• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD+ playback is possible on Sony BDS 300 standalone player

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

manixx

But these copys will not play properly
in Sony ps3,
like I before idid re construct the data before re creating an ISO
robo cop, silver surfer,die heard all versions..

BD+ copies play flawlessly

can anyone ellse confirm??
sony bds300 standalone player plays bd+ ISO
with out any issuses..

that's almost unbeleavable bd+ copy play back

impossible the process I use is quite simple..
manixx..

anyone with standalone players?

I saw no response from anyone with a standalone player & bluray burner
until then, how can we be convinced that its not doable..

the copys plays in my friends bds-300

so this discovery does mean something,
I will try the stores tomorrow for playback on diff standalones

I saw no response from anyone with a standalone player & bluray burner
until then, how can we be convinced that its not doable..

hmmm...exactly what method...i tried to backup my copy of rescue dawn with bd+, used anydvd to backup, used nero 7.XXX w/ udf 2.5 and plextor bluray (works with all non bd+) and I get:

even with latest FW update on the bdp300 I get a brief warning that my player's fw is out of date, after I hit continue I get a proper red fox copyright, then menu loads perfectly. All extras on the disc are not part of the bd+ decrytion as they play perfectly. The main stream is unviewable though with macrovision type crap throughout (the digital answer to the old analog macrovision copy protection on VHS tapes).

I didn't buy Mr. Brooks (yet) perhaps that bd+ engine is somehow not working properly.

Yes we understood this from all the other threads you've made about it, but as of yet I've not seen anyone else with confirmation this works for them, and as it'll probably be plugged with a newer firmware it's not really a longterm solution

Yes we understood this from all the other threads you've made about it, but as of yet I've not seen anyone else with confirmation this works for them, and as it'll probably be plugged with a newer firmware it's not really a longterm solution

when you ask him what he did, there's no replies

was awaiting responses from any one futher ahead getting bd+ to work..

their is no need for me to update because it plays all my copys/backups
but I think the firmware that the Bds-300 came with is worth toying with,

The firmware that came out after dec 20th for the bds300 stops bd+ playback.
U can find on line, gave away the sceret I guess I will have to soon or later

Bd+

their is also no internet slot for updating, must burn firmware to a disc inorder to update. So this cant happen by playing back origanals...

their is also no internet slot for updating, must burn firmware to a disc inorder to update. So this cant happen by playing back origanals...
They could quite easily include a firmware update on a new film disc and make it so the film won't play on that model player until the firmware is above a certain version

They could quite easily include a firmware update on a new film disc and make it so the film won't play on that model player until the firmware is above a certain version

yeah lovely! although when you provide consumers with a player with no internet port..makes it tough..I can just see my ma screwing with isos..it'd be easier for them to leave it a little loose ...time will tell I guess

cant happen and wont happen bds-300 stanalone upgrade

Because Im a shure with all the BD+ releases they would have already include this so my question is how come it hasnot happen yet + slysoft already takes care of that, before I play them in the stand alone when silversurfer came out nobody could play with out a firmware upgrade some say for the pc BD drives & powerdvd.

So who has the answer the bdsvm folder question

which means the firmware thats is included on standalone my player, some how does not require the BDSVM folder to play,its presence is needed Ive tried with both with and without,so my theory is that if someone out there tried thes same process in the same player and it did not work that means they updated with a disc or bd+ movie in which I have just about all I actually search the stores for fox bd movies ha ha, and all copys play,
or its the way u create your ISO...........8)

I will join you & wait but untill then

Even if this works do you really want to spend $10 on a BD-R just to fill it with BD+ infested data that may or may not work in a single player with a single firmware?

The fact that it doesn't work in a PS3 is reason enough not to do it. And as far as we know it doesn't work in any other player.

Just wait for a full BD+ crack. Have some patience. We want to be able to remove BD+ completely, not just leave it intact and hope that some player has a loophole for it.

But if it works for you great. Have fun with it. Not sure what you are going to do with these discs when you want to watch them somewhere else. Or when you will be forced to update your player when it stops working on new discs (which WILL happen).

you sound a hint angry, but ive got this far by not waiting i guess, you kmow the more you know.. also mutiple players are sort off usefull ofcourse
the kids only get to play the copys.. u are right anyway...$10 dollars is a lot of cash right!

And haven't you started 2 other threads exactly like this?
I did, you wold do the same

But no one else has managed to verify this can be done so as far as most of the community is concerned it's an aberration. It can only be counted as a viable solution if you can get independent confirmation from other people, and as of yet no one else has come forward and said they can do it.
Also just because they may not have put firmware updates on the discs yet doesn't mean they won't on future discs, and those future discs may have something written into the BD+ player that won't allow the film to be played unless the player is updated to the newer firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back