• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Freezes

zip52

Anybody have a problem with a copy that it freezes atthe end of the movie

Anybody have a problem with a copy that it freezes atthe end of the movie

Many possibilities but most common, as bilbo65 said, is poor quality media.
Some software doesn't allow to limit the size of data to be transferred to the disc. That can also cause those symptoms.
What software are you using, what brand of media?

The golden rules of dvd burning is missing a key item:

Avoid burning the outer edge if disc. Keep backup target below 4360 mbs,depending on media quality. Crap media,you may have to go down to 4300 mbs.

A blank dvd-5 disc will hold approx 4.38 gbs of actual data.

Why?

Uneven dye in the leading culprit. When you have issues at the end of your backups,reducing the backup target should take care of this. It may give you slightly more compression.

Also keep compression to a minimum.

zip52: What programs are you using?

The golden rules of dvd burning is missing a key item:

Avoid burning the outer edge if disc. Keep backup target below 4360 mbs,depending on media quality. Crap media,you may have to go down to 4300 mbs.

A blank dvd-5 disc will hold approx 4.38 gbs of actual data.

Why?

Uneven dye in the leading culprit. When you have issues at the end of your backups,reducing the backup target should take care of this. It may give you slightly more compression.

Also keep compression to a minimum.

I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 so how do you get the compression rate less than 4360 mbs? Doesn't CloneDVD2 do it automatically?

barnburner .........I'm not familiar with ConeDVD but most DVD softwares have a manual setting. I set mine at 4300.

Select "Custom Disc" and set your size instead of using DVD5....

Media and Write speed?

Select "Custom Disc" and set your size instead of using DVD5....

I have found through years of burning that using good quality media, burning at 1/2 the "rated speed" or 4x, whichever suits your setup;Will yield the best results. As far as CloneDVD 2; I have never had any problems with the default DVD5 setting. However, unless you change the writing speed in CloneDVD 2; it will burn at Maximum speed. This is not best. Example: I mostly use Verbatim DVD+R 16X. I have CloneDVD 2 set to burn at 8X. I have a 16X LG Burner, it CAN burn the verbs at 16X, but burning at 8X has consistently yielded the Highest Quality results.:agree: Here's where I disagree with the 4X rule, I have tried burning at 4X with MY Setup, it yields worse results. The 16X Verbs and even 16X Sony media like to be burned at 8X. (1/2 the rated speed.) I hope this helps someone out.

I Use Fujifilm DVD-R's exclisively. They are rated for 16x.

If I'm burning drive to disk, I can burn 8x, and if going disk to disk 4x

This is more a limitation of the older machine on the network that actually handles the burning. It's an old P3 at 1ghz, it's whole job is to burn DVD's that need burning.

That said.... my daughter has a brand new laptop and my old clam runs circles around it for rip / shrink / burn speeds.
-W

Back