• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.3.0.9 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6309.exe

Fixes from 6.3.0.8 beta:
- Clicking "Default" did not set the AI scanner to "Automatic"
- AnyDVD ripper removed time maps from title sets

6.3.0.9 2008 01 14
- New: Added "Create Logfile" menu, removed "enable logging" from settings
- New: Autoplay is no longer triggered, if settings are changed or AnyDVD is
disabled / enabled.
- New (DVD): AI Scanner has now different settings, "Disabled", Automatic" or
"Enabled"
- New (DVD): Added warn message, if logging is enabled.
- New (DVD): Added support for new protection, e.g., "Mr. Woodcock", R1, US
- New (DVD): Added support for new copy protection, e.g. "Paheli", R2,
Germany
- New (DVD): Added support for new copy protection, e.g. "Whisper", R2,
Germany
- New (DVD): Added support for new copy protection found on some adult
titles to the AnyDVD ripper
- New (DVD): Improved performance of the AI scanner.
- Fix (DVD): Problems with "Shoot 'Em Up", R1, US
- Fix (DVD): AnyDVD ripper removed parts of the Audio Test of
"Ratatouille", R1, US.
- Fix (DVD): AI Scanner missed one chapter of the full frame version on
"Fun with Dick and Jane (2005)", R1, US
- Fix (DVD): IFOTitles 2 error with some Macrovision RipGuard protected
titles, e.g. "Funny Factory with Mickey - Volume 1", R1, US
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

new logfile creation method

There is a new method of creating Anydvd log files with this new beta:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

There is a new method of creating Anydvd log files with this new beta:

c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.

Thanks for the new feature in ver.6.3.0.9.

Regards.

Just downloaded the 6.3.0.9 version as I wanted to use the new DVD ripping feature. I think it's great to be able to just right click on the fox icon and create a full DVD copy.
That's MUCH easier than going trough AnyDVD2, as I always want a full DVD copy. :clap:

However, there seems to be a bug, it's only possible to rip one DVD at the time. I have two DVD drivers, and it is really saving me time to be able to rip two DVD's at the same time.

When using CloneDVD2 it's fully possible to rip two DVD's at the same time, so there should not be any technical reson for this not beeing supported:disagree:

r u using 2 instances of clonedvd2? if u r then when u start 1 clonedvd, it uses a temp directory for the created files. if while that is going, u try to start another dvd, u need to created a different temp directory or the 2nd instance of clonedvd2 wont work. it cant delete the files already in the temp directory becuz they r being used by the 1st instance of clonedvd2.

When using CloneDVD2 it's fully possible to rip two DVD's at the same time, so there should not be any technical reson for this not beeing supported

I know you want Anydvd to rip more than one disc for you at the exact same time, but Anydvd was never intended to be a ripping program. That's what Clonedvd is for (in fact, Clonedvd rips faster than Anydvd ripper). Anydvd ripper was intended as a workaround to help support dvdshrink users and other third party programs so that the users of these other programs could still be able to backup discs that contained structural protections.

Last edited:
Just downloaded the 6.3.0.9 version as I wanted to use the new DVD ripping feature. I think it's great to be able to just right click on the fox icon and create a full DVD copy.
That's MUCH easier than going trough AnyDVD2, as I always want a full DVD copy. :clap:

However, there seems to be a bug, it's only possible to rip one DVD at the time. I have two DVD drivers, and it is really saving me time to be able to rip two DVD's at the same time.

When using CloneDVD2 it's fully possible to rip two DVD's at the same time, so there should not be any technical reson for this not beeing supported:disagree:

The ripping feature is available since few versions ago, so is not new in this beta

r u using 2 instances of clonedvd2? if u r then when u start 1 clonedvd, it uses a temp directory for the created files. if while that is going, u try to start another dvd, u need to created a different temp directory or the 2nd instance of clonedvd2 wont work. it cant delete the files already in the temp directory becuz they r being used by the 1st instance of clonedvd2.

Who uses the temp directory? I always use output method "DVD files". You can run as many CloneDVD instances as you want. You can verify the output with DVD player software (quality, audio streams, subtitle streams).
Then I'll burn the files using "Write existing data". Again, multiple CloneDVDs - no problem.

clonedvd uses a temp directory when u do an .iso output. the directory name is clonedvdtemp by default.

I wanted inform you that I successfully burned Shoot EM UP. I haven't had to to watch it though.

I wanted inform you that I successfully burned Shoot EM UP. I haven't had to to watch it though.

There should be no problem. AnyDVD 6.3.0.8 beta handled the disc fine if you use CloneDVD 2.9.1.2. The problem had to do with the AnyDVD ripper removing the time maps from title sets. Other than that problem it was already working correctly.

Using either the AnyDVD ripper in AnyDVD 6.3.0.9 beta or CloneDVD 2.9.1.4 beta should result in a working backup.

I'm confused. Please help.

I got the explanation that AI scanner of automatic works if DVD has structural protection like RipGuard.
Is it true ?

I compare the output of AnyDVDRipper between different setting about "CARS"(RipGuard),
so automatic and disabele are same but enable is different.
Automatic should be same as enable ?

Regards.

automatic means it automaticly checks to see if there is structural protection. if there is, it "enables" itself, if not, then obviously it doesnt. this is so u dont have to have the AI scanner on all the time, possibly takin out parts of a movie that it didnt need to.

There should be no problem. AnyDVD 6.3.0.8 beta handled the disc fine if you use CloneDVD 2.9.1.2. The problem had to do with the AnyDVD ripper removing the time maps from title sets. Other than that problem it was already working correctly.

DrinkLyeAndDie, did you do the rip with the 6.3.0.8/2.9.1.2 combination yourself and make a full disc copy? If so, were the audio tracks present in the "filmed version" selections on the first page of the "animatics" menu? Back when using version 6.3.0.6 and prior, the audio tracks were removed when using CloneDVD, but present if I used AnyDVD Ripper. This was true even for the 6.3.0.1 version that I successfully made a full working rip with by using just the AnyDVD Ripper - if I used CloneDVD it removed those audio tracks. Since 6.3.0.1 didn't have the issues that were introduced in 6.3.0.3, I wouldn't think that the removal was due the bugs fixed in 6.3.0.8. However, I don't plan on going back to AnyDVD 6.3.0.8 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 to find out. I was just curious. I'm going to do a full rip with the present betas tonight to see for myself. I expect that all will go well.

Regards,
fordman

DrinkLyeAndDie, did you do the rip with the 6.3.0.8/2.9.1.2 combination yourself and make a full disc copy? If so, were the audio tracks present in the "filmed version" selections on the first page of the "animatics" menu? Back when using version 6.3.0.6 and prior, the audio tracks were removed when using CloneDVD, but present if I used AnyDVD Ripper. This was true even for the 6.3.0.1 version that I successfully made a full working rip with by using just the AnyDVD Ripper - if I used CloneDVD it removed those audio tracks. Since 6.3.0.1 didn't have the issues that were introduced in 6.3.0.3, I wouldn't think that the removal was due the bugs fixed in 6.3.0.8. However, I don't plan on going back to AnyDVD 6.3.0.8 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 to find out. I was just curious. I'm going to do a full rip with the present betas tonight to see for myself. I expect that all will go well.

In my experimenting everything that I checked was working as it should. Yes, the audio tracks were present in the Animatics on the first page. If I ever watch that stuff again I'll probably shoot myself. :p

Back