• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disney MixMax Player

tounwar

My daughter received that for Xmas.
Is there a way to convert a dvd to this player?
It requires WMV9 220 by 176, 30 fps, 384 kbps max.

Merry Xmas, happy hanukkah (a little late though) and happy new year!

Thanks,

Fabrice

I can't completely try this for you since I don't have a Disney Min Max player. However I've tested the steps up to a point.

The CloneDVD Mobile profile called "Generic WMV/WMA (experimental)" uses the WMV2 codec to encode the movie. I did a quick search in wikipedia and that codec was used to encode for Windows Media Player 8.

There's a chance that your device will be backwards compatible and will play WMP8 files. But you'll need to set-up the 220x176 resolution in your Devices.ini files in the Programs/Slysoft/CloneDVD Mobile directory.

You should make a copy of the file first so in case it gets botched you can go back to the original.

Under the [* Generic WMV/WMA (experimental)] section of this file...

Change this line:
Res1=320x240

To this:
Res1=220x176

That will make the desired resolution appear in the Resolution dropdown on the Output Method screen after you have selected the "Generic WMV/WMA (experimental)" profile on the first screen.

I used my Garfield Tale of Two Kitties DVD (something you might have) and converted only chapter 3 for a quick test. I was able to play the file on my PC using WMP V11. It played at the proper resolution.

Use the lowest quality setting for starters on the quality slider on the Output Method screen.

Finally, run tests on just one or two chapters of your movie or video unless it's a very short video. Conversion can take a long time and it's frustrating to wait an hour and get nada. Read-up in the help pages on using the chapter editing bars that appear on the Title Configuration Sreen (right click on the scissors). After you get a chapter playing in your WMP on your PC move it to your Min Max player to check there. If that works then you can go for the full movie.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Good luck.

~KnoWei

Last edited:
Updates to devices.ini file for Disney Mix Max

Disney Mix Max Digital Media Player supports this:

Audio formats; MP3, MPEG 1/2/2.5 Layer 3 with a bit rate of 32-320 KBps and WMA files with DRM 9 or 10 with a bit rate of 48-192 KBps. Video formats; WMV 9 (simple profile, 220 x 176 resolution, 30 fps, 384 kbps max) + WMA 9 (sample rate of 8-48 kHz). Photo Formats; baseline JPEGs.
I tried updating the devices.ini file and added this to the end.

[Disney Mix Max]
Res1=220x176
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=220x176
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=asf
lavcopts=vcodec=wmv2:acodec=wmav2
FileType=smv
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=2000

This does not work... Can anyone help me to update this correctly… I am willing to try… Tks…

Disney Mix Max Digital Media Player supports this:

Audio formats; MP3, MPEG 1/2/2.5 Layer 3 with a bit rate of 32-320 KBps and WMA files with DRM 9 or 10 with a bit rate of 48-192 KBps. Video formats; WMV 9 (simple profile, 220 x 176 resolution, 30 fps, 384 kbps max) + WMA 9 (sample rate of 8-48 kHz). Photo Formats; baseline JPEGs.
I tried updating the devices.ini file and added this to the end.

[Disney Mix Max]
Res1=220x176
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=220x176
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=asf
FileType=smv
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=2000

This does not work... Can anyone help me to update this correctly… I am willing to try… Tks…
You seem to be creating an smv FileType instead of wmv.

This is from the Disney website:

Audio format: 128 kbps, 48 kHz, stereo CBR
Video size: 220 x 176
Frame: 30 fps
Video bit rate: 384K bps
Key frame interval: 5 sec
Decoder complexity: Simple
NOTE: Make sure the setting is correct before starting the encoding process,
otherwise, the DMP9050 will not play for the WMV 9 files.

Here is their general support site link:
http://digiblue.com/customer-service/faqs/disney/mixmax/index.html

Here is the link to their instructions for media conversion (pdf):
http://disney.memorexelectronics.com/downloads/DMP9050_WMV_encoding.pdf

Based on this, it seems you will need a two-step process because CloneDVDMobile does not encode WMV 9 files.

In theory, you should be able to use the generic wmv profile to get your CloneDVDMobile output, then follow the above instructions to create a wmv 9 file from that. Sync the file to the player using Windows Media Player 10 or above or use drag n'drop in Windows Explorer.

Disney wants you to buy the movies from them on SD cards to play on this player, so they don't provide any conversion software. I tried several wmv 8 files created with the generic profile and none of them converted successfully to wmv 9 using Windows Media Encoder 9.

