• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Downloaded Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafu4685

I downloaded a movie that I was unable to find anywhere. It came in as an .iso so I burn a copy last night using Roxio, it worked fine. I can view the movie on my computer but when I try and watch it on tv I get a disk error. So I thought it may be a region problem so I copied the disk using Clone DVD and Any DVD. The copy came out the same way, I can view it on my computer but not on TV. The DVD player I use for my TV works fine for all my other DVD backup copys made with Clone DVD and Any DVD.

What could be the problem?

this more of an encoding problem, not anydvd problem. u need to post this in the right thread. but it sounds like u dont have a dvd-video compliant dvd, make sure whatever program u r using is making dvd-video and not some other format that your standalone dvd player cant read. that would explain why your pc can play it (cuz it contains the right codec) and not your dvd player (which doesnt have the codec).

I downloaded a movie that I was unable to find anywhere. It came in as an .iso so I burn a copy last night using Roxio, it worked fine. I can view the movie on my computer but when I try and watch it on tv I get a disk error. So I thought it may be a region problem so I copied the disk using Clone DVD and Any DVD. The copy came out the same way, I can view it on my computer but not on TV. The DVD player I use for my TV works fine for all my other DVD backup copys made with Clone DVD and Any DVD.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=51369&postcount=3

But:
AnyDVD can't help you in this case. It seems quite possible that the person who has uploaded the file has made a mistake while creating an .iso-file, so it is maybe incorrect...
By the way: it seems strange to me that this movie is not available somewhere else... :confused:

Last edited:
True as amozon and such has abput all the ones you can't find elsewhere.

True as amozon and such has abput all the ones you can't find elsewhere.

I'm definitely not supporting downloading a movie where I don't the know means by which it was obtained but I can say I've twice recently found myself having problems finding a DVD release online. Older movies can be quite hard to find on DVD because they are out of print.

One movie I was able to locate, thankfully, while the other I am very much stuck being unable to locate unless I care to pay far too much and have it imported from Germany for another high price. This is through eBay, btw. I'd prefer to buy it from a retailer. Every retailer is out of stock and the DVD is out of print.

The two movies:

(1) Hard Contract (1969) starring James Coburn, Lee Remick & Burgess Meredith
(2) Der 90. Geburtstag oder Dinner for One (1963) starring Freddie Frinton & May Warden

I'm still trying to get Der 90. Geburtstag oder Dinner for One.

Last edited:

If it's an ISO and it's playing fine on your computer but not your standalone it's possible it's because of the format. You can check to see in the AnyDVD status window. Is the Video Standard line showing NTSC or PAL?

I'm definitely not supporting downloading a movie where I don't the know means by which it was obtained but I can say I've twice recently found myself having problems finding a DVD release online. Older movies can be quite hard to find on DVD because they are out of print.

One movie I was able to locate, thankfully, while the other I am very much stuck being unable to locate unless I care to pay far too much and have it imported from Germany for another high price. This is through eBay, btw. I'd prefer to buy it from a retailer. Every retailer is out of stock and the DVD is out of print.

The two movies:

(2) Der 90. Geburtstag oder Dinner for One (1963) starring Freddie Frinton & May Warden

90th Birthday or Dinner for One will be hard to find.

The two movies:

Der 90. Geburtstag oder Dinner for One came with the latest Vanity-Fair in germany for only 1 EUR !!!:D:D:D
http://www.vanityfair.de/articles/gewinnspiel/dinner-for-one/2007/12/13/05648/

Last edited:
Pal To Ncst

I just realized it a PAL format and my system uses NCST.
Is there software that will convert PAL to NTSC?

THANKS

it seems that i own a very rare DVD :D:D ...

It baffles me how it can be such a holiday classic and so utterly impossible to find. :mad:

I first heard of it and saw it because my girlfriend is originally from The Netherlands. I wish they showed it on TV in the United States every holiday season rather than It's a Wonderful Life.

Thanks very much for your assistance, BenGurion! :)

Pal To Ntsc

I found a program that successfully converted the dvd from PAL to NTSC.
ConvertXtoDVD by VSO Software
LINK DELETED BY Slyfox 1
I took a while but it works great.

The movie is "I come in peace" 1990 Si-Fi

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back