• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why don't all Blu-ray movie files play on the PS3?

ndjr

If you transfer the main movie file (.m2ts) to the PS3`s harddrive and then try to play them, some work and some dont, why is this? does it have something to do with how AnyDVD is ripping them?

If you transfer the main movie file (.m2ts) to the PS3`s harddrive and then try to play them, some work and some dont, why is this? does it have something to do with how AnyDVD is ripping them?

no, you should search the threads, been discussed many times, in short ps3 will play all mpeg2 .m2ts, but avc/vc-1 h.264 won't without converting. I believe some have converted to avchd and they are fine, but you cannot just "rip and play"

of course if you rip and burn the bdmv to a bdre it's 100% (except for bd+)

no, you should search the threads, been discussed many times, in short ps3 will play all mpeg2 .m2ts, but avc/vc-1 h.264 won't without converting. I believe some have converted to avchd and they are fine, but you cannot just "rip and play"

of course if you rip and burn the bdmv to a bdre it's 100% (except for bd+)

That is not correct, Final fantasy, Halloween, Open season, Lost, and many other blu-ray`s are AVC and they play fine from the PS3 HD

That is not correct, Final fantasy, Halloween, Open season, Lost, and many other blu-ray`s are AVC and they play fine from the PS3 HD

i guess things have changed since a year ago :) , I guess back w/ FW 1.32 or whatever it was

you still have to split to 4GB chunks, right? all that work was such a pain, I ended up getting a tvix, it blows away the restrictions with the ps3 and hd file playing

sorry about the wrong info

i guess things have changed since a year ago :) , I guess back w/ FW 1.32 or whatever it was

you still have to split to 4GB chunks, right? all that work was such a pain, I ended up getting a tvix, it blows away the restrictions with the ps3 and hd file playing

sorry about the wrong info

no, you don`t have to split anything, maybe you mean playing from an external FAT32 USB harddrive? I meant uploading the file to the internal PS3 harddrive

no, you don`t have to split anything, maybe you mean playing from an external FAT32 USB harddrive? I meant uploading the file to the internal PS3 harddrive

Isn't it (internal PS3 harddrive) also FAT32? Perhaps you can play big (> 4GB) files from a network share, but I doubt you can do it from internal drive.

Isn't it (internal PS3 harddrive) also FAT32? Perhaps you can play big (> 4GB) files from a network share, but I doubt you can do it from internal drive.

yes you can, I have transfer 35GB The Fifth Element (Remastered) file to the harddrive with Red kawa, the only problem is you cant choose audio track, so sometime you get the spanish,French, or directors commentary track or something else

Back