• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ripping Die Hard 4 and playback

eliw

Just bought Die hard 4 and wanted to rip it to the hdd and then convert the main feature to mkv to add to my hdd collection playable through win mce.

The ripping process worked ok with the latest anydvdhd then I took the m2ts containing the main feature 00020.m2ts and remuxed it into an MKV using gsdemux ... but the resulting file does not play well.

The video is very jerky (when using powerdvd h264/avc filter codec) with some weird artifacts in the image ... if I turn off the purevideo accelaration in the filter the artifacts are gone but play back is very slow ans it almosts seems like the PC can't handle it (PC is high specced core2duo which can handle anything thrown at it)

I normally also can play m2ts files directly from the hard disk using kmp player or powerdvd but the same video problem occurs - so the problem is not with the mkv remuxing.

When I play the film directly from the disk it plays ok in powerdvd.

Tried both the latest powerdvd and 3319a.

I am aware that this is a BR+ title but I thought that oncce the files are ripped and if the directory structire of the DVD is preserved you can at least be able to play the files in powerdvd ??

Anyone has a detailed suggestion on how I can play this title directly from the hard disk with normal looking video ?

Just bought Die hard 4 and wanted to rip it to the hdd and then convert the main feature to mkv to add to my hdd collection playable through win mce.

I'll stop you right there. This title is BD+ protected so that is not currently possible. You need to wait until Slysoft releases a version of AnyDVD HD that removes the BD+ protection completely.

You can rip it if you have a HDMI capture card.
Someone did it already on Die Hard 4 and ripped it on a torrent site.

Nice. I suppose that's one way of doing it yes. I'm personally waiting for Hauppauge's new capture toy. That'll rock.

Does this mean it can't be watched at all on a HTPC? I have tried it as well using PWDVD, ArcSoft and MPC. I ripped it, made an ISO, used Tsremux and even tried it straight from the disk(all my hardware is HDCP compliant, with green lights from Cyberlink Advisor). I get great sound but choppy video. I was beginning to think it was me and my lack of knowledge about the programs and settings. I updated my video drivers, AnyDVD, the firmware on the LG and my sound card drivers. Is there some settings I'm not using or have set incorrectly? Is there different video and audio settings just for Blu-Ray disks? I have watched a few Blu-Rays without any problems, including, POC Black Pearl, KungFu Hustle, Stranger than Fiction and Shoot Em Up.

Schlim66

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD.zip
    26 KB · Views: 12
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_LIVE_FREE_DIE_HARD.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 4
Does this mean it can't be watched at all on a HTPC? I have tried it as well using PWDVD, ArcSoft and MPC. I ripped it, made an ISO, used Tsremux and even tried it straight from the disk(all my hardware is HDCP compliant, with green lights from Cyberlink Advisor). I get great sound but choppy video.

This is what BD+ all about! You cannot play .m2ts files of BD+ titles directly as they contain video stream, which has to be adjusted by BD+ script running during playback to make it right.

Currently you can only play BD+ movies as a whole (with menus etc.) using PowerDVD Ultra versions 3104, 3319 and 3319a. They allow BD+ script to run even if no AACS is present. Newer versions do not allow this.

Currently you can only play BD+ movies as a whole (with menus etc.) using PowerDVD Ultra versions 3104, 3319 and 3319a. They allow BD+ script to run even if no AACS is present. Newer versions do not allow this.

I tried that with 3319a and they still wouldn't play. Any other suggestions?

Schlim66

I tried that with 3319a and they still wouldn't play. Any other suggestions?

Schlim66

I've not found ANY movie that 3319a can't play. What movie wouldn't play and what was the issue?

You can rip it if you have a HDMI capture card.
Someone did it already on Die Hard 4 and ripped it on a torrent site.

must be expensive?!

was die hard 4 bd+'ed in every region?

Live Free or Die Hard, choppy video. I attached logs in above post.
Schlim66
I had absolutely no problem with this movie with PowerDVD 3104 & 3319 (didn't have the "a" version at this time), AnyDVD running because of HDCP.

I had absolutely no problem with this movie with PowerDVD 3104 & 3319 (didn't have the "a" version at this time), AnyDVD running because of HDCP.
Maybe I should find 3319 and try it.
Schlim66

Back