• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD2 / AnyDVD for Intel iMAC

Rodster

Hi all

Wondering if Slysoft have any plans to release MAC versions of their popular CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD applications, especially on the new iMAC's with the Intel based CPU, and also due to the rising popularity of MAC's due to their pricepoint and features, and the inclusion of the new MAC OS Leopard (X).

Rodney

Hi all

Wondering if Slysoft have any plans to release MAC versions of their popular CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD applications, especially on the new iMAC's with the Intel based CPU, and also due to the rising popularity of MAC's due to their pricepoint and features, and the inclusion of the new MAC OS Leopard (X).

Rodney

No as it would be difficult to implement the drivers for it. Might try dual booting though.

No as it would be difficult to implement the drivers for it. Might try dual booting though.

Thanks for your reply, and I thought it would be easy as Leopard is based on Unix and open source instead of the conventional Windows platform. It looks like Windows based PC's / Laptops are better for mainstream applications like this. Yet everyone keeps saying how bad Microsoft Windows is - strange but true.

Lucky I have both platforms.

Rodney

Yes that pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. If they did go Mac I would ditch windows in a heartbeat myself.

Thanks for your reply, and I thought it would be easy as Leopard is based on Unix and open source instead of the conventional Windows platform.

yeah linux is an open source unix and a lot more free that osx, yet slysoft still are too chicken to port anydvd ;) and mencoder that clonedvd mobile is based on is a linux app!

MAC systems make up a small fraction of the number of PC's in use. MAC has started selling their units with Windows installed because that's where the money is. Windows has some problems but that's the price you pay for compatibility. "IF" MAC or Linux ever become a major OS then you will find many of the same issues as Windows.

Back