• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stuttering on Decode of Region 1 Disc

Tony_Park

Hi,

I'm encountering a stuttering problem with AnyDVD 6303, when decoding a Region 1 DVD - Season 1 Alias DVD.

The specs for my HTPC are as follows:
AMD64 x2 3800+
3Gb Ram
Nvidia 8600 GT

Looking at the Task Manager while the DVD is decoding, shows a peak of around 24% CPU Usage, along with 1.12Gb Ram usage.

Are there any options in the config that I can change to help alleviate this problem? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks
Tony

Hi,

I'm encountering a stuttering problem with AnyDVD 6303, when decoding a Region 1 DVD - Season 1 Alias DVD.

How do you know the stuttering is happening while "decoding"?

What happens if you disable Anydvd and play the disc?

you should not have any problem with Alias as there is no copy protection on it

Hi,

I know its decoding the DVD, as my dvd drive is region 2, and the disks are region 1 - therefore, when I try and view the dvd without anydvd, I get a message within Vista Media Center regarding the regions and that the disk cannot be played.

Thanks
Tony

Hi,

I know its decoding the DVD, as my dvd drive is region 2, and the disks are region 1 - therefore, when I try and view the dvd without anydvd, I get a message within Vista Media Center regarding the regions and that the disk cannot be played.

That sounds like an a NTSC/PAL issue. And you're probably encountering the reason why people stay with XP and use Reclock.

Last edited:
Hi,

The specs for my HTPC are as follows:
AMD64 x2 3800+
3Gb Ram
Nvidia 8600 GT

Looking at the Task Manager while the DVD is decoding, shows a peak of around 24% CPU Usage, along with 1.12Gb Ram usage.

Are there any options in the config that I can change to help alleviate this problem? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks
Tony
No idea what's wrong, but this doesn't sound like an AnyDVD problem. Can you upload an AnyDVD_Info logfile?

No idea what's wrong, but this doesn't sound like an AnyDVD problem. Can you upload an AnyDVD_Info logfile?

Tony_Park,

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Will get log file organised - Region 2 DVDs are working fine within Vista Media Center - no stuttering - so the only conclusion I can come to, since this is the case, is that AnyDVD is causing the problems with Region 1 DVDs.

Will upload the log file shortly.

Thanks
Tony

Log file as requested

Thanks
Tony

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_ALIAS_SEASON_1.zip
    96.4 KB · Views: 3
That sounds like an a NTSC/PAL issue. And you're probably encountering the reason why people stay with XP and use Reclock.

Can you confirm, if this is the problem, who's responsibility is it to fix the problem?

Thanks
Tony

Can you confirm, if this is the problem, who's responsibility is it to fix the problem?

Well if this is some sort of judder issue, the problem isn't Anydvd.

James is the Reclock expert. He would probably be better able to explain.

No, Reclock doesn't help here I am afraid.

Hi,

sorry, not sure what you mean in your last update - the TV that I'm displaying on is a Sony LCD tv, however I think I've solved the problem.

Reading what I think you were saying into the updates above, I've set the desktop to display at 60Hz, and Media Center to output at 1080p 60Hz, and now the stuttering appears to have gone - I've also tried using a Region 2 DVD, and that appears to playback ok, and also some recorded TV with fast moving panning shots - all seems good :)

Hopefully the steps I've taken are ok, and that they should work fine?

Thanks
Tony

Hopefully the steps I've taken are ok, and that they should work fine?

Yeah, that sounds right. I did think it was some weird frequency or judder issue. I thought that, in part, was what Reclock was used for on XP (I've never used Reclock, so I guess I was mistaken).

Anyway, congrats on figuring out your problem.

Last edited:
Thanks go to you and James for your help, much appreciated :bowdown:

Tony
:clap:

Back