• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Written by Island Thunder

Aussies might give it the nick name: "The Thunder Box"

Not a good name really. Wiki it to find out what a thunder box is :p

AnyDVd wasn't sophisticated as todays version because copy protection back them was tame compared to todays standard.

Last edited:
I like this discussion, very funny .... :D
I agree Tom, it is very funny, what else is there too pick on that makes no difference, lets see, I think we should tell them. The Foxes name is Island Thunder.:D:D

It's on a "need to know" basis.

YES! :agree:
It is even essential.

I have a great idea: I will fly to Antigua to do research by myself! :D
You will be able to read my results here in the forum and I promise that I will tell you everything. Even more than who is behind the name "Island Thunder"!

Last edited:
i though anydvd started off as region killer

thunder island?, maybe it was just a bit "windy" in the office that day

:D

And noone needs to know. Who was it that said, " If I told you , I'd have to ki__ you" ( just j/king). You need " Level 9 clearance" for this information.:D:D

I am pretty sure you guys over there are using extraterrestrial technology... Otherwise there would be no reason for how it is possible to have created such a great program like AnyDVD, which is able to crack "unbreakable" copy protection like the best one: X-protect!
You have already cracked BD+ right from the start it was released, but in order to be inconspicuous you are waiting with that scoop. :D
So I suppose Island Thunder is an alien who landed on the earth (Antigua, to be precisely) with the intention to fight against the copy-protection industry. :D

I am pretty sure you guys over there are using extraterrestrial technology... Otherwise there would be no reason for how it is possible to have created such a great program like AnyDVD, which is able to crack "unbreakable" copy protection like the best one: X-protect!
You have already cracked BD+ right from the start it was released, but in order to be inconspicuous you are waiting with that scoop. :D
So I suppose Island Thunder is an alien who landed on the earth (Antigua, to be precisely) with the intention to fight against the copy-protection industry. :D
OMG, how did you discover our secret??? :confused:

OMG, how did you discover our secret??? :confused:

It cost me 95 years of my life! ;)
Oh my God! Now I understand: you are one of them, James!
(James Wong = Island Thunder) :D

Last edited:
I don't care if Island Thunder is real or made up or just a nickname, keep up the AWESOME work Slysoft, you're doing a real bang up job.

If I follow the logic here, it means that because I have purchased a Coca Cola in the past I can demand to be given the "secret" formula.....Like, right!:D

If I follow the logic here, it means that because I have purchased a Coca Cola in the past I can demand to be given the "secret" formula.....Like, right!:D

Obviously you don't earn your money with being a logic analyser... Otherwise your statement wouldn't contain such a serious lack of logic...

I didn't ask for the source code of AnyDVD (what would be really stupid), I only asked who is behind the name "Island Thunder" and why does the information not say "James Wong" due to he is the chief developer. ;)

Obviously you don't earn your money with being a logic analyser... Otherwise your statement wouldn't contain such a serious lack of logic...

I didn't ask for the source code of AnyDVD (what would be really stupid), I only asked who is behind the name "Island Thunder" and why does the information not say "James Wong" due to he is the chief developer. ;)

if we was using logic here, then if james is REALLY the chief developer then island thunder would have to be him, but maybe an older alias before he chose james. OR, james is not the original developer and island thunder was and james has since taken over the continuing development of anydvd since island thunders departure.

in any case we may never know as its only pure speculation. unless 1 of us flew to james, held him hostage on the 6 o'clock news and demanded to know who island thunder is.

Last edited:
Back