• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Saw IV US R1 No Go with Clone/AnyDVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfordtx

Came up with an error at block 08039 of VTS_01_1.vob every single time, ripping or trying to clone....

Log file attached.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_Saw_IV_Unrated.zip
    264.4 KB · Views: 8
Came up with an error at block 08039 of VTS_01_1.vob every single time, ripping or trying to clone....

That's not the full error message. Please provide the full error message.

Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

This is unlikely to be the cause of your issue. However, "Remove annoying adverts and trailers" does not work properly with all discs.

It's more likely that you are receiving a read error of some sort.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Saw IV

This movie is not out yet and I have been loaned the DVD...its a clean retail DVD..not even available for public rental....
Log has been emailed...

It says 5 bad sector protections found.

Maybe a new copy protection?

How about a slightly longer investigation and testing than 10 minutes.

Thanks...

How about a slightly longer investigation and testing than 10 minutes.

How about not arguing with me when I'm trying to help you, providing a full error message, and following instructions? Actually I spent less than 1 minute (I was responding to others' threads).

By the way, the next time you want to try ordering me around (when you have the temerity to demand the terms of the help that I provide here for free), think twice.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4 :policeman:

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

:policeman:

Its a clean retail DVD

A disc being clean and playing properly does not preclude it from being poorly manufactured/pressed or otherwise faulty.
That is a fact that many people seem to overlook or be not be aware of. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11981

So running the scandisc test as I requested may help to narrow down the problem (especially since I can't perform mind reading techniques to determine what the full error message might be, but since it occurs while reading/ripping, chances are it's some variation on a crc/tcsectorreader error, which typically implies a bad original disc or a drive that is dying and/or the use of a drive that is simply a poor reader of faulty discs).

This movie is not out yet and I have been loaned the DVD

You do not own the original disc.

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=51369&postcount=3

"The idea behind AnyDVD is that the OWNER of a LEGALLY BOUGHT DVD has the right to PROTECT HIS OR HER PROPERTY*. This includes the BACKING UP of said PROPERTY."

This disc is not your property.

Thread closed. :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back