I did have success with the modified wmv profile below (set quality slider to produce around a 385kbps file) - try it to create a small test file and then convert that to wmv 9 following the instructions in the second link above and try to play it on your Mix Max. I used 1 pass with CloneDVDMobile and 2 pass (default) with Windows Media Encoder 9.

If it works you are good to go - let us know so that the profile can be added to the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Code:
[Disney Mix Max]
Manufacturer=Disney-Memorex
Res1=220x176
ResAna1=220x176
ScreenRatio=5:4
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=asf
FileType=wmv
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=1000

Tks you...

Thank you for all your help.. I will try this and let you know...

I can NOT get it to work

I have tried everything suggested and I can NOT get it to work. I've been trying to transfer my daughter's Hello Kitty DVD's to the MixMax to no avail. I can do a short title (like <1 minute), but anything longer and when it comes time to encode with WM Encoder it stops shortly after the encode starts saying that the file is corrupted/invalid. This was on two entirely different systems.

I have taken many home videos and stuff I had on a computer and transfered it to the MixMax using the WM Encoder without a single problem. But unfortunately ther WME does not like the file output by CloneDVDMobile.

Really disappointing there is not a profile for the Disney MixMax by now. Is this being worked on by the developers?

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had any success yet.

-Tim

Last edited:
I have tried everything suggested and I can NOT get it to work. I've been trying to transfer my daughter's Hello Kitty DVD's to the MixMax to no avail. I can do a short title (like <1 minute), but anything longer and when it comes time to encode with WM Encoder it stops shortly after the encode starts saying that the file is corrupted/invalid. This was on two entirely different systems.

I have taken many home videos and stuff I had on a computer and transfered it to the MixMax using the WM Encoder without a single problem. But unfortunately ther WME does not like the file output by CloneDVDMobile.

Really disappointing there is not a profile for the Disney MixMax by now. Is this being worked on by the developers?

-Tim
I had this problem when I was testing the generic profile - did you specifically try the latest profile I posted above (post #5 repeated below - set quality slider to produce around a 385kbps file)? This worked with WME9.

Code:
[Disney Mix Max]
Manufacturer=Disney-Memorex
Res1=220x176
ResAna1=220x176
ScreenRatio=5:4
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=asf
FileType=wmv
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=1000

I had this problem when I was testing the generic profile - did you specifically try the latest profile I posted above (post #5 repeated below - set quality slider to produce around a 385kbps file)? This worked with WME9.

Yes, I cut and pasted the profile you had into the .ini file. It encodes fine from within CDM, however upon trying to re-encode it using WME (with the proper settings) it craps-out after about a minute or so with an error.

It would just be SO MUCH easier if the programmers would enable WMV9 support within CDM, eh?

Thanks,
Tim

-Tim

I have had no luck either... Tim is right after about 1 min or less the Encoder stops with an error message and I have found no way around the error message.

I spent quite a bit of time on this already... :(

Will there be native support for the Disney MixMax???

Sorry to say but I have tried to get this to work but in the end I purchased another software product that worked right out of the box and supported the Disney MixMax and works great...

:mad:

Care to share which product worked "right out of the box" please? Thanks!

Care to share which product worked "right out of the box" please? Thanks!

Sure it is Pocket dvd wizard.... note on their splash screen that they support the Disney MixMax and many more hand held devices, I had hoped that CloneDVD Moble would do the same.. and ... Hope this helps and anyone else looking for software to move anything to their ....

Windows Mobile Pocket PC
Palm or Treo OS Devices
Apple iPod Video & Nano Video
Apple iPhone & iTouch
Microsoft Zune
PlayStation Portable (PSP)
Archos Media Players
Disney MixMax
Nick NPower Fusion
Kodak Picture Frames
Blackberry Pearl, Curve, 8800 series
Creative Zen Vision, Vision:M, Vision:W
Epson PhotoFine
Gizmondo
SmartDisk FlashTrax XT
Most makes of mobile cell phones
Windows Portable Media Center
Windows Smartphone
Windows CE handheld device

Last edited by a moderator:
Slysoft won't use WMV9 because of licensing????

... I had hoped that CloneDVD Moble would do the same.. .

Unfortunately it does not look like it. I have written back and forth to their tech support personelle and they claim "Microsoft would sue them" if they used the WMV9 codec. Well MAYBE that is the case -- but I thought it was free for Windows-based software. But even if that is no longer true, it is only if their not paying the paultry licensing fee, but I don't see why they would not pay it (I think it's around 20 cents per copy.)

Bizaaaaare!

Thanks for the link to the other software. I guess their paying the fee or are about to get sued. :confused:

Last edited:
Back