of SlySoft we do have a right to demand information.
You can demand as long as you wish, but you still won't get it. ;)

You can demand as long as you wish, but you still won't get it. ;)

I would really appreciate it if you would tell me the reason for why I will not get it. :rolleyes:
(Nevertheless I am pretty sure I will reach my goal!)

Last edited:
I would really appreciate it if you would tell me the reason for why I will not get it. :rolleyes:
Very simple, it's not your business, so I won't tell you.

James, you are a great programmer and I respect you a lot, but in this case you are really driving me crazy...
Is it so difficult for you to give an appropriate answer to my question?

James, you are a great programmer and I respect you a lot, but in this case you are really driving me crazy...
Is it so difficult for you to give an appropriate answer to my question?
What dont you understand about

Its really not a hard concept.:p

Plato, even thought it probably won't help, have you thought about using the magic word? The word our parents taught us, "Please?". You catch a lot more bees with honey, right? I mean, you're actually DEMANDING information. You act as if you're part owner, and not just a consumer.

Plato, even thought it probably won't help, have you thought about using the magic word? The word our parents taught us, "Please?". You catch a lot more bees with honey, right? I mean, you're actually DEMANDING information. You act as if you're part owner, and not just a consumer.

Not everyone is allowed to enjoy the privilege of growing up with his parents... But it doesn't matter; life ain't always easy!
Nevertheless, thank you for your suggestion, I will ask my question again:
Please, can somebody official in the forum tell me and the others who *Island Thunder* is and why doesn't the information say *James Wong*? Thank you very much! :)

I know your joking. :doh:Your thread, please give me a break.:D

You are from the USA, right? Unfortunately I have never been there, but as far as I know there is freedom of information in your country, isn't it? So it would be nice if you could answer my question (regardless the fact you are not somebody official of SlySoft) since you are a good American citizen. But I suppose you aren't able to do so because you don't know who Island Thunder is. ;)

You are from the USA, right? Unfortunately I have never been there, but as far as I know there is freedom of information in your country, isn't it?

freedom of information in the usa? are you taking drugs?....

... AnyDVD, which is able to crack "unbreakable" copy protection like the best one: X-protect!

anydvd cracks x-prot?.. i doubt that heh

Not really... I am just drinking too much alcohol. ;) :D
It seems you don't like this *glorious* country?!For sure. :D

heh yeh, for sure, but any discussion on it will probably result in thread closure due to being off topic or 'too political'.. so we'll never see the resolution to the 'island thunder' mystery...

another possibility is that by naming the author as a fictional name, it could be hard to take legal action against them... its a loophole, and might be the reason for this (due to anydvd being really 'gray' legally, the legality changing from country to country...)... or it might be something else...

another possibility is that by naming the author as a fictional name, it could be hard to take legal action against them... its a loophole, and might be the reason for this (due to anydvd being really 'gray' legally, the legality changing from country to country...)... or it might be something else...

Would be logically. But I don't really think that's the reason since there is no copyright on Antigua. For this reason it's not possible to take legal action against James Wong, Tom Xiang, etc.

But the following statement could be quite interesting:

James Wong, Head of development at SlySoft: "We already found a way
to crack BD+ and we have just turned to fine-tuning. I should really
think about hiring a bodyguard now, since this product won't please
everybody."

Maybe James is afraid of being persecuted, so he assumes a pseudonym?!
Although, this theory can't be true, because everybody knows that he is the Head of development... Unless James Wong is a pseudonym?!

Last edited:
Back