• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Locking the drive after erasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanX

Translator (ru)
Hello,

I have recently encountered a problem which I think can be attributed to CloneCD but correct me if I'm wrong.

I have decided to erase a pile of my DVD-RWs so I thought I'd use CloneCD to do so considering it has that capability. The erase as quick (though I didn't set it to "Fast Erase") and I pressed the button at the front of the drive to get that carbon pancake out but it didn't come out. Not even a light on the front blinked. So I had to go into Windows Explorer, right-click on the drive and "Eject" and that worked.

So my question is: does that have something to do with CloneCD or does the problem lie elsewhere?

CloneCD: 5.3.1.0

in the options of CCD you can have your drive locked while burning ... maybe through this it could have happened ...

in the options of CCD you can have your drive locked while burning ... maybe through this it could have happened ...

Yes, I do have that option enabled but it shouldn't affect the "release" of the driver once the procedure has been completed. After all, it makes little sense in keeping it in the drive if you have finished burning/erasing :)

I have received a reply from customer services but was rather bewildered by it:

Dear xxx xxx,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Sorry. We do not have a technical explanation why that should happen.
With all due respect, I don't need them to tell me problems, I need them to tell me the solutions :mad:

Well since Slysoft support didn't believe me when I said to them that I don't have the programs they've mentioned, I've sent them the screenshots of programs I have installed and running. We will see and hopefully in not too long a time...

May I ask one of Slysoft's representative on the forums to explain to me why it is taking almost a week to reply to my support email I have sent?

I appreciate that I'm not the only one but with a recent switch to euro and the number of loyal customers like myself, I would have thought that Slysoft is able to invest accordingly to provide a prompt response.

Hi :)
Yes you are correct.
You are not alone, in requiring assistance.
However in your case their can be third party influences (other s/w) adding to the problem.
Why it hasn't happened before is unanswerable.
But try a process of elimination.
Run AdvancedWindowsCarePersonal(free).
This can, in some cases remove/repair broken/crossed links. resulting in fixing no-end of problems.
As it's free, you've nothing to lose.

IvanX,

For some technical problems, our support team has to contact a developer and wait for his reply. Sometimes the developers are too busy and don't reply immediately to a support team member's request. So please be patient.

If you are in a hurry, send me a PM with your ticket# and I'll check the current state.

Thank you for your understanding,
Tom

Hi :)
Yes you are correct.
You are not alone, in requiring assistance.
However in your case their can be third party influences (other s/w) adding to the problem.
Why it hasn't happened before is unanswerable.
But try a process of elimination.
Run AdvancedWindowsCarePersonal(free).
This can, in some cases remove/repair broken/crossed links. resulting in fixing no-end of problems.
As it's free, you've nothing to lose.

I've sent the support screenshots of software I have installed and software I have running and they came back to me asking if I have Nero InCD installed and I haven't.

IvanX,

For some technical problems, our support team has to contact a developer and wait for his reply. Sometimes the developers are too busy and don't reply immediately to a support team member's request. So please be patient.

If you are in a hurry, send me a PM with your ticket# and I'll check the current state.

Thank you for your understanding,
Tom

I've received a couple of responses from support over the weeeknd. Here they are:

Code:
We're sorry. We cannot see any technical reason for the problem. We could not
reproduce this in our tests.

and this one:

Code:
We have forwarded it to our developers. Right now, we cannot solve it.

What I've suggested is that CloneCD will have an option of ejecting automatically upon erasing. I don't know how your software works inside out but is something like that difficult to do?

Thanks in advance.

It has been 3 weeks guys and not a single whisper. You may not think it's a big deal but it is. Now please get yourselves in gear and solve this conundrum, thanks :mad:

Here is the latest chapter of the saga:

Got an email from support. They said that it's a cosmetical problem and since i can eject the drive in Explorer then everything works. It sounds like somebody doesn't have the balls to admit that there is a problem with their software. I have reiterated a suggestion to have a tickbox that would enable automatic ejection (the same suggestion that i made 2 months ago!) but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

When will Slysoft take feedback and suggestions from users of their software seriously??? :mad:

Got an email from support. They said that it's a cosmetical problem and since i can eject the drive in Explorer then everything works. It sounds like somebody doesn't have the balls to admit that there is a problem with their software. I have reiterated a suggestion to have a tickbox that would enable automatic ejection (the same suggestion that i made 2 months ago!) but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

When will Slysoft take feedback and suggestions from users of their software seriously??? :mad:

I can understand your frustration but this is not the way to post to get the problem resolved, ivanX. Please remember the forum rules. You know better than to post like this.

