• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

trouble ripping Transformers HD-DVD with anydvd 6.3.0.3. Fails at 49% everytime

mpgxsvcd

I am having trouble ripping the Transformers HD-DVD to my hard drive with anydvd 6.3.0.3. It always gets to 49% and then pops up a dialog box that says that it failed. Does this have something to do with the layer change? I set the rename XPL option to on. What options should I use for ripping the transformers HD-DVD. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am having trouble ripping the Transformers HD-DVD to my hard drive with anydvd 6.3.0.3. It always gets to 49% and then pops up a dialog box that says that it failed. Does this have something to do with the layer change? I set the rename XPL option to on. What options should I use for ripping the transformers HD-DVD. Has anyone else had this problem?

hm..interesting idea that is has to do something with the layer break.
i got also many movies which failed at 49 / 50%! perhaps it'S really the layer break and anydvdhd dont handle this correct?

try to copy the movie with dvdfab hd decrypter or with the explorer.

I can assure you there is no problem with copying Transformers to HD using Anydvd HD
Either your HD_DVD player is faulty
or the HD-DVD is faulty

I can assure you there is no problem with copying Transformers to HD using Anydvd HD
Either your HD_DVD player is faulty
or the HD-DVD is faulty

Ok, a more helpful post would have been.

“I used anyDVD version XXXXX with these settings turned on and these settings turned off and it ripped fine every time.”

It could possibly be the disc. I am trying to rip it with another program now.

“I used anyDVD version XXXXX with these settings turned on and these settings turned off and it ripped fine every time.”

perhaps you should try to slow down the read speed in anydvdhd..
i don't know if the read options are for blu-ray and hd-dvd or just only for dvd..

perhaps you should try to slow down the read speed in anydvdhd..
i don't know if the read options are for blu-ray and hd-dvd or just only for dvd..

Oh wow. I didn’t realize there was an option for that. Thanks for the tip. I will try that.

Any help is appreciated. This is the only HD-DVD that I can not get to play properly right now.

I don't see how that would be more helpful
There are no special settings needed for ripping any HD/Blu disks (just don't try to remove region coding) Always use the latest release of anydvd hd.
The only disks anydvd hd can't rip are faulty disks

There are no special settings needed for ripping any HD/Blu disks (just don't try to remove region coding) Always use the latest release of anydvd hd.

I had no problem at all backing up Transformers on HD. Maybe it could be your disk?? I have had some issues with HD-DVD and Blu-Ray disks that were bad, and received another and bam it backed up.

i read now a hundred times in the forum that the discs have to be faulty and this CAN NOT be an issue of anydvdhd. i have 20% faulty discs if that should be really true. i make backups of NEW hd-discs without any scratches and i really often have an error. and it's not the disc or my hd-dvd drive believe me, with dvdfab hd decrypter i can copy every hddvd that gives me an error in anydvdhd..

Last edited:
I had no problem at all backing up Transformers on HD. Maybe it could be your disk?? I have had some issues with HD-DVD and Blu-Ray disks that were bad, and received another and bam it backed up.

I totally agree (I think it was HDdvdsupporter you intended to quote)
Exactly the same for me, I have easy access to multiple copies of the same disk, once i find a problem disk, a new one fixes the problem.
(I never had any problems backing up transformers)

i read now a hundred times in the forum that the discs have to be faulty and this CAN NOT be an issue of anydvdhd. i have 20% faulty discs if that should be really true. i make backups of NEW hd-discs without any scratches and i really often have an error. and it's not the disc or my hd-dvd drive believe me, with dvdfab hd decrypter i can copy every hddvd that gives me an error in anydvdhd..

It's likely skipping past read errors then, leaving you with an imperfect backup (which you may or may not notice during playing back, depending on how large the error is).

This response was exactly what I was looking for. There are many settings in AnyDVD and I didn’t know which ones to turn on or off. Thanks for the help I will make sure I don’t have the remove Region setting next time.

WHY has NO ONE in this thread told him to try making an image WITHOUT ANYDVD RUNNING?!?!?!?! That would pretty much clear up the issue of whether it's a bad disc or something AnyDVD's doing, wouldn't it? We know AnyDVD can decrypt the mounted image, so, just make a raw ISO image of it using CloneCD/ImgBurn/whatever, and if it finishes, mount the ISO and test it. If it can't read past the 49% mark without AnyDVD running, it ain't AnyDVD's fault...

Last edited:
Mostly because no one posting in this thread about an issue has posted basic information that I request:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4503

Anydvd isn't going to cause read errors with an HD-DVD unless there's a conflict with another program.

I just get frustrated with the whole concept of blaming AnyDVD without checking to see if that's ACTUALLY the problem. It's not difficult to disable AnyDVD and create an image to see if that's indeed causing the issue. It'd save people an ENORMOUS amount of time and troubleshooting...

I just get frustrated with the whole concept of blaming AnyDVD without checking to see if that's ACTUALLY the problem. It's not difficult to disable AnyDVD and create an image to see if that's indeed causing the issue. It'd save people an ENORMOUS amount of time and troubleshooting...

Fair enough

Wouldn't kill people to post the .zip file either so we can look at possible conflicts with other software.

Well I did finally test the disc with another program. Same thing it failed at 50%. So you were definitely right. However, I never meant to accuse anyDVDHD of not working properly. I just wanted to know if I had all of the settings correct and what everyone else had used to rip it.

Thanks for all of your help. I have another Disc of Transformers coming today so hopefully that one will rip.

Well I did finally test the disc with another program. Same thing it failed at 50%. So you were definitely right. However, I never meant to accuse anyDVDHD of not working properly. I just wanted to know if I had all of the settings correct and what everyone else had used to rip it.

Thanks for all of your help. I have another Disc of Transformers coming today so hopefully that one will rip.

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of blaming AnyDVD. It's just that I read a LOT of posts on this and other forums where the OP of a problem refuses to acknowledge that it could be a disc problem vs a software issue. So, I didn't mean to come off like a jerk and accuse you of anything. It's just frustrating sometimes. I'm glad you were able to confirm your issue...even if it sucks. Hopefully you can get the disc replaced.

Back