• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Watch HD DVD movies on PS3?

HDUser

Hi,

Now that the "war" is over. I am planning to store all my HD DvD movies on my hard drive so I can still watch them without worrying my Toshiba player will die on me someday. I am planning to buy a PS3 which has MP4 support. Is there anyway to convert my HD DvD movies without losing any video quality to play on the PS3? If not directly, I can setup Tversity.

thanks in advance,
~joy

Hi,

Now that the "war" is over. I am planning to store all my HD DvD movies on my hard drive so I can still watch them without worrying my Toshiba player will die on me someday. I am planning to buy a PS3 which has MP4 support. Is there anyway to convert my HD DvD movies without losing any video quality to play on the PS3? If not directly, I can setup Tversity.

thanks in advance,
~joy

Converting anything right now will always lose out on quality. There is a thread here somewhere where a user did convert HD to BD I think?

It is quite possible to strip out the video and audio tracks and remux them so they can be played on a Blu-ray player, the best place to look is on Doom9.org

Can AnyDVD directly rip the HD DVD movie to mpeg4 format?

No, all it does is decrypt it to the hard drive

Back