• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cyberlink Update

mike_9000

Has anyone heard on when the release date will be for the next version of Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra(profile 1.1 for Blu-ray)? Has Slysoft started to prepare for this new release cause I heard that like WinDVD it will refuse to play unprotected Blu-ray discs?Also where is support for WinDVD, is it coming soon?:agree:

Has anyone heard on when the release date will be for the next version of Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra(profile 1.1 for Blu-ray)? Has Slysoft started to prepare for this new release cause I heard that like WinDVD it will refuse to play unprotected Blu-ray discs?
PowerDVD already refuses to play unprotected Blu-ray discs, but AnyDVD takes care of that.
Also where is support for WinDVD, is it coming soon?:agree:
No.

Why no WinDVD support? WinDVD plays so much more titles than PowerDVD and it takes Cyberlink forever to release updates. Actually why this post was created.

Last edited:
PDVD 3516 can play Profile 1.1 contents (i.e. RE3:Extinction PiP) but it's buggy as hell.

WinDVD plays BD+ titles at the moment like Live free or die hard. I know what people are going to say"Its playable in version blah blah blah... They are not playable in the current version. People need to upgrade their software not downgrade it. Upgrading allow for fixes in the software. Yes I know we are not able to play them from hard drive, so what Slysoft will come out will a fix in fact I thought I heard James say that they were working on Virtual CloneDrive to emulate BD disc cause HD DVD is dead.

PowerDVD already refuses to play unprotected Blu-ray discs, but AnyDVD takes care of that.

No.

Does this mean we can use the latest builds of PowerDVD to play Blu-Ray from disk?

- Rich

Does this mean we can use the latest builds of PowerDVD to play Blu-Ray from disk?

- Rich
Yes. With the exception of BD+ titles, as PowerDVD added a check, that disc playback is prohibited, if BD+ is present, but no AACS.
EDIT: For BD+ titles, you'll need PowerDVD 3104 or 3319a.

James,

can there be an option in AnyDVD-HD to retain AACS but remove Region Protection... can this be done ?

I ask because I'm about to start reviewing Profile 1.1 discs (Sunshine) and so I need the new version of PDVD but want to retain region protection removal.

If there is such an option currently then please flame to your heart's content :)

Thanks
Keith

Cyberlink PowerDVD does not play Live free or die hard. It gives me an error message. Also why wouldn't you support WinDVD? It adds one more feature to your product and some of us:) have payed for the software and would enjoy using it with AnyDVD enabled.Thats all so I hope you consider. It would really mean a lot if you could at least look at the code and see if you could find a way around it.

Last edited:
Powerdvd plays Live free Die hard fine for me, but If I try to install WinDVD it won't work as I use an ATI graphics card and they don't support them properly

James, I was under the impression that AnyDVD just got rid of AACS (and in the future BD+), so you'd be able to play discs with any program that supported blu-ray and HD-DVD. Does it only work with PowerDVD?

By the way, I could play Die Hard 4 too with no problems.

Powerdvd plays Live free Die hard fine for me, but If I try to install WinDVD it won't work as I use an ATI graphics card and they don't support them properly

Same as you. I have never been able to run WinDVD with AnyDVD, never seen a picture from it: it stops right after I hit the Play button.
And I play Live free or die hard with PowerDVD with no problems. Just make sure it is installed in its setup's default folder.

Back