• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Shared Network Drive

Sandy

The DVD drive in my computer went out and I need to back up a dvd. I have made one of my home network drives available to the computer with anydvd and clonedvd on it. How do I get anydvd and clonedvd to recognize the shared network dvd drive is available?

I don't think you do... I'm pretty sure it has to be a physical drive attachment, not a logical one.

Why You don't install both tools on the remote PC?

The DVD drive in my computer went out and I need to back up a dvd. I have made one of my home network drives available to the computer with anydvd and clonedvd on it. How do I get anydvd and clonedvd to recognize the shared network dvd drive is available?
Both AnyDVD and CloneDVD access virtual drives. I did not try yet whether shared drives work as well.

If You have to copy a disk because You have to give back the original You might get by with a file copy or an image, which You should be able to create from a shared optical drive if AnyDVD is running on the hosting PC. What definitely does not work is to burn on a writer that is only a shared drive on another PC, regardless of AnyDVD or CloneDVD being installed on either or both PCs. That is a limitation of the Windows operating system.

What I don't understand, is why You don't install both tools on the PC the working drive is installed on?!

I guess you've not heard of iScsi ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISCSI

That's kind of stretching the point, isn't it? It doesn't need to be made more complicated than it is, especially if both PCS have AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. After all its a home network. Its not like he's 1000 miles from the other PC.

It would be far easier to just work from the computer with the good drive and access the files from the other networked computer... or just copy them over to a temp or working folder the "good computer".

Last edited:
stretching the point?.. nope, it was more to point out that your information was somewhat inaccurate... and, if its a network share cd/dvd it'll most likely fail any copy protection signature checks, so he couldnt run a protected game, however with iScsi, its at least possible...if it was just to watch movies, then copying the files over the network would be an easier solution obviously...

Back