• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WMV to DVD files convert & back again as a segmented WMV

LIQUID NIRVANA

I have a problem!!

I have a long wmv file that I need to be cut into around 10 minute segments for posting into my websites.

It seems that to do this I have to convert this wmv file to a DVD file then I can use cloneDVDmobile to cut these created DVD files to the appropriate lengths.

I purchased a program called Ultra WMV converter fom aone-soft.com but although it converted wmv to DVD files ok it would not allow me to convert the resultant DVD files back to segmented wmv files. They have offered me my money back.

Programs I have purchased are:-

Nero 7 (complete) AnyDVD (Slysoft) CloneDVD (Slysoft)
cloneDVDmobile (Slysoft) clonecd (Slysoft)

Can you please advise the easiest & best way to do this.

Ken

Last edited:
Either one (or both) of these programs should help you out

I have a problem!!

I have a long wmv file that I need to be cut into around 10 minute segments for posting into my websites.

It seems that to do this I have to convert this wmv file to a DVD file then I can use cloneDVDmobile to cut these created DVD files to the appropriate lengths.

I purchased a program called Ultra WMV converter fom aone-soft.com but although it converted wmv to DVD files ok it would not allow me to convert the resultant DVD files back to segmented wmv files. They have offered me my money back.

Programs I have purchased are:-

Nero 7 (complete) AnyDVD (Slysoft) CloneDVD (Slysoft)
cloneDVDmobile (Slysoft) clonecd (Slysoft)

Can you please advise the easiest & best way to do this.

Ken

I would try ConvertXtoDVD or WinAVI Video Converter. Either one can convert .wmv files to a DVD type of structure, and then you can use any versions of AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, CloneDVDmobile, or CloneCD to do your stuff.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

http://www.winavi.com/en/video-converter/video-converter.htm

Basically, you have to use ConvertXtoDVD or WinAVI Video Converter to convert the .wmv files to a DVD, then use CloneDVDmobile, if I understand your problem, to the right size and correct file format, which should be MP4 (if you're using that format, for example.)

Let me know how it turned out!!

:clap:

Tried the winavi tester. It converted to DVD files OK but still had problems when using clonedvdmobile when attempting to convert back to wmv using

Generic wmv/wma experimental.

The details are as below

DVDManager 0 Common 4 268 269

Tried the winavi tester. It converted to DVD files OK but still had problems when using clonedvdmobile when attempting to convert back to wmv using

Generic wmv/wma experimental.

The details are as below

DVDManager 0 Common 4 268 269

Hmm. I don't even know what that is. Try the other one I mentioned (ConvertXtoDVD). I hope that will help you out. If it doesn't, I don't know what will. If it doesn't work, you'll have to ask the people here in the Forum on how to do what you need to be done, because I've never tried what you've trying to do.

Good luck.

Try Googling what you're trying to accomplish. That's how I found out about the 2 software programs I told you about earlier.

I would try ConvertXtoDVD or WinAVI Video Converter. Either one can convert .wmv files to a DVD type of structure, and then you can use any versions of AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, CloneDVDmobile, or CloneCD to do your stuff.

http://www.softwarebbs.com/wiki/VSO_ConvertXtoDVD_-_AVI_to_DVD_Video_Converter/

Basically, you have to use ConvertXtoDVD or WinAVI Video Converter to convert the .wmv files to a DVD, then use CloneDVDmobile, if I understand your problem, to the right size and correct file format, which should be MP4 (if you're using that format, for example.)

Let me know how it turned out!!

:clap:

convertXtoDVD is the best:agree:

Back