• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD 3

JestersDead

I am eagerly awaiting a clone dvd 3, is there any word as to whether this may be on the cards in the near future? im assuming it will have something to do with incorporating hd functionality but would like to think it is not too far off as clone dvd updates are few and far between these days

yeah i'd agree clonedvd2 has nowhere to go.

is hd/bd support even worth it - what would you burn it to - the next media size down is an 8.5gb dvd+dl, and 50gb bluray to 8.5gb would make a horrible mess of the movie - even a 15gb single layer hddvd would even be pushing the quality to about 50%.

you'd be better off using clonedvd *mobile* to shrink an hd/bd to an 8.5gb xvid, it would be better than mpeg2 (dvd).

hi,

/*BTW: for CloneDVD 2 i had posted a feature request long time ago but no one cared. I wanted to have extended shutdown features, not only a complete shutdown. (Perhaps Hibernation Mode, Standby and Restart)
=> Like Kaspersky Internet security 6 has... (Look at a very old thread!) */

Nevertheless I think a compression from BD/HD-DVD is very useful because the BD/HD-DVD blank media is very expense and DVD-DL are about 2 USD.

So far...
BurnerHEAD

I would like to see support for dvd+/-vr and soundtrack ripping, in terms of BD/HD support, the ability to back up o the native format would be good, i wasnt talking about shrinking to a DVD 5 or 9.

CloneDVD Features

The list of desired features which Elby could add to CloneDVD is long and has been repeated numerous times in various forums. A more powerful/flexible CloneDVD program might even lure many dedicated DVDShrink users into the Elby/Slysoft camp. But Elby/Slysoft doesn't seem to have any interest in providing powerful re-authoring features, or an improved transcoder in CloneDVD.

CloneDVD2 works just fine for my needs. I can understand where some folks like additional bells & whistles. However, if it ain't broke don't **** with it. Just my two cents worth.

:bowdown: :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown: :bowdown:
SLYSOFT IS THE SHIZNIT!!!

CloneDVD Flexibility

Agreed - it isn't "broken" - just very limited in what re-authoring it can do, and how well it transcodes when the source video files are large - hence folks desire to have more options and power.

CloneDVD2/3 bd/hd feature request "clarification"

While I'm very aware that if software isn't "broke' leave it alone, there's nothing wrong with additional features, right? I mean, a prime example is AnyDVD and AnyDVDHD; obviously, SlySoft recognized a legitimate need to add On-The-Fly decryption of HD/BD titles(and did a phoenomenal job, by the way). Personally, I'm not so much in need of Burning the HD DVD's and BluRay Discs again (even though I have capabilities of doing so), but with the additional content, etc. I'm only interested in the primary audio track (multi-channel, of course), and no subtitles. I don't care about all the extra features, I just want to be able to strip the disc down to the 1080p feature, multi-channel audio and that's it. I guess I have the advantage of Terabytes upon Terabytes of space, and I want to be able to have all my titles on HDD. I don't mind a 20-25GB feature/audio...that's better than everything I DON'T need in a 34-39GB rip (that, thank God, AnyDVDHD allows me to do). It all depends on what your needs are. I love CloneDVD2; the only thing I can see to add is HD/BD support for those of us who don't mind paying $30 for a movie.

Last edited:
what i would like to know is this.....
what are the folks at elaborate bytes up to these days?
true...if it's not broke don't fix it.
the last update was back in august.
i thought there was supposed to be a bug in clonedvd regarding a layer break problem.did i not read that someone from slysoft (james maybe?) did let them know?
has this been addressed yet.maybe the programmers are sat at home twiddling their thumbs.
or do they elby folk develop other software too?i don't know...i think they just do clonedvd.

Last edited:
Would be very great if the new CloneDVD version would allow the user to limit the reading-speed and if CloneDVD would also recognise the maximum burning-speed which is supported by the inserted blank media...
Once again: I love SlySoft, because they listen to what the customers say! Thank you James, Webslinger and all the others! :clap:

i think what would make clonedvd2 more appealing is if u could add 2 or 3 passes, like clonedvd mobile has. it would improve quality of the output video.

Update of CDVD2 suggestion

I wouldn't mind having the option of adding a title to my discs', so my sony changer would be able to display which disc I have loaded. Instead of seeing No Title all the time.

only because they're not needed.
apart from hd support,do you have any feature requests for future releases ?

I have several requests:

#1 - On the title configuration screen where it list all the tracks...1 through whatever, sometimes there are 40-50 tracks and a lot of them are intros, previews, behind the scenes stuff...well, if it says that burning to a DVD-5 will result in 60% quality and you decide to only copy the main movie track, you have to MANUALLY uncheck 50 checkboxes and the scrollbar is a little cut-off. There should be a check all/uncheck all option to speed up this tedious process.

#2 - sometimes on the next screen with the audio options, if you check off one audio track or subtitle option on the stream preferences section, the stream configuration will not update and vice versa. It seems a little redundant and you don't know if it really got checked/unchecked. If I uncheck french audio language under preferences, the french Dolby audio stream SOMETIMES will not uncheck...so will it really remove it or include it?

#3 - why when I try to burn to burn just VOB files, because that's all I have, it complains about BUF or IFO files? Nero burns without worrying about such things. Say I have a scratched disc and it has a bad BUF or IFO file or something, what if I salvage the VOB files? Sometimes CloneDVD will not allow me to continue with the copy.

