• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD 2.9.1.4 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2914.exe

Fixes the "time map bug" from 2.9.1.3 beta.

Version 2.9.1.4: 2008 01 14
- New: Improved layer break handling
- Fix: "Clone 0" error with some discs
- Fix: If a PGC contained multiple programs per chapter, parts of the PGC
were blanked.
- Some minor changes and improvements

Thanks James.

Does "Improved layer break handling" mean that it will act like CloneCD and retain the original layer break?

Thanks

Does "Improved layer break handling" mean that it will act like CloneCD and retain the original layer break?

No. Clonedvd like Shrink and Recode will not retain the original layer break position.

Thanks James.

Thanks

The matter of "improved" versus "fixed" is a matter of semantics.

What really matters is the layer breaks are now supposed to always be handled correctly. Be happy! :)

What really matters is the layer breaks are now supposed to always be handled correctly. Be happy! :)

Trust me, I have no complaints. Was just wondering. :)

"AnyDVD ripper can now handle discs, which have menu files bigger than 1GB (which is against the specification)."

This was introduced in 6.3.0.3. As far as I know CloneDVD and AnyDVD ripper are working in the same way... So, if this is the case, is the new CloneDVD able to handle such discs (or has this never been a problem for it)?

"AnyDVD ripper can now handle discs, which have menu files bigger than 1GB (which is against the specification)."

This was introduced in 6.3.0.3. As far as I know CloneDVD and AnyDVD ripper are working in the same way... So, if this is the case, is the new CloneDVD able to handle such discs (or has this never been a problem for it)?
If there was a problem, it is gone now.

thanx james,but 1 question. Why doesn't the main download page have the updated downloads for clone 2914 and fox 6309?

They may be betas,but they worked fine on a normal dvd.thanx again for your expertise.

"Ratatouille", R1, US did not show the successful layer break message with AnyDVD 6309 and Clone DVD 2914.

"Ratatouille", R1, US did not show the successful layer break message with AnyDVD 6309 and Clone DVD 2914.

Are you referring to the "layer break successfully removed" entry in the CloneDVD log when you are ripping the movie, or are you referring to when you are writing the movie or making an image file?

I have noticed that there are more occurrences where the "layer break successfully removed" message doesn't show, and sure enough, the non-seamless flag is still in the DVD structure. Of course this is what I wish was the default behavior, or an option otherwise provided to keep the flag, so I'm happy when it happens!

Since I don't use CloneDVD to burn or make images, I am curious if whether you are referring to those operations or the ripping function...

Back