• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD real slow

Spdracer

I am running cloneDVD on a P4 2.4GHz computer with only 512 ram. CloneDVD has started processing DVDs real slow where it takes 200-500 minutes to read the DVD. I checked the drives and they are in DMA mode. I ripped the DVD to HD with AnyDVD and am processing those files so it eliminates the DVD drive.

Freshly defraged the drive and disable all antivirus. Checked for viruses and spyware.

Any ideas?

a) Is the original source disc bad? If so, the reading process will take longer.
Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

b) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=63749&postcount=12 to see what TBPirate did to resolve his problem.

Like I said, I ripped the DVD with AnyDVD and am using the files on the HD. I can copy the DVD on my other computer and it takes less than an hour to process and write.

Like I said, I ripped the DVD with AnyDVD and am using the files on the HD. I can copy the DVD on my other computer and it takes less than an hour to process and write.

The second point I listed has nothing to do with disc ripping.

And you would still be well advised to do the first step I listed, simply to check if scandisc indicates a problem.

Funny how those things work.

Scandisc found no errors. I wasn't having the issue talked about in the thread you gave me, but I went ahead and uninstalled AnyDVD and CloneDVD anyway. Rebooted, reinstalled, and rebooted again. Now I am down to 31 minutes.

Thanks for the help, my daughter will be eternally grateful and when it happens again I can tell her how to fix it herself.

:bowdown::bowdown::clap:8)

Back