• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trying to hack Nero Showtime BD region code: Help needed!

Rathbone80

My tool with which I manged to hack PowerDVD regions says the following when I change the region code in Nero Showtime:

C:\Windows\Cursors\arrow_n.cur:NEDTA.DAT

It has to be that file. I did not notice any changes in the registry when changig the region and no other system acivites.

Don't find NEDTA.DAT anywhere on my HDD and arrow_n.cur seems to be a cursor image file. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rathbone

My tool with which I manged to hack PowerDVD regions says the following when I change the region code in Nero Showtime:

C:\Windows\Cursors\arrow_n.cur:NEDTA.DAT

It has to be that file. I did not notice any changes in the registry when changig the region and no other system acivites.

Don't find NEDTA.DAT anywhere on my HDD and arrow_n.cur seems to be a cursor image file. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rathbone

This thing is called "NTFS Alternate Data Stream". You can see them using a tool like "ADS Locator". You can download it from here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/tools/index.html.

You can delete them using another tool, called "streams": http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897440.aspx

WOW, thank you very much. The BD region code is really linked with arrow_n.cur. Streams.exe works, but then Showtime says that the BD settngs are screwed and you need to reinstall Showtime. So simply make a backup of arrow_n.cur when you have some changes left and replace the original with it when you need more changes.

I wonder whether "arrow_n.cur" cursor is put to Windows\Cursors folder by Nero installer or it is part of Windows and Nero just attaches an "Alternate Data Stream" to it (in which case it is not good at all).

Back