• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

suggestions/bug

rbenard

1. cloning 3:10 to yuma, copy appeared successful, no error thrown.

When I checked the Hard drive directory a 0 size file 3 (no extension) was there. I used "3:10 to yuma.iso" for the file name.

please consider either precheck or post check of name format of iso file. This may be a bug.

2. After the first part of the clone process (creating DVD titles), I like to remove the original (while 'creating ISO/UDF image') and put in the next DVD to clone. After the first clone is finished, I hit the back arrow to get to the select drive screen. Suggestion: at this point, allow CloneDVD2 to see the disc has changed and rescan the disc for the new titles/etc. The current action runs a 'diagnosing/recovering dvd' routine.

Greatest product on the market!

Last edited:
1. cloning 3:10 to yuma, copy appeared successful, no error thrown.

When I checked the Hard drive directory a 0 size file 3 (no extension) was there. I used "3:10 to yuma.iso" for the file name.

please consider either precheck or post check of name format of iso file. This may be a bug.
Colons in filenames are illegal, but you're right, it should check this.

2. After the first part of the clone process (creating DVD titles), I like to remove the original (while 'creating ISO/UDF image') and put in the next DVD to clone. After the first clone is finished, I hit the back arrow to get to the select drive screen. Suggestion: at this point, allow CloneDVD2 to see the disc has changed and rescan the disc for the new titles/etc. The current action runs a 'diagnosing/recovering dvd' routine.
CloneDVD cannot "see" this (it operates generically on files), just hit "enter" in the DVD Video path to force a rescan. Or click "Restart" and then "Copy ..." or "Clone ..." buttons.

I would like to point out that now that more than 7.5 years have passed, the behavior is the same when the filename has a colon in it: a zero byte file with a truncated filename is produced (the filename ends with the last character before the colon). I'm using AnyDVD 7.6.4.0 and CloneDVD2 2.9.3.3. This suprised me because I thought that earlier versions warned me about colons, but maybe I'm not remembering accurately.

I don't see why this wouldn't be an easy fix. Just add a check and voila. It probably got lost somewhere in a todo list. Someone needs to nudge someone over at Elaborate Bytes.

I don't see why this wouldn't be an easy fix. Just add a check and voila. It probably got lost somewhere in a todo list. Someone needs to nudge someone over at Elaborate Bytes.
Actually, it isn't as simple as it looks. CloneDVD will throw a more or less cryptic error, if it can't open or create a file (the parameter is incorrect or something like that). It doesn't check for the validity of the filename beforehand, and this is IMHO the right thing to do (the rules may change with OS versions or local / remote filesystems).
With NTFS, this method fails with a name like "3:10 to yuma.iso", as creating a file with this name actually does succeed. A file "3" with a data extension "10 to yuma.iso" is created, and CloneDVD will happily write the image into the data extension.
Probably not what the user intended. :rolleyes:

Back