• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

not enough disc space

madwab

Image mode can use a lot of space... more than 2Gb for a DVD. Try profiling without image mode checked.

I've just installed the Game Jackal trial and have tried creating a profile for AoE3 The Asian Dynasties, and I get the same error - "not enough disk space to create the image mode data file". I have several local and network drives, with free space varying from 20.9GB (minimum) to 276GB - more than enough for any profile; but image mode isn't chcked anyway. I can't find anything in settings that allows me to set a location for the image mode data file.

Any ideas? My version is up to date, I'm trying to create the profile by dragging the game icon to GJ. The error occurs when I exit the game. I'm running Vista Premium.

Thanks

Does your partitions are NTFS or FAT32 formatted? If FAT32 convert them to NTFS.

This appears to be a bug that has been noted by a few other users... and is being looked at. Can you try creating a profile with image mode checked?

Thanks, that worked. It's not a permanent solution if a large file was created, but it will do for now.

However the person who originally asked about this problem asked where profiles were stored, and that's a valid question. I can see an option to move a profile, and if I move it somewhere I define then I can see how big it is - but if it's a 2gb fie I don't want to move it just to see how big it is. I've had a look around for .cmv files but nothing turned up in the obvious places - my documents and program files\slysoft... where are they stored?

All profile data is stored in c:\program files\slysoft\game jackal\profile library

thanks

...in that case it hasn't created a large file - the entire Game Jackal directory is less than 17mb. Cheers.

This appears to be a bug that has been noted by a few other users... and is being looked at. Can you try creating a profile with image mode checked?

The same thing happens with COD4. It get the out of disk space error.

Did you ever get this to work w/ Asian Dynasties?

I've tried a few times in both image mode and not, but it always asks for the disc when I start the game. GJ is trying to work, I see in the message tray that it is active.

It just doesn't work.

Newest version of GJ on Vista 32-bit.

Jason

Thanks, that worked. It's not a permanent solution if a large file was created, but it will do for now.

However the person who originally asked about this problem asked where profiles were stored, and that's a valid question. I can see an option to move a profile, and if I move it somewhere I define then I can see how big it is - but if it's a 2gb fie I don't want to move it just to see how big it is. I've had a look around for .cmv files but nothing turned up in the obvious places - my documents and program files\slysoft... where are they stored?

This sure is a bug... I've had the same problem... I wasn't able to add a single game... although none of the games required a large amount of space... Curiously, after reinstalling Windows on a slightly larger partition, the process went smoothly with all the games I've tried to add...

This sure is a bug... I've had the same problem... I wasn't able to add a single game... although none of the games required a large amount of space... Curiously, after reinstalling Windows on a slightly larger partition, the process went smoothly with all the games I've tried to add...

That's not something I'm willing or should have to do. Odd that I don't have enough disk space with 67GB of free space.

Is their any assurance this bug is being addressed?

This issue was (hopefully) fixed in v3. However... as Webslinger said, I would wait for the official release if you are not happy with installing a beta version.

I have a Compaq Presario V2000 running XP.
I loaded Game Jackal and then installed Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 with no problems. I then had a hard drive failure and had to replace the hard drive. I reinstalled Game Jackal and tried to re-install TWG 2004 and it failed with "Not enough space". I had to do the image option to install it. Hope this problem is fixed quickly.

Back