• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD-DVD problem

paul525715

Hi everyone - I'm a newbie so please don't shout at me!

I recently bought a computer with an LG blu-ray / HD-DVD player (it's a Medion 8828 PC). I was advised by my brother-in-law to install AnyDVD HD, which I did, following the installation notes scattered on these forums. Then, when I ran Powerdvd Ultra, it said that there was a critical update, which I performed (this was two days ago, so I'm assuming it's the latest update).

My brother-in-law provided me with two dvd's to try...

Talladega nights (Blu-ray, European - Region B)
Mi:3 (HD-DVD, American - Region A)

Talladega nights runs fine, but I had expected it to - it's a UK release.
Mi:3 is recognised by PowerDVD and by AnyDVD HD. If I open up anydvd HD from the systray it gives the title of the disc and states that the AACS encoding has been circumnavigated (OWTTE). However, when I click the play button on the PowerDVD, I get a brief black screen and then the whole program disappears and all I'm left with is the desktop.

I have no idea if this is a PowerDVD problem, AnyDVD problem, or something else. What I did find, however, is a quote from the cyberlink forum, relating to the latest update, which states...

"If you have the AnyDVD HD software in memory then PowerDVD wont run the disk giving the error described in this post, if you dont have AnyDVD HD running then the disks will work fine."

Can anyone shed some light on this and help out a completely clueless newbie (who thought he was doing well until he stumbled on this problem!)

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Check the build of powerdvd, you probably need to roll back to 3104 or 3319a

mi3 dont work with 3319a but slysoft dont answer in the 'movies that dont work with anydvd 6303' post :-(

My US MI3 works fine with 3319a whether I have AnydvdHD running or not, also plays fine from the harddrive

My US MI3 works fine with 3319a whether I have AnydvdHD running or not, also plays fine from the harddrive

US Version perhaps, european version not.
i ripped the movie with an old anydvdhd version (dont know which..) for a while ago and the movie plays fine from harddrive. I dont know if this was an older powerdvd version.
but now with the new version of anydvdhd and the new powerdvd version this movie does NOT start from the harddrive, only if you disable anydvdhd..

MI3 EU version certainly plays off hard disk with pdvd v3104

MI3 EU version certainly plays off hard disk with pdvd v3104

that could be possible, i use version 3319a and it dont work.. with v3104 i think it work yes.. so please slysoft try to make an anydvdhd update than we can watch mi3 with an newer pdvd version..

there is no reason to use any version of pdvd other than v3104
none of the later versions can do anything new or productive.

Sounds like whilst there are a lot of people wisely using anydvd for playing and copying disks, there are so many pain in the arse problems! Thanks for all your help. I'll try a roll back tonight (although PDVD was pre-installed and I'll probs have to find a copy elsewhere).

Cheers!

Paul

there is no reason to use any version of pdvd other than v3104
none of the later versions can do anything new or productive.

I do believe that Pdvd version 3313a is the last version that allows for playback on hard drive. There is an easy work around for that too, turn your backup into an ISO file and mount it with daemon tools. I have had no problems with it at all playing then. Movies with BD+, HD, regular, no problems at all.

Now 3516 update does fix stuttering issues on movies like HP5 and transformers that I was having. So it does make some sort of difference.

I do believe that Pdvd version 3313a is the last version that allows for playback on hard drive. There is an easy work around for that too, turn your backup into an ISO file and mount it with daemon tools. I have had no problems with it at all playing then. Movies with BD+, HD, regular, no problems at all.

Now 3516 update does fix stuttering issues on movies like HP5 and transformers that I was having. So it does make some sort of difference.

i dont like this iso / daemon tools thing. perhaps it's good for people who start to rip hd and blu-ray movies, but not for people who already have 100+ bluray/hd movies on the harddisk. i dont want to spend some hours to convert it into iso's.

Back