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

Last edited:

This is not a platform to discuss your problems with support. There are thousands of users here with no problems at all, why do you think that is? Obvioulsly it is not a problem with their software or else you wouldn't be the only one complaining. I know support is trying to help you get sorted, if that is not good enough then please don't flame here.

I can understand your frustration but this is not the way to post to get the problem resolved, ivanX. Please remember the forum rules. You know better than to post like this.

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

How else can I get the attention of people at Slysoft if sometimes a support representative doesn't get back to me for over a week?

This is not a platform to discuss your problems with support. There are thousands of users here with no problems at all, why do you think that is? Obvioulsly it is not a problem with their software or else you wouldn't be the only one complaining. I know support is trying to help you get sorted, if that is not good enough then please don't flame here.

Maybe my situation is a unique one. Why nobody posted anything saying they tried what I've described and had success? Either because they tried and it didn't work or they didn't try. I believe that it is a platform for me to express my views about the software and the level of support I'm receiving, is it not?

How else can I get the attention of people at Slysoft if sometimes a support representative doesn't get back to me for over a week?

I'm sorry but this doesn't excuse your behavior. Your problem is with support and support has been attempting to help you whether or not you are happy with the level of support or not. Your display here did nothing to help you.

Maybe my situation is a unique one. Why nobody posted anything saying they tried what I've described and had success? Either because they tried and it didn't work or they didn't try. I believe that it is a platform for me to express my views about the software and the level of support I'm receiving, is it not?

I've never had any problems erasing CD-RWs with CloneCD and I, too, am using Windows XP SP2. The disc ejects as it should. I honestly didn't remember the thread. Personally, if I'm just quickly erasing discs I tend to use Nero DiscSpeed (aka Nero CD-DVD Speed).

This is a user support forum. This is not a soapbox to complain about your unhappiness with the level of support you received from Slysoft Support. If you have issues with the level of support then take it up with support in the appropriate manner.

Since no one else has chimed in saying they also have the problem then I'm going to have to say that this problem appears to be isolated to you.

There is absolutely no need to post as you did. Please don't do it again.

Last edited:
This is a user support forum. This is not a soapbox to complain about your unhappiness with the level of support you received from Slysoft Support. If you have issues with the level of support then take it up with support in the appropriate manner.

How is it against the rules to express my opinion (whether or not it is in soapbox-like manner) about the level of support I'm receiving to the general audience of this forum? Potential customers do visit the forums before purchasing products and I feel that they should know about the not-so-good situations in which support has not been of any help. Now if I was (and I am) to take it up only with support then potential customers would be none the wiser. I've had great experiences with support and for that I'm happy but on this occasion they are well below par.

This is a forum to talk about Slysoft's products so I'm talking about them. I'm suggesting a common-sense way to improve this Slysoft product and solve my problem at the same time. Yet I never heard any feedback about this suggestion. I never lied, I never twisted the facts. I simply explained a roadmap of events that are directly related to this Slysoft product.

How is it against the rules to express my opinion (whether or not it is in soapbox-like manner) about the level of support I'm receiving to the general audience of this forum? Potential customers do visit the forums before purchasing products and I feel that they should know about the not-so-good situations in which support has not been of any help. Now if I was (and I am) to take it up only with support then potential customers would be none the wiser. I've had great experiences with support and for that I'm happy but on this occasion they are well below par.

This is a forum to talk about Slysoft's products so I'm talking about them. I'm suggesting a common-sense way to improve this Slysoft product and solve my problem at the same time. Yet I never heard any feedback about this suggestion. I never lied, I never twisted the facts. I simply explained a roadmap of events that are directly related to this Slysoft product.

ivanX, this is my last post and warning on this matter. You could have easily expressed your displeasure with the state of the support situation in a far better and more couth manner. Do not argue with me.

I suggest you reread the forum rules again.

Notice the first thing listed:

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

Your post was rude, insulting and inflammatory. As a person who is not a newbie you should know better and have no excuse. There will be no more debate on this. Follow the rules.

Last edited:
I'm getting no problem-solving support from either users of this forum or Slysoft support so what would you like me to do?

I'm getting no problem-solving support from either users of this forum or Slysoft support so what would you like me to do?

Since no one else has commented on your problem in the forums then I have to believe it's either unique to you or a very small number of people. I believe you still have a support ticket open. Keep in contact with Slysoft Support and attempt to resolve your problem. You will likely get more help in the long run concerning this problem since they have a more direct dialog with the programmers.

I understand your frustration and I'm sorry no one here can give you a quick fix.

Posted by ivanX
I believe that it is a platform for me to express my views about the software and the level of support I'm receiving, is it not?
It is not. If we could help you we would have already, this thread has run its course, please do not start another on this topic.:policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back