• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Missing chapters from Transporter 2

Shoes

Hiya, Ive burned Tranporter 2 just fine, no errors of any sort, but when i play it in my dvd player, 4-5 chapters are missing from the end (25 chapters in all, the back up goes to 20). Ive checked a few other forums here and cant find a solution, any suggestions? This has only happened with this movie, never with any other. I've got two coasters now, plz help!

i think someone reported a similar missing chapters on a previous thread.
i think the solution was to 'disable AI Scanner' in AnyDVD (?) for the problem disc.

Last edited:
Hiya, Ive burned Tranporter 2 just fine, no errors of any sort, but when i play it in my dvd player, 4-5 chapters are missing from the end (25 chapters in all, the back up goes to 20). Ive checked a few other forums here and cant find a solution, any suggestions? This has only happened with this movie, never with any other. I've got two coasters now, plz help!

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Webslinger, I did what you suggested above, instead of finding that exact file, i zipped it myself and posted the info. Let me know if it works. Thanks for the help!:bowdown:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_log.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 3
Webslinger, I did what you suggested above, instead of finding that exact file, i zipped it myself and posted the info. Let me know if it works. Thanks for the help!:bowdown:

No. I need that file that I requested. The filename won't be literally ""Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"--but it will be something similar.

What version of Anydvd are you using?

I cant locate a file that is previously zipped relating to Anydvd. Nothing appears in my Docs except that notepad file. I also did a search for anything zipped with anydvd in it. No results. Version is 6.1.7.0

Last edited:
All set. Hope this helps

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_TRANSPORTER_2_VANILLA.zip
    42.1 KB · Views: 3
All set. Hope this helps

O.k., there's no protection on this disc other than CSS.

Errrr . . . how do you know chapters 4-5 are missing from the end? Does your backup jam/freeze or something during playback?

1) What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

2) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

3) What version of Clonedvd are you using?

The backup freezes a few seconds into chapter 20 and eventually (5mins or so) returns to the main screen to start the movie. My dvd player shows which chapter its on, 20 being the last accessible one. When I burned it, it seemed that it burned too quickly, thats why I checked it to begin with.
Media - On disc shows Memorex +R - 16X - 4.7GB -120min k7701787e602rf7071421a05150 do127c20305r 50127-c2
Default speed is set to maximum
Clone dvd version is 2.9.1.2
let me know if i missed anything :)

Media - On disc shows Memorex +R - 16X - 4.7GB -120min

Ugh. Avoid Memorex

Use this list:

DVD±Rs = Maxell Broadcast Quality Series 8x (not regular junk Maxells you find everywhere), Verbatim 8x & 16x, Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline)
DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (not India), MAM-A 8x
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro (these are Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, Taiyo Yuden

Default speed is set to maximum

No. Don't. Burn at 12x or 8x to blank media that is rated at 16x.

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

2. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not valueline), Verbatim, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

For +R DL blank media, use Verbatim made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL.

3. Try lowering your burn speed (not below 4x; if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x; an 8x burn speed on 16x rated media wouldn't be a bad idea either)

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in Clonedvd (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

7. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Insert the problematic backup disc, select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your backup is bad (which is the most likely case), your optical drive may be slowly dying, or your optical drive simply doesn't like the disc (or your choice of blank media)--even if the disc looks fine.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

Also, check the preview screen in Clonedvd to ensure you're backing up the proper title.

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully please

Great, thanks alot for all your help. Ill try to burn with slow speed first, as all i have on hand is memorex. Why would this only happen with this paticular dvd and no others?? Ill let you know if the slower speed works too.

Also, dont know if this matters, but clone dvd shows 100% done reading and burning. The disc isnt even full, I can see there is still unwritten space on the actual dvd.

Great, thanks alot for all your help. Ill try to burn with slow speed first, as all i have on hand is memorex. Why would this only happen with this paticular dvd and no others?? Ill let you know if the slower speed works too.

Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Use good quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Broadcast Quality). Avoid Ritek, Memorex, Regular Maxell blank media that you can find in most stores that are not made in Japan, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Princo. Also, on average, it's wise to avoid blank media that's made in China or Hong Kong.

If you're using double layer blank media, use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL.

Also, dont know if this matters, but clone dvd shows 100% done reading and burning. The disc isnt even full, I can see there is still unwritten space on the actual dvd.

Well, the original disc is only 3518 MB, which is significantly less than 4.7 GB (the size of a single layer blank dvd).

It's not as though Clonedvd will be compressing video for this movie.

Well, the original disc is only 3518 MB, which is significantly less than 4.7 GB (the size of a single layer blank dvd).

It's not as though Clonedvd will be compressing video for this movie.

Agreed, 4.7GB is considerably larger, but I've noticed with all other burned dvd's that it looks written to very edge of the disc. This is the only exception with my experience.

Agreed, 4.7GB is considerably larger, but I've noticed with all other burned dvd's that it looks written to very edge of the disc. This is the only exception with my experience.

That likely due to the fact most commercial dvd-video movies are well in excess of 4.7GB and require compression to fit onto a single layer blank dvd. This is why the quality bar in Clonedvd drops below 100%.

This particular movie you're using doesn't take up very much space (which is less common).

Last edited:
:clap: Works! Dunno if it was the anydvd update or slower writing speed, but just checked and it plays all 25 chapters. Much appreciated. Wouldn't have been able to do it without ya. Keep up the great work Webslinger. Cheers. :D

Lawl, Dvd looks exactly like the, what are now, coasters - meaning there appears to be left over unwritten room. :eek:

Back