• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Shutdowns?

steez2002

I am also having trouble on my PC, only after it gets so far my computer shuts down. I usually use any dvd w/ dvd shrink but latly they've been skipping so I'm using any and clone dvd but now have this issue with the shutdowns. If I try them using DVD Shrink it closes the program and an error message comes up saying critical error. Any Help

Newest Any and Clone DVD
Fairly New burners Sony Nec 16x
XP, little under 1g ram 2.0ghz processor

This is not an Anydvd issue.

Computer shutdowns are generally attributed to overheating and/or bad power supply issues.

Check inside your case for dust (check fans).

Get your power supply tested.

And if you're a Shrink user, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 (read fully)

Also, please do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you want to help them: click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully please

Last edited:
steez2002 ....are you receiving an error message before the PC shuts down?

no errors it just shuts down. My heat levels don't seem to be high and this is happening on two pcs. I thought maybe its was a new encryption....

no errors it just shuts down. My heat levels don't seem to be high and this is happening on two pcs. I thought maybe its was a new encryption....

No. Nothing on dvds will make your computer shutdown.

I just don't understand how this is happening on two pcs, also if I use shrink on some movies which is what I use primarilly, it will just close the program and tell me a serious error has occured. But only on some

I just don't understand how this is happening on two pcs

Well, it's possible you do have driver conflicts on your system. I can take a look at your filters:

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

But it seems more likely to me that if this is happening while you are reading or burning (especially burning) in Clonedvd that the shutdowns are related to power issues.

also if I use shrink on some movies which is what I use primarilly, it will just close the program and tell me a serious error has occured. But only on some

Once again, click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully if you use Shrink

Last edited:
I believe we got the issue resolved. It seems his Power Options were set to put the PC into Hibernation. That, and his Screensaver, were occurring during the copying process.

Back