• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My problem with Mr. Woodcock

I'm experiencing the same problems with this movie. Did Nero work?

Please do not post about problems you're having in other people's troubleshooting threads, as this makes troubleshooting very difficult. Create your own thread instead. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=20 and read fully

Charlie isn't getting an error message.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.0.9 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6309.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Use the latest Clonedvd beta: click
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=81170&postcount=1

4. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

5. If you still have problems, then . . .

A) a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

Yes, you have to with this title. You must use Anydvd ripper if you use Recode or Shrink.

No necessarily because I got mine to work perfectly movie and extras with just Anydvd 6.3.0.9 in the background and Clonedvd 2.9.1.4 to rip and used Recode 3.0.3.0 and finally shrink.Burned with IMGBURN and perfect backup.

No necessarily because I got mine to work perfectly movie and extras with just Anydvd 6.3.0.9 in the background and Clonedvd 2.9.1.4 to rip and used Recode 3.0.3.0 and finally shrink.Burned with IMGBURN and perfect backup.

The point is if you import this disc directly into Shrink or Recode for a full disc backup (including menus, previews, etc.) with Anydvd running in the background, the final results will not work properly. You need to use Anydvd ripper first (or use Clonedvd to rip first).

The point is if you import this disc directly into Shrink or Recode for a full disc backup (including menus, previews, etc.) with Anydvd running in the background, the final results will not work properly. You need to use Anydvd ripper first (or use Clonedvd to rip first).

well I guess i'm lucky because I didn't have to do the steps you mentioned.It also works with Anydvd in the background and Recode right afterwards.

well I guess i'm lucky because I didn't have to do the steps you mentioned.It also works with Anydvd in the background and Recode right afterwards.

That's pretty weird, because someone on Slysoft's beta team mentioned having a problem with the backup he made when the disc was directly imported into Recode. When he, instead, imported the rip from Anydvd ripper in Recode, everything was fine. He said he didn't notice issues until watching the backup. /shrug

But you might be right.

So let me get this straight:

(1) Have AnyDVD 6.3.0.9 beta running in the background
(2) Rip the disc with CloneDVD 2.9.1.4 beta to your HDD
(3) Transcoded/Compressed/Shrunk using Nero Recode 3.0.3.0
(4) Burned with ImgBurn

So you are saying to not use DVD Shrink or Nero Recode to rip the disc from the DVD drive to the HDD. Use the AnyDVD ripper or CloneDVD. It is, afterall, an X-Protect disc.

Lucky? Why? You are supposed to rip X-Protect discs to your HDD with either the AnyDVD ripper or CloneDVD. Didn't you just say you had done that and now you are seeming to say you used Nero Recode to rip the disc from the DVD drive? I'm confused by your words.

That's pretty weird, because someone on Slysoft's beta team mentioned having a problem with the backup he made when the disc was directly imported into Recode. When he, instead, imported the rip from Anydvd ripper in Recode, everything was fine. He said he didn't notice issues until watching the backup. /shrug

But you might be right.

From the initial statements I don't think the disc was ripped with Nero Recode, Webslinger.

Due to New Line Cenima studio film if you use anything but clonedvd2 ( I not refering to other paid products like 1 click etc...) or anydvd's ripper you'll see artifacts on the disc. So even though Recode rips and burns I bet if you watch the whole original you'll see issues to. However I was multi tasking hard core as well with the direct rip and burn but I do this on average anyways and don't think that was the issue either. I tool allot of steps in this to ensure Webslinger knew what I was doing and confirmed some issues, however I was using crappy phillips media code media too but I am watching another title using recode and this same media code media and no issues yet.

I could of just had a bad rip but highly doubt it and will say that what DrinkLyeAndDie spoke is needed for a flawless backup.

But you might be right.

Yeah pretty weird but my backup worked perfectly using both methods that I mentioned and I already watched it through.

(4) Burned with ImgBurn

Yeah pretty weird but my backup worked perfectly using both methods that I mentioned and I already watched it through.

If what you did what Drinkyleanddie posted, we aren't talking about the same method.

(4) Burned with ImgBurn

YES

Lucky? Why? You are supposed to rip X-Protect discs to your HDD with either the AnyDVD ripper or CloneDVD. Didn't you just say you had done that and now you are seeming to say you used Nero Recode to rip the disc from the DVD drive? I'm confused by your words.

I used Recode and Shrink and they both worked perfectly.I already watched the backup and they work flawlessly. Anydvd 6.3.0.9 was always in the background on both occasions.
My point is I had no problems backing up this movie using Anydvd 6.3.0.9 with either Clonedvd 2.9.1.4,Nero Recode 3.0.3.0 or Shrink.

(4) Burned with ImgBurn

Well, that makes sense because Andvd ripper output = the same as a full disc rip from Clonedvd.

Anydvd ripper or Clonedvd is required before using Recode and Shrink. So, in fact Anydvd ripper (or Clonedvd) must be used on this disc before using Recode or Shrink, if you want a backup that works properly.

Last edited:
Well, that makes sense because Andvd ripper output = the same as a full disc rip from Clonedvd.

Anydvd ripper or Clonedvd is required before using Recode and Shrink. So, in fact Anydvd ripper (or Clonedvd) must be used on this disc before using Recode or Shrink, if you want a backup that works properly.

Yup Yup you got it partner.

Back