• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd Hd

simple

OKAY, I GOT A QUESTION???

what exactly does this software do ??

also do you need a pc hd dvd drive or is the xbox 360 hd dvd drive compatible as this can be linked to the pc:agree: for dumping ???

im just reading some posts now to see if i can gain a bit more of a understanding :D

I don't know about the XBox 360 drive (although if, as you say, it can be hooked up to a PC, I suppose it can be used as an HDDVD-ROM drive), however this software (from what I understand) removes the copy protection from HD-DVD movies. That doesn't exactly equate to being able to make backups yet, though; the price of the burners and media are too expensive at this point, and there's still no HD-equivalent of CloneDVD yet.

However, until then, AnyDVD HD will make the viewing experience of HD-DVD movies on your PC more convenient. For one, you won't need HDCP-compliant equipment to watch them at true HD resolutions. And there's also some kind of "magic file replacement(tm)" feature... but I'm not clear on the exact implications this feature will have on viewing; as I still haven't really taken the time to look into it, or the way HD-DVD is structured. Perhaps someone from Slysoft (or just someone more in the know on HD-DVD structure and this "magic file replacement(tm)" thing) will come along and explain exactly what it entails.

I don't know about the XBox 360 drive [...] That doesn't exactly equate to being able to make backups yet, though; the price of the burners and media are too expensive at this point, and there's still no HD-equivalent of CloneDVD yet.

[...]And there's also some kind of "magic file replacement(tm)" feature... but I'm not exactly clear on the exact implications this feature will have on viewing[...].

Yes, the Xbox 360 drive can simply be plugged into a USB-Port and is ready to go. Under XP you won't see any files on the disk, unless you install a UDF2.5-filesystem driver (check google for that one, hint: Toshiba ;)).
But PowerDVD Ultra doesn't require a filesystem for playing.

Also AnyDVD has its built-in UDF 2.5 filesystem, so it too doesn't require such a driver.

Vista already comes with UDF2.5 off the shelf.

If you have access to the files, then, you can freely copy the data to your harddisk and play from there (sort of a backup, I'd call it). AnyDVD HD will decrypt all encrypted content on the fly.

The "magic file replacement": modifying the behaviour of HD-DVDs is alot easier than with DVDs (where you have to walk through the IFO files with a hex-editor).
HD-DVDs use XML-style files (see XPL files in the adv-obj directory). A copy of these files is generated by AnyDVD HD on your hard drive - if you modify these files there, the next time the changes will have effect on your HD-DVD.

It's not too hard to figure out, how some parts of the XPL files work.

In future versions, we might also add an optional support for modification of some files contained in the .aca files. These contain lots of stuff, like WAVs, Javascript, still images and lots more.
Of course, these could be changed as well, though that's a little more tricky, because they'd have to get dearchived and then rearchived.
But we already did all that in the "Lab", so it would work 8)

peer and megatron thanks for your posts , this is what i wanted to read some good positive information.

aswell as an understanding

im just a bit pissed i dont get my xbox360 hd drive while the 19th of feb as i would have loved to beta test :(

and for the Possibilities the skys the limit ;)

i guess the beta tester list is now growing with the above posts :)

Last edited:
driver UDF2.5

mmmm so easy to find :D :D when you know what your looking for;)

cheers peer

I think probably the anydvd HD will allow you to copy the HD files to your drive then using a burning tool like NERO you'd be able to reauthor it as a HD DVD

THINKS ARE LOOKING UP :agree: i need my hd drive now:D i would have loved to have a play with this :bowdown: but i guess i will have missed the boat when the drive finally turns:( up but the good thing is im sure there will be other beta's to test.

keep those posts coming

I think probably the anydvd HD will allow you to copy the HD files to your drive then using a burning tool like NERO you'd be able to reauthor it as a HD DVD

Or you can use CCD or mount it in Virtual Clone Drive future releases support HD DVD.

so does anydvd hd rip the hd dvd to the hard drive or do you need another application to do that ??? while anydvd hd handles the copy protection

Last edited:
so does anydvd hd rip the hd dvd to the hard drive or do you need another application to do that ??? while anydvd hd handles the copy protection

Right now yes it rips your HD-DVD to the HDD.

Right now yes it rips your HD-DVD to the HDD.
No, actually it does not at the moment, at least not in the current beta. You must use Windows Explorer, Total Commander or a command line prompt to do this. :D

Well see there you go again always correcting me. Not that I hate it as I learn from correction.

No, actually it does not at the moment, at least not in the current beta. You must use Windows Explorer, Total Commander or a command line prompt to do this. :D
Very easy to use Windows Explorer, no problem.

now you lost me .... :doh: you mean a command line in the run option in windows

now you lost me .... :doh: you mean a command line in the run option in windows
Try Total Commander its a great program, it does many things.:clap: I think it also has a free trial period.

Hi :)
Link for Total Commander.
http://www.ghisler.com/
N.B. The "trial period is indefinate". Just have to click on one of three buttons. If this gets to you just payup. It's well worth it.
If using Vista then you need to go with version 7. It's a beta but is fine.

Last edited:
Hi :)
Link for Total Commander.
http://en.totalcmd.pl/
N.B. The "trial period is indefenate". Just have to click on one of three buttons. If this gets to you just payup. It's well worth it.
If using Vista then you need to go with version 7. It's a beta but is fine.

so you guys use it:D they have just released a new beta for public testing :agree: well i thinks its new v7

Back