• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Workaround for Running With Scissors/Grudge 2

As posted elsewhere, DVD Shrink does not work with whatever this new Sony protection has done, but I found a way to make it work.

I ripped the whole DVD to the hard drive, using AnyDVD. Scissors finished the process, but Grudge2 did not, it hung on the last file, Video_TS.VOB, 144k. Since Scissors did complete, I tried to open the files with AnyDVD, and got a Video_TS.VOB not found error. Looking in the folder, sure enough it wasn't there, though I had gotten no errors during the rip.

So I just stuck in the DVD and copied the VideoTS_VOB file directly to the folder with the rest of the files on my hard drive. After that, DVD Shrink worked fine, and the result plays fine.

With Grudge2, AnyDVD hung on that file, so I just canceled and copied that file directly as I had done with Scissors. It worked fine and plays fine. Hope this helps others until the fix comes along (as it always does, AnyDVD and its support is topnotch)

How do you rip a movie with Anydvd???:confused: :confused:

ok got it to work with doing the main movie and using anydvd and nero recode

Why not quit playing "touch-it" with all the crap, vob blanker, rip-it for me, dvd shrink, shrink hasn't been updated in years, and all the other crap, i know it's free and all that, but why go through so many steps and no updates on most of them and still not have it work. No, I don't work for SlySoft, but I do use AnyDvd and CloneDvd and pretty much with a click or two can back up anything out there, and get constant updates, so if something won't backup right away, there will be an update out with in a few days that will let me back it up. So if you want all the headaches and the, " I can't back this up, or that up" go ahead and use the freebies, but if you want it fast and easy and done right, just get with the program and get AnyDvd and CloneDvd, they both just simply work. Oh yeah, and Rock On!!!!! 8)

This is funny as it hasn't been updated in forever oh did I mention it has been forever? Meaning this I can't believe being used unless you used 1 click dvd copy. DVD43 and shrink or clonedvd2 noway your telling this to me.

ur correct

ive been using one click and dvd43 for the longest and ive only ran into 2 movies i cant back up, now i have any dvd and it wont back up little atheans or transporter,says bad sector at 85% done

WaXmAn,
ripit4me and shrink may be out dated but they will bust all of these problem movies. Are simple to use.. And are free..

I use anydvd and shrink 3.1 and did not have any problems with scissors (complete menu). shrink 3.2 did not work. One more point, I have two burners. My newer Lite-On won't work but my older Sony writer is not affected by all these newer protection.

Last edited:
Grudge 2

I found that AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 will copy Grudge 2 with no problems.
:agree:

Back