#4 - sometimes the resulting DVD, when you try to play it on a certain DVD player, the subtitles will be turned on by default. I know I could just strip out the subtitles but sometimes you may want them. My wife is learning English so she uses them sometimes to practice matching up what is said to the subtitles (although the subtitles in movies are paraphrased and shortened sometimes...not exactly what is said but it comes from the studio like that, not a CloneDVD thing). But when you just want the movie to play without subtitles and it comes on automatically, it's annoying. I even had one movie, Wild Hogs, the subtitles were turned off but the eng/spa subtitles were included in the burn (as desired)..but you would watch the movie without subtitles turned on and whenever a billboard would come up in a scene, the SPANISH translation of what the sign says would come up as a subtitle, only the billboard scenes...weird. Nothing else, only the billboards would post the subtitle in spanish underneath it. Rest of the movies, no subtitles as desired. So something is not right with the way subtitles are recorded on the discs.

#5 - What about the ability to convert the VOB files to FLV, DIVX etc.? That might be asking a lot since licensing is involved...I can just use Nero for this.

#6 - on the title configuration screen, more info is needed. Sometimes the main movie track is listed twice or three times...I guess the manufacturer puts duplicates on the disk, which should I select?

#7 - also, I'm unclear on the audio tab...when is the 2 track = director's comments and when is it an alternative audio 2 track compared to the 6 track. I also copy the 6 track because sometimes when I copy just the 2 track, it's director's comments. Sometimes though, it explicitly says that the 2 track IS director's comments! Confusing.

All in all, AnyDVD and CloneDVD are great, can't really complain but there are some annoyances. Being about the uncheck all the tracks on the title config screen would be WONDERFUL in a future update!

Thanks.

I wouldn't mind having the option of adding a title to my discs', so my sony changer would be able to display which disc I have loaded. Instead of seeing No Title all the time.

isnt naming the volume label of your disc at the last page before it transcodes the same as your disc title?

and #8, when I strip out title tracks to improve video quality and to make it fit, the new "calculated" compression percentage is not accurate. When you proceed to the audio tab, it recalculates and is a higher percentage before you even check or uncheck anything on the audio tab. I should be able to see that compression calculation on the title configuration screen before I advance it to give me an accurate summary of what my compression % is going to be. In other words, by checking or unchecking titles or checking/unchecking "preserve menu", it should recalculate properly the same as it does when I tab to the audio tab.

I have several requests:

#1 - On the title configuration screen where it list all the tracks...1 through whatever, sometimes there are 40-50 tracks and a lot of them are intros, previews, behind the scenes stuff...well, if it says that burning to a DVD-5 will result in 60% quality and you decide to only copy the main movie track, you have to MANUALLY uncheck 50 checkboxes and the scrollbar is a little cut-off. There should be a check all/uncheck all option to speed up this tedious process.
Click "Copy DVD Titles" instead. If you want to keep menus, click the checkbox. Done. And there is a "select all", "unselect all" and "invert" option. Right mouse button is your friend, as always.

#2 - sometimes on the next screen with the audio options, if you check off one audio track or subtitle option on the stream preferences section, the stream configuration will not update and vice versa. It seems a little redundant and you don't know if it really got checked/unchecked. If I uncheck french audio language under preferences, the french Dolby audio stream SOMETIMES will not uncheck...so will it really remove it or include it?
No problem here. I recommend to select stream attributes on the *right* side. This is the intended use. Right mouse button for help...

#3 - why when I try to burn to burn just VOB files, because that's all I have, it complains about BUF or IFO files? Nero burns without worrying about such things. Say I have a scratched disc and it has a bad BUF or IFO file or something, what if I salvage the VOB files? Sometimes CloneDVD will not allow me to continue with the copy.
CloneDVD burns VideoDVDs. VideoDVDs without .ifo files ... are no VideoDVDs.

#4 - sometimes the resulting DVD, when you try to play it on a certain DVD player, the subtitles will be turned on by default. I know I could just strip out the subtitles but sometimes you may want them. My wife is learning English so she uses them sometimes to practice matching up what is said to the subtitles (although the subtitles in movies are paraphrased and shortened sometimes...not exactly what is said but it comes from the studio like that, not a CloneDVD thing). But when you just want the movie to play without subtitles and it comes on automatically, it's annoying. I even had one movie, Wild Hogs, the subtitles were turned off but the eng/spa subtitles were included in the burn (as desired)..but you would watch the movie without subtitles turned on and whenever a billboard would come up in a scene, the SPANISH translation of what the sign says would come up as a subtitle, only the billboard scenes...weird. Nothing else, only the billboards would post the subtitle in spanish underneath it. Rest of the movies, no subtitles as desired. So something is not right with the way subtitles are recorded on the discs.
CloneDVD does everything right. If you copy without menus, set your DVD player setup to correctly preselect the desired audio / subtitle tracks.

#5 - What about the ability to convert the VOB files to FLV, DIVX etc.? That might be asking a lot since licensing is involved...I can just use Nero for this.
Check out CloneDVD mobile.

and #8, when I strip out title tracks to improve video quality and to make it fit, the new "calculated" compression percentage is not accurate. When you proceed to the audio tab, it recalculates and is a higher percentage before you even check or uncheck anything on the audio tab. I should be able to see that compression calculation on the title configuration screen before I advance it to give me an accurate summary of what my compression % is going to be. In other words, by checking or unchecking titles or checking/unchecking "preserve menu", it should recalculate properly the same as it does when I tab to the audio tab.
It is very accurate, but assumes all audio tracks are enabled.

i think what would make clonedvd2 more appealing is if u could add 2 or 3 passes, like clonedvd mobile has. it would improve quality of the output video.

Actually, this the only feature I really miss.

The only reason I still use DVDShrink (although I bought AnyDVD HD + CloneDVD) is it's "deep analysis" feature, which seems to improve quality a lot imo.

So right now, I use AnyDVD-CloneDVD (target size set to DVD-DL) for ripping, and then I continue with Shrink.

greets, Ronald

Back